USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
skyhvm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby skyhvm » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:54 pm

I don't think there's much basis for this. I went DF 1/12 and have very strong #s and got into two T14s. Not too worried here.[/quote]

DrGuano-How long were you in review?[/quote]

Sometime last week...maybe the 6?[/quote]

Great--thank you!

hopefulincal

Postby hopefulincal » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:04 pm

jgulia45 wrote:
Jockin Jay-Z wrote:
jimmyd11011 wrote:Anybody else have NOTHING to write for the Rothman essay but feel like it would be stupid not to write it anyway?

+1.

me too...decided not to write it after I toured and admissions lady described last two winners. damn you privaledged upbringing and fail community service attempts.

Would you mind expanding on this? I thought it was supposed to be strictly merit based? Trying to decide whether or not to spend half a day on it. Thanks.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:06 pm

jmhendri wrote:
Vic wrote:Is there any consensus at all regarding everyone with "1/12 Decision Finalized" or is it down to prayer for a priority mail envelope?

They're rejections. Everyone who got a 1/12 "DF" was expecting a USC rejection based on low numbers... so either they're taking in an unprecedented number of pity cases this year or they sent out rejections early.

I would bet against this. I doubt its a rejection. Other than the evidence provided before my post, I will most likely get rejected and i have not gone into review or decision yet. I was completed late Oct.

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:15 pm

finalaspects wrote:
jmhendri wrote:
Vic wrote:Is there any consensus at all regarding everyone with "1/12 Decision Finalized" or is it down to prayer for a priority mail envelope?

They're rejections. Everyone who got a 1/12 "DF" was expecting a USC rejection based on low numbers... so either they're taking in an unprecedented number of pity cases this year or they sent out rejections early.

I would bet against this. I doubt its a rejection. Other than the evidence provided before my post, I will most likely get rejected and i have not gone into review or decision yet. I was completed late Oct.

You guys are really getting my hopes up. If I'm crushed tomorrow its all your fault.

(maybe we're WLs??)

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:20 pm

jmhendri wrote:You guys are really getting my hopes up. If I'm crushed tomorrow its all your fault.

(maybe we're WLs??)

WL is possible.

When did you go complete? and are you an URM?

Also does your profile say that you went to UCSD - University of California - San Diego? Or University of Southern California San Diego which is not an UC...

Mroberts3

Postby Mroberts3 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:24 pm

When did everyone get their status check email? I've been complete since mid Dec and haven't seen one. Should I be worried (or did it get lost in my spam folder like my complete email?)

grrrstick

Postby grrrstick » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Last edited by grrrstick on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nyskidude

Postby nyskidude » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:28 pm

This grouping thing really stinks... I've been complete since 10/14... Not yet under review.

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:30 pm

finalaspects wrote:
jmhendri wrote:You guys are really getting my hopes up. If I'm crushed tomorrow its all your fault.

(maybe we're WLs??)

WL is possible.

When did you go complete? and are you an URM?

Also does your profile say that you went to UCSD - University of California - San Diego? Or University of Southern California San Diego which is not an UC...

I'm not sure if they're going to consider me a URM, but I did submit a diversity addendum. It talked about how my Grandfather was Jamaican and My Grandmother was French Belgium and how that lends me unique perspective on the fracturing of racial and cultural identities.

But honestly I'm pretty white.

I went to UCSD (the UC school). Graduated Magna Cum Laude. My LSAC cumulative is still super low though.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:33 pm

jmhendri wrote:I'm not sure if they're going to consider me a URM, but I did submit a diversity addendum. It talked about how my Grandfather was Jamaican and My Grandmother was French Belgium and how that lends me unique perspective on the fracturing of racial and cultural identities.

I went to UCSD. Graduated Magna Cum Laude. My LSAC cumulative is still super low though.

Sadly schools care about the LSAC GPA because that's what is reported by rankings...

change your profile though (not that it really matters)... but it says university of southern california san diego. There is only one university of southern california (ie USC), the rest are just called University of California, (LA, SD, SB, berkeley... etc)

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm

Mroberts3 wrote:When did everyone get their status check email? I've been complete since mid Dec and haven't seen one. Should I be worried (or did it get lost in my spam folder like my complete email?)

You should've gotten an "Application Received" e-mail a day or so after you submitted your app via LSAC. It had a link to the website and your Login/Password. Maybe you can e-mail them to request it again?

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:37 pm

nyskidude wrote:This grouping thing really stinks... I've been complete since 10/14... Not yet under review.

Damn, I guess I should stop obsessively checking the site to see if I'm IR yet...I'm only complete 12/21...

Zannie1986

Postby Zannie1986 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:41 pm

finalaspects wrote:
jmhendri wrote:

All I know is, my bf (170 LSAT, 3.7+ GPA) got an acceptance a day or two ago, via email, while I (162 LSAT, 3.47 GPA, non URM) have the 'decision finalized' status; I feel like I would have gotten an automatically emailed decision too if I were in his boat...

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Zannie1986 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
jmhendri wrote:

All I know is, my bf (170 LSAT, 3.7+ GPA) got an acceptance a day or two ago, via email, while I (162 LSAT, 3.47 GPA, non URM) have the 'decision finalized' status; I feel like I would have gotten an automatically emailed decision too if I were in his boat...

Really? By e-mail? THEY'RE DOING E-MAIL ACCEPTANCES NOW?

EDIT: and just a random question to throw out there...does anyone have any opinions/speculations as to how much USC values numbers compared to UCLA? Do they take a more holistic approach or are do they pretty much admit based on numbers? I ask this because there were a handful of low number WLs for UCLA (including me :D...though not holding out much hope) but I'd like to know my prospects for at least a WL for USC...
Last edited by msch0i on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:43 pm

finalaspects wrote:
jmhendri wrote:I'm not sure if they're going to consider me a URM, but I did submit a diversity addendum. It talked about how my Grandfather was Jamaican and My Grandmother was French Belgium and how that lends me unique perspective on the fracturing of racial and cultural identities.

I went to UCSD. Graduated Magna Cum Laude. My LSAC cumulative is still super low though.

Sadly schools care about the LSAC GPA because that's what is reported by rankings...

change your profile though (not that it really matters)... but it says university of southern california san diego. There is only one university of southern california (ie USC), the rest are just called University of California, (LA, SD, SB, berkeley... etc)

Haha, i hadn't noticed. I must have had USC on the brain.

alirod12

Postby alirod12 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:38 pm

I had DF on the 11th, and my numbers don't imply rejection at all.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:40 pm

Complete since 11/30...Rothman invite. Really USC? God!

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Oli wrote:Complete since 11/30...Rothman invite. Really USC? God!

Nobody likes me,
Everybody hates me,
Guess I'll go eat worms,

Long, thin, slimy ones,
Short, fat, juicy ones,
Itsy, bitsy, fuzzy wuzzy worms.

Down goes the first one,
Down goes the second one,
Oh how they wiggle and squirm.

Up comes the first one,
Up comes the second one,

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Veritas wrote:

Nobody likes me,
Everybody hates me,
Guess I'll go eat worms,

Long, thin, slimy ones,
Short, fat, juicy ones,

Down goes the first one,

Up comes the first one,
Up comes the second one,

You and me both veri

msch0i

Postby msch0i » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:45 pm

alirod12 wrote:I had DF on the 11th, and my numbers don't imply rejection at all.

I think the DF date in question was for 1/12. I think someone said earlier that the 1/11 DF batch had auto-admits numbers. So..congrats in advance :D

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:45 pm

Oli wrote:
Veritas wrote:

Nobody likes me,
Everybody hates me,
Guess I'll go eat worms,

Long, thin, slimy ones,
Short, fat, juicy ones,

Down goes the first one,

Up comes the first one,
Up comes the second one,

You and me both veri

Oh, that was just for you :wink:

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Veritas wrote:

Nobody likes me,
Everybody hates me,
Guess I'll go eat worms,

Long, thin, slimy ones,
Short, fat, juicy ones,

Down goes the first one,

Up comes the first one,
Up comes the second one,

didn't you get accepted to hastings? you shouldn't be so gloom anymore...

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Veritas wrote:Oh, that was just for you :wink:

Did you hear about my BU fail? There is no way I'm getting into law school :P

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:50 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Veritas wrote:

Nobody likes me,
Everybody hates me,
Guess I'll go eat worms,

Long, thin, slimy ones,
Short, fat, juicy ones,

Down goes the first one,

Up comes the first one,
Up comes the second one,

didn't you get accepted to hastings? you shouldn't be so gloom anymore...

Yes! I'm very grateful, this song was dedicated to Oli, I should have clarified.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:50 pm

Oli wrote:
Veritas wrote:Oh, that was just for you :wink:

Did you hear about my BU fail? There is no way I'm getting into law school :P

No? What happened?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”