USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
socalren

Re: USC 2010!

Postby socalren » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:54 pm

finalaspects wrote:anyone have a rough estimate of the time it takes from under review to decision?

does it take over a month?

Took exactly 1 month and 1 day for me. 12/11 to 1/12.

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:56 pm

finalaspects wrote:anyone have a rough estimate of the time it takes from under review to decision?

Did you finally go under review? :D

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:00 pm

msch0i wrote:

lol yes i did. i should get rejected though... checked people last year with my stats and all were rejected and i mean ALL.

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:04 pm

finalaspects wrote:
msch0i wrote:

lol yes i did. i should get rejected though... checked people last year with my stats and all were rejected and i mean ALL.

One step at a time. You have to survive the Berkeley massacre first! My productivity has gone to zero since people starting reporting rejection e-mails.
...and if I go under review along the same timeline as you, it'll approximately be in March. fml.

socalren

Postby socalren » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:04 pm

finalaspects wrote:
msch0i wrote:

I bet it won't be that long for a decision rendered for you. Realistically mine was probably UR for only 2-3 weeks because of the holidays.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:09 pm

msch0i wrote:
One step at a time. You have to survive the Berkeley massacre first! My productivity has gone to zero since people starting reporting rejection e-mails.
...and if I go under review along the same timeline as you, it'll approximately be in March. fml.

i just got the berkeley rejection. :(

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:10 pm

socalren wrote:I bet it won't be that long for a decision rendered for you. Realistically mine was probably UR for only 2-3 weeks because of the holidays.

did you get anything in the mail yet? some 1/11 got it yesterday/today, so you should get it today or tomorrow?

i have a feeling i'll be the first rejection in USC. joy.

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:14 pm

finalaspects wrote:
msch0i wrote:

I'm next on the guillotine, for sure.

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:14 pm

msch0i wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
msch0i wrote:

I'm next on the guillotine, for sure.

At least the guillotine is respectable, I'll be dragged behind the building and shot in the gutter, I'm not even under-review

socalren

Postby socalren » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:18 pm

finalaspects wrote:
socalren wrote:I bet it won't be that long for a decision rendered for you. Realistically mine was probably UR for only 2-3 weeks because of the holidays.

did you get anything in the mail yet? some 1/11 got it yesterday/today, so you should get it today or tomorrow?

I think I'll beat you to the rejection. I'm actually having my boyfriend check the mail for me since I have a work event 'till late tonight. I should know any minute now if I got something...

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:19 pm

socalren wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I think I'll beat you to the rejection. I'm actually having my boyfriend check the mail for me since I have a work event 'till late tonight. I should know any minute now if I got something...

remember it comes in a small envelope. so he has to open it and read it!

Darlington

Postby Darlington » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:26 pm

deem wrote:So it seems that a lot of people who went UR when I did (mid-Dec) have gone DF. Did anyone who received the Rothman invite and went UR around mid-Dec not get there decision yet? Should I contact them or just send in my Rothman app even though I have not gotten a decision yet? Thanks for the help everybody, I am just getting a little nervous/anxious.

I was IR on 12/22 and then again IR on 1/7, with no DF as of today. I received the Rothman invite around the beginning of December and assumed I would receive some type of notification prior to needing to convince myself to sit down and put forth a 1-2 page effort. I'm fighting the urge to rest on my laurels after finishing the application process and am wondering whether the Rothman is, in fact, a tacit acceptance. Anyone else IR 1/7, Rothman invites, whose decision has yet to be rendered?

Jacques

Postby Jacques » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:33 pm

Last edited by Jacques on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:34 pm

Darlington wrote:
deem wrote:So it seems that a lot of people who went UR when I did (mid-Dec) have gone DF. Did anyone who received the Rothman invite and went UR around mid-Dec not get there decision yet? Should I contact them or just send in my Rothman app even though I have not gotten a decision yet? Thanks for the help everybody, I am just getting a little nervous/anxious.

I was IR on 12/22 and then again IR on 1/7, with no DF as of today. I received the Rothman invite around the beginning of December and assumed I would receive some type of notification prior to needing to convince myself to sit down and put forth a 1-2 page effort. I'm fighting the urge to rest on my laurels after finishing the application process and am wondering whether the Rothman is, in fact, a tacit acceptance. Anyone else IR 1/7, Rothman invites, whose decision has yet to be rendered?

so far everyone with a rothman invite has been accepted. including last year. so you have that going for you.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:36 pm

Jacques wrote:Looks like we may have an indication about 1/12:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/jahallc

do we know if he received the letter on the 12th? or the decision rendered on the 12th?

his lsat was way too low regardless it seems...

Jockin Jay-Z

Postby Jockin Jay-Z » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:38 pm

People who have applied after, say, 12/20: have you gone complete yet?

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:42 pm

Jockin Jay-Z wrote:People who have applied after, say, 12/20: have you gone complete yet?

I don't think you'll go complete for a while. It's been taking people 3 weeks to a month to go complete...

edit: a while, as in, maybe next week :D

socalren

Postby socalren » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:44 pm

finalaspects wrote:

do we know if he received the letter on the 12th? or the decision rendered on the 12th?

Kinda seems fast if he really is in Kentucky... maybe there's still hope for me?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:48 pm

socalren wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Kinda seems fast if he really is in Kentucky... maybe there's still hope for me?

its not over until you get the letter. i don't know your stats though... but keep hope alive!

nm just checked your lsn. that guy had an lsat that was wayyyyy too low despite his GPA. you're in a much better standing.
Last edited by finalaspects on Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacques

Postby Jacques » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:49 pm

Slansky

Postby Slansky » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:15 pm

I am this. Went In Review 12/17, still no DF, sent in my Rothman essay last week. I would just send it in...there's no reason to wait for the decision. If they sent the invite before accepting you, they won't mind getting your essay before they accept you.

socalren

Postby socalren » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:17 pm

Jacques wrote:
socalren wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I think there may still be hope for you! I'm pulling 100% for you, ren.

If you don't get a letter today, and this guy out in Kentucky did, I think it's safe to say that they were sent out on different days. I don't see any way that a first class envelope gets to KY before something gets to you. If your mailbox is empty, I'd take it as a good sign.

Thanks Jacques! Nothing in the mail today, so must be different days. 'till tomorrow's mail then :)

socalren

Postby socalren » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:20 pm

finalaspects wrote:
socalren wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

its not over until you get the letter. i don't know your stats though... but keep hope alive!

nm just checked your lsn. that guy had an lsat that was wayyyyy too low despite his GPA. you're in a much better standing.

I hope you are right! My LSAT isn't great but my softs are good and my GPA up there. *fingers crossed*

Jacques

Postby Jacques » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:21 pm

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:22 pm

I think that I might have forgotten to mention that I withdrew. Good luck, everyone!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”