BC Law 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lgreenbe

New

Re: BC Law 2010

Post by lgreenbe » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:30 pm

pollaclc wrote:can anyone speak some on the "disneyland of law schools" thing? what does that mean? i know newton's a super nice neighborhood but that's obviously not the whole reason BC is called that.

PS:
stephanie--sorry :(
igreenbe--wow on that schol from emory! congrats

I grew up in Newton (about a 1/2 mile from the law campus) and I always thought it was because BC has a super friendly atmosphere and isn't competitive like alot of the similarly ranked schools.

fasttrack226

New

Post by fasttrack226 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:40 pm

mikcou wrote:
dakatz wrote:
lgreenbe wrote:Anyone know how BC responds to scholarship negotiations? I got a pretty good scholly from Emory, but I'd rather be in Boston.....
Have you even gotten a scholarship offer from BC yet? For all you know, they will give a similar offer.
scholarship offers havent really started coming out yet. They should be coming out soon, hopefully at least.
I got a scholarship offer by email today, so I'm guessing that everyone else should be hearing soon.

mikcou

Bronze

Post by mikcou » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:45 pm

fasttrack226 wrote:
mikcou wrote:
dakatz wrote:
lgreenbe wrote:Anyone know how BC responds to scholarship negotiations? I got a pretty good scholly from Emory, but I'd rather be in Boston.....
Have you even gotten a scholarship offer from BC yet? For all you know, they will give a similar offer.
scholarship offers havent really started coming out yet. They should be coming out soon, hopefully at least.
I got a scholarship offer by email today, so I'm guessing that everyone else should be hearing soon.
Nice, when were you admitted, since they said it would be on a rolling basis?

fasttrack226

New

Post by fasttrack226 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:00 pm

Thanks! I was admitted on January 5th, not too long ago.

cherryalamode

Bronze

Post by cherryalamode » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:19 pm

So today was day 9 since I sent something in to BC (via email).

I am calling them monday to find out whats happening...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

daniel5215

Bronze

Post by daniel5215 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:42 pm

I received an email about online service password yesterday from BC. It says financial aid info will start to be released next week and can be found on the online service. I don't if this financial aid includes merit awards. So I'm gonna write to them and ask.

Xiaolong

Bronze

Post by Xiaolong » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:59 pm

I went through some of the scholarship negotiation threads on this site, and someone reported asking BC for more money. They turned him down though saying that they don't take other sholarships into account. That post was from '08 though, so things may have changed.

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:11 pm

Xiaolong wrote:

I went through some of the scholarship negotiation threads on this site, and someone reported asking BC for more money. They turned him down though saying that they don't take other sholarships into account. That post was from '08 though, so things may have changed.
FWIW, I emailed awhile ago requesting a scholly (telling them about the $$ BU gave me) and no one ever responded.

jrobby6

Bronze

Post by jrobby6 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:40 am

Ok, so I was waitlisted a few weeks ago and my father calls me telling me that I was admitted via some letter.

The letter had my username, eagle id, and finaid keys. So was I admitted? And where do I login with this? I'm so confused..mixed emotions right now.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:08 am

jrobby6 wrote:Ok, so I was waitlisted a few weeks ago and my father calls me telling me that I was admitted via some letter.

The letter had my username, eagle id, and finaid keys. So was I admitted? And where do I login with this? I'm so confused..mixed emotions right now.
That sounds strange. No one I know has any keys yet.

mikcou

Bronze

Post by mikcou » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:27 am

tram988 wrote:
jrobby6 wrote:Ok, so I was waitlisted a few weeks ago and my father calls me telling me that I was admitted via some letter.

They went out on thursday so its entirely possible that someone in the area had fast delivery. I'm expecting mine to come today.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:04 am

mikcou wrote:
tram988 wrote:

They went out on thursday so its entirely possible that someone in the area had fast delivery. I'm expecting mine to come today.
I guess-- thats pretty quick lol. Hopefully he got in. Jrobby are you going to ASW? I want everyone here to meet.

GobiasIndustries

Bronze

Post by GobiasIndustries » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:51 pm

daniel5215 wrote:I received an email about online service password yesterday from BC. It says financial aid info will start to be released next week and can be found on the online service. I don't if this financial aid includes merit awards. So I'm gonna write to them and ask.
I got the same email, and it mentioned that they would start posting awards to the online system next week. I'm also not sure if this includes merit, though, but I guess we'll see. Nice to just finally see some movement in the right direction.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

forty-two

Bronze

Post by forty-two » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:38 pm

nvm
Last edited by forty-two on Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:04 pm

Got my letter with log in information. No financial aid yet! Hoping soon :)

nyknicks

Bronze

Post by nyknicks » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Waitlisted :? . Should I send in my LOCI via email or mail?

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:35 pm

tram988 wrote:Got my letter with log in information. No financial aid yet! Hoping soon :)
Nothing in the mail for me in NYC today. Maybe Monday?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:43 pm

danidancer wrote:
tram988 wrote:Got my letter with log in information. No financial aid yet! Hoping soon :)
Got mine in NYC today. You'll prolly get it Thursday.

I found the whole login and "secrurity credentials" (the letter even says "confidential") sort of bizarre and confusing.

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:48 pm

goodolgil wrote:
danidancer wrote:
Got mine in NYC today. You'll prolly get it Thursday.

I found the whole login and "secrurity credentials" (the letter even says "confidential") sort of bizarre and confusing.
Thursday?! What?!

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:52 pm

oops, I meant Monday. Sorry!

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:25 pm

Mine doesn't have any financial aid info yet either! Quick question: Does your page say if they've received your need access form yet? Mine says:
Documents required:
Law Validation form
Need Access
IRS 1040 Tax Return
W-2 Form

Received Documents:
FAFSA

But I submitted my need access a few days ago (although I am aware it says it could take a week to process--just curious).
Anyway, does yours look similar, or am I missing all this stuff? :) thanks! Go Eagles!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mikcou

Bronze

Post by mikcou » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:32 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:

Mine doesn't have any financial aid info yet either! Quick question: Does your page say if they've received your need access form yet? Mine says:
Documents required:
Law Validation form
Need Access
IRS 1040 Tax Return
W-2 Form

Received Documents:
FAFSA

But I submitted my need access a few days ago (although I am aware it says it could take a week to process--just curious).
Anyway, does yours look similar, or am I missing all this stuff? :) thanks! Go Eagles!
Theyve received my need access.

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:38 pm

mikcou wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:

Documents required:
Law Validation form
Need Access
IRS 1040 Tax Return
W-2 Form

Received Documents:
FAFSA

good to know! I'll call on monday. Does the rest of the list look the same as yours though? Or am I missing anything else? (slightly paranoid haha) thanks!

mikcou

Bronze

Post by mikcou » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:49 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:
mikcou wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:

Documents required:
Law Validation form
Need Access
IRS 1040 Tax Return
W-2 Form

Received Documents:
FAFSA

good to know! I'll call on monday. Does the rest of the list look the same as yours though? Or am I missing anything else? (slightly paranoid haha) thanks!
Yea looks exactly the same other than that. I wouldn't be too worried about it, I sent in my need access like 2-3 weeks ago, so Im sure yours is probably currently being processed.

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:08 pm

mikcou wrote:
Yea looks exactly the same other than that. I wouldn't be too worried about it, I sent in my need access like 2-3 weeks ago, so Im sure yours is probably currently being processed.

awesome. that's what I wanted to hear! thanks for your help

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”