USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby SilverE2 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Inygma wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:Still complete 10/4. Should I call them? Or just keep waiting.....


Wait, they order people by best to worst it seems. Unless your LSAT/GPA is high, it probably means you were put towards the lower end of the pile.


Ok. Yeah, my LSAT/GPA is definitely in the waitlist category. Thanks!

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Inygma wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:Still complete 10/4. Should I call them? Or just keep waiting.....


Wait, they order people by best to worst it seems. Unless your LSAT/GPA is high, it probably means you were put towards the lower end of the pile.


I don't think that's true. SilverE2 has better stats than I (same LSAT lower GPA). I even applied later than 10/4.

I don't know what's going on, but they might finally be in the rejection wave since i just went into review.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:28 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
Inygma wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:Still complete 10/4. Should I call them? Or just keep waiting.....


Wait, they order people by best to worst it seems. Unless your LSAT/GPA is high, it probably means you were put towards the lower end of the pile.


Ok. Yeah, my LSAT/GPA is definitely in the waitlist category. Thanks!


i don't think you're in the waitlist category... you have above 25% in GPA and above 75% in LSAT...

LSP has you at 57%. I'm at less than <5%....

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Veritas » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:29 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Inygma wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:Still complete 10/4. Should I call them? Or just keep waiting.....


Wait, they order people by best to worst it seems. Unless your LSAT/GPA is high, it probably means you were put towards the lower end of the pile.


I don't think that's true. SilverE2 has better stats than I (same LSAT lower GPA). I even applied later than 10/4.

I don't know what's going on, but they might finally be in the rejection wave since i just went into review.

did you go IR 1/8?

painsinmysides
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:55 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby painsinmysides » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:30 pm

How many Rothman invitees do you guys think there are?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Veritas wrote:did you go IR 1/8?


lol veritas. i'm happy to tell you i went into IR a week after you.

when did you apply/go complete though?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:05 pm

if my theory is correct guys...

this week's IR applicants seem to be splitters... (verified with 3 sources)

floppymex
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby floppymex » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Veritas-I'm also at IR 1/8, and also on the edge of my proverbial seat.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Veritas » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:17 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Veritas wrote:did you go IR 1/8?


lol veritas. i'm happy to tell you i went into IR a week after you.

when did you apply/go complete though?

haha I applied 10/20 and complete 11/10.
floppymex wrote:Veritas-I'm also at IR 1/8, and also on the edge of my proverbial seat.


I'm anxious, too. I would <3 USC.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:56 pm

Veritas wrote:haha I applied 10/20 and complete 11/10.


whoa why it'd take you so long to go complete? were you missing something in your file? i applied one day before you but went complete over 10 days before you.

then again you went IR a week before me...

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Veritas » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:03 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Veritas wrote:haha I applied 10/20 and complete 11/10.


whoa why it'd take you so long to go complete? were you missing something in your file? i applied one day before you but went complete over 10 days before you.

then again you went IR a week before me...

I'm not sure why it took so long. Nothing out of the ordinary occurred.

tinine
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby tinine » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:20 pm

DF 1/12, got rejected.

User avatar
socalren
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:47 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby socalren » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:23 pm

tinine wrote:DF 1/12, got rejected.


Oh dear, I'll probably have my rejection today too... I DF'd the same day...oh well. There's something better for us out there.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:23 pm

tinine wrote:DF 1/12, got rejected.


uh oh.... :?

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby jmhendri » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:23 pm

socalren wrote:
tinine wrote:DF 1/12, got rejected.


Oh dear, I'll probably have my rejection today too... I DF'd the same day...oh well. There's something better for us out there.


damn. me too.

User avatar
socalren
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:47 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby socalren » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:24 pm

jmhendri wrote:
socalren wrote:
tinine wrote:DF 1/12, got rejected.


Oh dear, I'll probably have my rejection today too... I DF'd the same day...oh well. There's something better for us out there.


damn. me too.

Did you get rejected or are you concuring with me?

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby msch0i » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:25 pm

tinine wrote:DF 1/12, got rejected.


Sorry about the bad news :(

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby jmhendri » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:26 pm

socalren wrote:
jmhendri wrote:
socalren wrote:
tinine wrote:DF 1/12, got rejected.


Oh dear, I'll probably have my rejection today too... I DF'd the same day...oh well. There's something better for us out there.


damn. me too.

Did you get rejected or are you concuring with me?


I am concurring. The only thing I was basing hope on was the fact that USC hadn't sent out rejections this early in the past. So I'm now 90% sure I'll have a rejection in the mailbox when I get home.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Veritas » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:26 pm

oh noes, I'm sorry for the dings. :| nail biting month

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Inygma » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:26 pm

tinine wrote:DF 1/12, got rejected.


#s?

floppymex
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:00 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby floppymex » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:33 pm

Sorry to hear about the dings. Still holding on to dear life with you Veritas.

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby jmhendri » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:29 pm

I'm scared to call my house and have my room mate check the mail. But I won't be home till late...

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:30 pm

jmhendri wrote:I'm scared to call my house and have my room mate check the mail. But I won't be home till late...


good luck!

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby jmhendri » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Odd... Nothing in the mail today from USC. Just a letter from George Washington sending me from ED into the regular decision pool. DF 1/12. You'd think even regular mail sent out the 12th or 13th would have gotten here.

At least I'm saved from crushing rejection another day.

User avatar
moverit
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:08 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby moverit » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:17 am

finalaspects wrote:if my theory is correct guys...

this week's IR applicants seem to be splitters... (verified with 3 sources)


I think your theory could be correct... I went IR this week and I have a horrid LSAT for USC but a gpa that is holds its own (although nothing strong enough to make up for the LSAT). I feel like I am part of some crazy social experiment.

Well done!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canafsa, cocozhang9950, Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], mse2020, smashbash and 7 guests