USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
calicocat

Re: USC 2010!

Postby calicocat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Veritas wrote:
Oli wrote:
Veritas wrote:Oh, that was just for you :wink:

Did you hear about my BU fail? There is no way I'm getting into law school :P

No? What happened?

They requested that lsac not send my updated transcript

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:00 pm

Oli wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Oli wrote:
Veritas wrote:Oh, that was just for you :wink:

Did you hear about my BU fail? There is no way I'm getting into law school :P

No? What happened?

They requested that lsac not send my updated transcript

:| maybe because they don't need it to know you are AWESOME!

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:07 pm

Veritas wrote: :| maybe because they don't need it to know you are AWESOME!

Yeah they're clearly not aware *looks around for pessimists and waits for abuse*

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Oli wrote:

Yeah they're clearly not aware *looks around for pessimists and waits for abuse*

:D not with me here!

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:14 pm

Veritas wrote:
Oli wrote:

Haha thats true. You got accepted to hastings? Congrats <3

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:16 pm

Oli wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Oli wrote:

Haha thats true. You got accepted to hastings? Congrats <3

Thanks

but I like GW more <3

soccersmo

Postby soccersmo » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:34 pm

ugh still complete as of 11/20... toss up #s... I'm really hoping they come through, USC is my first choice!

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:36 pm

soccersmo wrote:ugh still complete as of 11/20... toss up #s... I'm really hoping they come through, USC is my first choice!

i've been complete a month ahead of you.... :evil:

feel better knowing you could be me

soccersmo

Postby soccersmo » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:41 pm

finalaspects wrote:
soccersmo wrote:ugh still complete as of 11/20... toss up #s... I'm really hoping they come through, USC is my first choice!

naw im still anxious... but now I am also anxious for you... I thought I remembered you having solid numbers though (UCLA thread) you should be in at USC I think

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:47 pm

soccersmo wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

naw im still anxious... but now I am also anxious for you... I thought I remembered you having solid numbers though (UCLA thread) you should be in at USC I think

no i have a horrible gpa. horrible may be an understatement even at least to law schools. 3.1

and california LOVES gpa... :evil: :evil: :evil:

StyrofoamWar

Postby StyrofoamWar » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:13 pm

quick (probably total rookie) question:

When people post that they were admitted/dinged via online status checker, are those schools that release admit/deny info online? Or do they just assume based on some information found or not found on the status check site?

Thanks

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:20 pm

StyrofoamWar wrote:quick (probably total rookie) question:

When people post that they were admitted/dinged via online status checker, are those schools that release admit/deny info online? Or do they just assume based on some information found or not found on the status check site?

Thanks

I don't understand your question...

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:23 pm

Oli wrote:

Thanks

I don't understand your question...

me neither. I tried, i really did.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 pm

Thanks

find me a post where people said they were admitted or dinged via status checker....

did you even bother reading anything?

StyrofoamWar

Postby StyrofoamWar » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:26 pm

fair.

I meant do people mean that they go onto their status checker and see "admitted" or "rejected".

Or do they go to the "fees" section, for example, and see that they have a schedule of deposits due, meaning they got in? And if they don't see anything about fees being due after it reads "decision finalized", does that mean rejection?

Hopefully that makes more sense.

StyrofoamWar

Postby StyrofoamWar » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:30 pm

finalaspects wrote:

Thanks

find me a post where people said they were admitted or dinged via status checker....

did you even bother reading anything?

Here:

stats.php?school=u-of-texas

Search "via status check" for your example. Hopefully that'll keep you happy.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:30 pm

StyrofoamWar wrote:fair.

I meant do people mean that they go onto their status checker and see "admitted" or "rejected".

Or do they go to the "fees" section, for example, and see that they have a schedule of deposits due, meaning they got in? And if they don't see anything about fees being due after it reads "decision finalized", does that mean rejection?

It does make more sense. That doesn't make it a good question though. I'm pretty sure that the status checker doesn't specify if you've been admitted or rejected. People are finding out by snail mail? email?...God just read the thread...

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:30 pm

StyrofoamWar wrote:fair.

.... status check just states a decision has been rendered. you cannot tell from the status checker whether or not you've been accepted or rejected. it arrives by snail mail.

what fees section??? what are you talking about???

read at least a couple of pages back and you should find out everything you want...

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:32 pm

StyrofoamWar wrote:
Here:

what does showing me stats for texas have to do with anything????

this is the thread for USC. each school works differently... what the hell are you talking about???

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:34 pm

finalaspects wrote:
StyrofoamWar wrote:
Here:

this is the thread for USC. each school works differently... what the hell are you talking about???

Don't feed the troll

StyrofoamWar

Postby StyrofoamWar » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:35 pm

finalaspects wrote:
StyrofoamWar wrote:
Here:

I was asking if some schools release information online since none had in my experience, but people had mentioned finding what happened with their application by checking online at other schools. Clearly, it sounds like USC does not. Thanks..

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:38 pm

StyrofoamWar wrote:I was asking if some schools release information online since none had in my experience, but people had mentioned finding what happened with their application by checking online at other schools. Clearly, it sounds like USC does not. Thanks..

I've noticed that Penn does. People are pissed cause you didn't even scroll up to notice that people are getting their decisions in the mail.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:38 pm

StyrofoamWar wrote:I was asking if some schools release information online since none had in my experience, but people had mentioned finding what happened with their application by checking online at other schools. Clearly, it sounds like USC does not. Thanks for answering so graciously.

Oh man, all you had to do was exactly that. "does USC tell you your decision (accept or reject) on the status checker?"

look how the hell you phrased your question...

each school does it differently. some schools tell you via status checker, some do it by email, and some do it by phone calls, and some do it by snail mail.

i hope you learn to clarify yourself before law school... and perhaps if you saw that in texas... you might have asked the question in the texas thread... hope you research better in law school as well

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:40 pm

finalaspects wrote:
StyrofoamWar wrote:I was asking if some schools release information online since none had in my experience, but people had mentioned finding what happened with their application by checking online at other schools. Clearly, it sounds like USC does not. Thanks for answering so graciously.

Oh man, all you had to do was exactly that. "does USC tell you your decision (accept or reject) on the status checker?"

look how the hell you phrased your question...

each school does it differently. some schools tell you via status checker, some do it by email, and some do it by phone calls, and some do it by snail mail.

i hope you learn to clarify yourself before law school... and perhaps if you saw that in texas... you might have asked the question in the texas thread... hope you research better in law school as well

lol TLS is meeeeeeean :twisted:

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Oli wrote:lol TLS is meeeeeeean :twisted:

maybe it'll help him for the socratic method.. imagine what a professor would have done...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”