BC Law 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lgreenbe

New

Re: BC Law 2010

Post by lgreenbe » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:05 pm

danidancer wrote:
dakatz wrote:
vebode01 wrote:I just called the financial aid office and the woman I spoke with said that the awards will start posting on agora TOMORROW :?
And here they go with the BS. Again, they say START posting, which means they could post one person's award and drag out all the rest. Lets see if anyone on here gets a single thing by tomorrow.
It's stuff like this that makes me want to just pack it up and mail Fordham my deposit. But I really would go to BC... if the price is right. :D
will that include merit awards or just financial aid from FAFSA?

vebode01

New

Post by vebode01 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:08 pm

danidancer wrote:
dakatz wrote:
vebode01 wrote:I just called the financial aid office and the woman I spoke with said that the awards will start posting on agora TOMORROW :?
And here they go with the BS. Again, they say START posting, which means they could post one person's award and drag out all the rest. Lets see if anyone on here gets a single thing by tomorrow.
It's stuff like this that makes me want to just pack it up and mail Fordham my deposit. But I really would go to BC... if the price is right. :D
I'm deadset on BC... If i get ANYTHING from BC I'm there but the wait is killing me!

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:08 pm

lgreenbe wrote:
danidancer wrote:
dakatz wrote:
will that include merit awards or just financial aid from FAFSA?
When I called, they made it sound like merit aid goes out separately via email. So who knows?

hwstewart

New

Post by hwstewart » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:11 pm

In today by snail mail! No word on financial aid though. Good luck to everyone waiting on $ and anyone attending in the fall. I'm withdrawing. Thought I might try the shoe on, but I'm a southern kind of guy, what can I say

vebode01

New

Post by vebode01 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:14 pm

I thought the same...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hellomoto

New

Post by hellomoto » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:03 pm

Received an acceptance today. Super excited.

I went to go check my financial aid and it said: "You currently do not have an award notification to view. Please check your financial aid application status at http://www.bc.edu/finaidapp to determine if any application requirements are still outstanding."

When I went to the website, it said that my FAFSA and Need Access were in, but I still required a Law Validation Form, IRS1040, and a W-2. Do I need to send those in to get a financial aid award, or are those different? And also, what is a law validation form?

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:05 pm

hellomoto wrote:Received an acceptance today. Super excited.

I went to go check my financial aid and it said: "You currently do not have an award notification to view. Please check your financial aid application status at http://www.bc.edu/finaidapp to determine if any application requirements are still outstanding."

When I went to the website, it said that my FAFSA and Need Access were in, but I still required a Law Validation Form, IRS1040, and a W-2. Do I need to send those in to get a financial aid award, or are those different? And also, what is a law validation form?
No, you don't need to send those in to get your fin. aid award.

hellomoto

New

Post by hellomoto » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:11 pm

dakatz wrote:
hellomoto wrote:Received an acceptance today. Super excited.

No, you don't need to send those in to get your fin. aid award.
Thanks. Well, this acceptance really complicates things for me now (in a good way).

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:49 pm

Rejection letter today.

Sad. :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:23 pm

haha. interesting. i wonder if they put some offers into the system today, and it'll update at midnight or something? (seeing as tomorrow is saturday). Or maybe they work on saturdays? regardless, I'm sure I'll keep checking obsessively without any progress. thanks for updating us! :)

hellomoto

New

Post by hellomoto » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:30 am

Does anybody know if BC provides travel reimbursement or has a later date for another open house? The Open House is this Friday, but I just received my acceptance today. The cheapest flight from any reasonable airport (within 3 hours) is $650...there's just no way I can afford this right now.

Mosca

Bronze

Post by Mosca » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:31 am

Did anyone else receive Financial Aid awards yet? When I click on the "Financial Aid Award Notification" link it has a heading that says "Financial Aid Acceptance" and it asks for the Access Key from the Credentials letter. Unfortunately, I'm at work and don't have my Access Key.

mikcou

Bronze

Post by mikcou » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:30 am

Mosca wrote:Did anyone else receive Financial Aid awards yet? When I click on the "Financial Aid Award Notification" link it has a heading that says "Financial Aid Acceptance" and it asks for the Access Key from the Credentials letter. Unfortunately, I'm at work and don't have my Access Key.

I have mine, but I'm a current UG and dont need any of the info from that letter, so I'm not quite sure how this applies other than the fact theyve definitely posted some awards.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

see18

New

Post by see18 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:27 am

My award has been posted.

GobiasIndustries

Bronze

Post by GobiasIndustries » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:45 am

see18 wrote:My award has been posted.
Same.

djgoldbe

Bronze

Post by djgoldbe » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:58 am

Wait so this is for merit-based right? and you don't need to submit any forms for it correct? Mine hasn't been posted...would be very surprised if I didn't get any...

danidancer

Silver

Post by danidancer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:04 am

GobiasIndustries wrote:
see18 wrote:My award has been posted.
Same.
Mine as well. For those wondering, looks like merit awards/scholarships are included in the breakdown. I never received an email, but there's a scholarship listed on my award...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

see18

New

Post by see18 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:06 am

djgoldbe wrote:Wait so this is for merit-based right? and you don't need to submit any forms for it correct? Mine hasn't been posted...would be very surprised if I didn't get any...
No, it's not just merit aid. It's financial aid, meaning you need to submit the financial aid forms. Priority filing deadline was the 15th or something.

djgoldbe

Bronze

Post by djgoldbe » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:09 am

see18 wrote:
djgoldbe wrote:Wait so this is for merit-based right? and you don't need to submit any forms for it correct? Mine hasn't been posted...would be very surprised if I didn't get any...
No, it's not just merit aid. It's financial aid, meaning you need to submit the financial aid forms. Priority filing deadline was the 15th or something.
Yes, but for people who are wondering about just merit aid, do you need to submit anything and if not will it be posted on agora?

Xiaolong

Bronze

Post by Xiaolong » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:10 am

see18 wrote:

So can you make out how much of your award is merit based and how much is need based?

BTW, its just perfect that BC has the most complicated system for notifying people of fin aid. I am abroad and Ill probably wait another 10 days before I get the damn letter with the login info. Seriously, why can't they just send an email?

see18

New

Post by see18 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:13 am

Xiaolong wrote:
see18 wrote:

So can you make out how much of your award is merit based and how much is need based?

BTW, its just perfect that BC has the most complicated system for notifying people of fin aid. I am abroad and Ill probably wait another 10 days before I get the damn letter with the login info. Seriously, why can't they just send an email?
It breaks it down, so you can look at the description of each award you receive and that tells you if it's merit based, need based or both.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

see18

New

Post by see18 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:14 am

djgoldbe wrote:
see18 wrote:
Yes, but for people who are wondering about just merit aid, do you need to submit anything and if not will it be posted on agora?

That would be a question for the financial or admissions office. It seems people who were just getting merit based got emails already, and that some people got merit based with their other financial aid on agora.

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:45 am

mine has been posted--no money :?

cboo

New

Post by cboo » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:17 pm

So do we think there could still be more scholarships, or is this it? I've got nothing and if this is their final offer I'm ready to withdraw. :|

vebode01

New

Post by vebode01 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:20 pm

I've been awarded a 15k grant and put my deposit in the mail today :) a merit award would be the icing on the cake! Officially a member of the BC Law class of 2013!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”