USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
deem

Re: USC 2010!

Postby deem » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:05 am

So, I got an email from USC giving me news highlights and saying congratulations on getting accepted. I'm really excited, but I'm also kind of confused because I don't think my letter arrived at my house yet. I didn't get a call from my parents (it's going to my permanent address), so I figured it would arrive tomorrow or wednesday (I went DF 1/18). There's no way this is a mistake right? I'm thinking that I must have not gotten the letter by the time they had expected. I really hope I am definitely in! Thanks and good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

smacroon

Postby smacroon » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:09 am

deem wrote:So, I got an email from USC giving me news highlights and saying congratulations on getting accepted. I'm really excited, but I'm also kind of confused because I don't think my letter arrived at my house yet. I didn't get a call from my parents (it's going to my permanent address), so I figured it would arrive tomorrow or wednesday (I went DF 1/18). There's no way this is a mistake right? I'm thinking that I must have not gotten the letter by the time they had expected. I really hope I am definitely in! Thanks and good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Same :lol: Hooray! Guess LA and NYC are on different mail planets but I'll take the acceptance however it comes. Congrats!

DR 1/19
App submitted mid-Nov

roxj

Postby roxj » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:12 am

Got the congrats e-mail as well, but still no decision letter. DF 1/19. I'm in Washington state, so I'm pretty surprised the letter hasn't made it here yet.

Yay for us, I suppose!

turkishangora

Postby turkishangora » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:38 am

finalaspects wrote:
turkishangora wrote:The certification letter can be "signed" electronically, correct? i.e. when you check the box on LSAC submitting the apps? I didn't see the letter before submitting :oops: I now realize that I didn't check the payment method...this can't be the reason why my file isn't complete yet, can it? Submitted first week of Jan.

haha i was worried about this as well. but no worries. you can sign electronically.

if you want to double check go to lsac and check your "completed applications" -> "Transmitted application (PDF)". on the first page of each app that you sent out will be a confirmation. :wink:

YAY thanks! :)

rhapsodyinazul

Postby rhapsodyinazul » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:11 am

roxj wrote:Got the congrats e-mail as well, but still no decision letter. DF 1/19. I'm in Washington state, so I'm pretty surprised the letter hasn't made it here yet.

Yay for us, I suppose!

Exact same thing with me, too; I'm in WA, as well. Kind of bizarre, but I'll take it!

Mroberts3

Postby Mroberts3 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:15 am

You guys are certainly in...I got the email the same day (today) as the letter and I'm only a few hundred miles away.

gmichaelbluth

Postby gmichaelbluth » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:28 am

jgulia45 wrote:Got the packet of information today. Was accepted in the first batch that arrived the day after Christmas. No scholarship information though....

Same here.

lawblahblah

Postby lawblahblah » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:47 am

deem wrote:So, I got an email from USC giving me news highlights and saying congratulations on getting accepted. I'm really excited, but I'm also kind of confused because I don't think my letter arrived at my house yet. I didn't get a call from my parents (it's going to my permanent address), so I figured it would arrive tomorrow or wednesday (I went DF 1/18). There's no way this is a mistake right? I'm thinking that I must have not gotten the letter by the time they had expected. I really hope I am definitely in! Thanks and good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

+1

Takes a little bit of the pressure off, but I still can't wait to get some real info. Does anyone know anything about asw, dates, do they offer a travel reimbursement?

nyskidude

Postby nyskidude » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:15 am

Still complete.... 10/14.... I'm hoping that means they will look at me soon. USC is completely disregarding one of my advantages (I applied on 10/1). I thought applying early would help, but guess not with USC haha. :roll:

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:31 pm

sorry to be off topic but I'm kind of confused and need some of you accepted folks to help me out

I'm an early Rothman invitee, first batch of accepted students, and yet have to receive any kind of scholarship offer. I hear invitees virtually always get substantial amounts. However, both the acceptance letter and the subsequent package have arrived and I still see no $$ offer. Do they come out later after they've sorted out their Rothman applications????
THANKS!!!

jgulia45

Postby jgulia45 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:17 pm

SanBun wrote:sorry to be off topic but I'm kind of confused and need some of you accepted folks to help me out

I'm an early Rothman invitee, first batch of accepted students, and yet have to receive any kind of scholarship offer. I hear invitees virtually always get substantial amounts. However, both the acceptance letter and the subsequent package have arrived and I still see no $$ offer. Do they come out later after they've sorted out their Rothman applications????
THANKS!!!

i am in the same boat. i'd look through LSN from last year's cycle and see when the people who received any scholarship info got their stuff.

anniesaysrelax

Postby anniesaysrelax » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:04 pm

jgulia45 wrote:
SanBun wrote:sorry to be off topic but I'm kind of confused and need some of you accepted folks to help me out

THANKS!!!

i am in the same boat. i'd look through LSN from last year's cycle and see when the people who received any scholarship info got their stuff.

Similar situation here. In reading through the thread from last year it looks like no one got any sort of $$ until mid-February, so I guess we'll just have to wait patiently until then.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:56 pm

Any Rothman invitees that applied in November still waiting to get an acceptance? Or go UR...goddamn it USC! I'm complete 11/30 applied mid nov

Twix

Postby Twix » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:09 pm

Oli wrote:Any Rothman invitees that applied in November still waiting to get an acceptance? Or go UR...goddamn it USC! I'm complete 11/30 applied mid nov

I'm in the same boat...complete 12/10, got the Rothman invite around that time, applied around mid-november.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:26 pm

Twix wrote:
Oli wrote:Any Rothman invitees that applied in November still waiting to get an acceptance? Or go UR...goddamn it USC! I'm complete 11/30 applied mid nov

I'm in the same boat...complete 12/10, got the Rothman invite around that time, applied around mid-november.

Mind sharing your stats? You can PM if you want.

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:34 pm

Am I correct to believe that USC is still dealing with the Rothman invites/auto-admits? Any "mortals" been admitted yet?

This poor soul has a 168 LSAT (on retake), and a 3.5+ GPA. Not in review yet. Am I doomed this cycle? A lot of schools have said no thanks to me so far. :(

-HL

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Submitted first week of Jan. UR 1/22...is that fast for USC?

turkishangora

Postby turkishangora » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:16 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:Submitted first week of Jan. UR 1/22...is that fast for USC?

Yes. Submitted first week of Jan too and still incomplete :(

Good Luck!! :)

captainkirk

Postby captainkirk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:37 pm

Oli wrote:
Twix wrote:

I got the Rothman invite, and am still stuck at complete 12/10, too...

Havaianas

Postby Havaianas » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:50 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:Am I correct to believe that USC is still dealing with the Rothman invites/auto-admits? Any "mortals" been admitted yet?

This poor soul has a 168 LSAT (on retake), and a 3.5+ GPA. Not in review yet. Am I doomed this cycle? A lot of schools have said no thanks to me so far. :(

-HL

I'm mortal - went complete 11/30 and just got a welcome email this morning.

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:26 am

Havaianas wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:Am I correct to believe that USC is still dealing with the Rothman invites/auto-admits? Any "mortals" been admitted yet?

-HL

Congrats! Well, how mortal are you? If you wouldn't mind, would you PM your stats/approximate stats?

-HL

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:56 am

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
Havaianas wrote:

-HL

Congrats! Well, how mortal are you? If you wouldn't mind, would you PM your stats/approximate stats?

-HL

Hopeful I don't think you're a lost case at all, I have very similar # and was a very early admit (mid-December)

KCJ5115

Postby KCJ5115 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:35 am

Hopefullawstudent wrote:
Havaianas wrote:

-HL

-HL

I hope you're not doomed. Im pretty much in the same boat as you. Same stats, same undergrad school...At complete since October...

Nazrix

Postby Nazrix » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:02 am

Well, good luck, you can have my spot when i graduate here, feel free to ask some questions if you wanna know.

mlf1939

Postby mlf1939 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:36 am

captainkirk wrote:
Oli wrote:
Twix wrote:

I got the Rothman invite, and am still stuck at complete 12/10, too...

+1,

168, 3.93

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”