USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Mosca » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:32 pm

Got an email on the 18th (went to my spam folder, I just found it yesterday) asking if I was still interested in remaining on the waitlist. It said there were a few spots left and they were going to be admitting some people early this week. Did everyone receive this? Anyone admitted this week?

ENGINEERD
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ENGINEERD » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:57 pm

Didn't receive that email :?

User avatar
Quine
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:49 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Quine » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:45 pm

Mosca wrote:Got an email on the 18th (went to my spam folder, I just found it yesterday) asking if I was still interested in remaining on the waitlist. It said there were a few spots left and they were going to be admitting some people early this week. Did everyone receive this? Anyone admitted this week?


I received that email as well.

katalatriste
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby katalatriste » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:48 pm

just got a voicemail ... IN!! :)

User avatar
DOOM
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby DOOM » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:57 pm

katalatriste wrote:just got a voicemail ... IN!! :)


congrats!

User avatar
bearsEATtrees
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby bearsEATtrees » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:55 pm

accepted off the waitlist today!

I'm out of the country so I got an email.

3.55/164 URM

DEFINITELY going! Good luck to everyone!!!!

User avatar
LizBennet
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby LizBennet » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:55 pm

I definitely didn't get the extra email from the 18th asking if I were still interested. :( I wonder if this means they're no longer considering me? Did the few people who got off this week receive that email?

katalatriste
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby katalatriste » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:57 pm

LizBennet wrote:I definitely didn't get the extra email from the 18th asking if I were still interested. :( I wonder if this means they're no longer considering me? Did the few people who got off this week receive that email?


nope...i didnt receive that email

User avatar
bearsEATtrees
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby bearsEATtrees » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:15 pm

katalatriste wrote:
LizBennet wrote:I definitely didn't get the extra email from the 18th asking if I were still interested. :( I wonder if this means they're no longer considering me? Did the few people who got off this week receive that email?


nope...i didnt receive that email


I didn't receive it either... and I heard a rumor that those of us that heard were suppose to hear on Monday but the Laker parade complicated things so they probably had their minds made up before the 18th.

barracudasix
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby barracudasix » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:13 pm

didn't get the email or the phone call. :cry: i applied super late, so i'm thinking about waiting and reapplying. good idea/bad idea?

User avatar
Hopefullawstudent
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:58 pm

I got the email. I'm in at UCLA, so I think it is geared toward people they are YPing. My friend is also in at UCLA and was WL'd at USC. She got the email as well.

In the email it's basically the usual YP stuff: "Tell us you're reeeeeallly interested and you're in." I got an identical sounding email from Notre Dame a long time ago.

Good luck to the rest of you!

-HL

barracudasix
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby barracudasix » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:05 am

ahh. thanks for the kind tip!

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby username99 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:23 pm

barracudasix wrote:ahh. thanks for the kind tip!


What do you guys think on chances for USC with a 3.47/167? Never lived in LA before - is it tough to adjust from the east coast??

User avatar
DOOM
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby DOOM » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:36 pm

username99 wrote:
barracudasix wrote:ahh. thanks for the kind tip!


What do you guys think on chances for USC with a 3.47/167? Never lived in LA before - is it tough to adjust from the east coast??


same GPA and a 169 - i was waitlisted and then accepted (early May). I sent my application very early as well (October).

I think you would need to further increase your numbers, otherwise it will be a tough reach.

my impression has been that everything about USC's admissions process is strictly numbers based. They maintain strict numerical cutoffs and I felt like they didn't really scrutinize anyone's application much. so, i'm not sure what your "chances" are, but they are poor, unless you can manage a 169+ LSAT or raise your GPA.

User avatar
LizBennet
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby LizBennet » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:19 pm

Does anyone know if/ think that there is going to be anymore Waitlist movement?

User avatar
DOOM
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby DOOM » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:27 pm

LizBennet wrote:Does anyone know if/ think that there is going to be anymore Waitlist movement?


second deposit deadline is July 1st. So maybe next week?

now is a good time for another LOCI and probably the last chance that there might be sizable gaps to be filled in the class. after that, there will probably only be room for a slow melt/trickle up until orientation.

good luck to those still waiting...its been an agonizing year for waitlists.

User avatar
LizBennet
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby LizBennet » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Has anyone heard anything about the Waitlist since the July 1 deposit deadline?

User avatar
bearsEATtrees
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby bearsEATtrees » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:20 pm

DOOM wrote:
username99 wrote:
barracudasix wrote:ahh. thanks for the kind tip!


What do you guys think on chances for USC with a 3.47/167? Never lived in LA before - is it tough to adjust from the east coast??


same GPA and a 169 - i was waitlisted and then accepted (early May). I sent my application very early as well (October).

I think you would need to further increase your numbers, otherwise it will be a tough reach.

my impression has been that everything about USC's admissions process is strictly numbers based. They maintain strict numerical cutoffs and I felt like they didn't really scrutinize anyone's application much. so, i'm not sure what your "chances" are, but they are poor, unless you can manage a 169+ LSAT or raise your GPA.



I agree. But I was definitely the outlier on this considering my 164 and 3.55 and my waitlist/accept 2 weeks ago. So it's definitely doable. But it was not an easy road. You need be persistent and have some really good letters of rec/LOCI's on your side.


As for the transition from east to west coast... i'm probably biased but it's definitely easier for east coast kids to adjust to west coast life than vice-a-versa mostly because of weather. You might find LA life a bit shocking and hard to crack but once you get the hang of it and find your niche/friends it's an amazing place to live.

ENGINEERD
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ENGINEERD » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:50 pm

So second deposits have now passed and it doesn't look like there has been any WL movement since june 15-ish. Any thoughts on one last wave of waitlist-->accept??? Its looking a bit grimmer these days but Im not giving up!!! Good luck to everyone else!

User avatar
bearsEATtrees
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:25 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby bearsEATtrees » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:04 pm

ENGINEERD wrote:So second deposits have now passed and it doesn't look like there has been any WL movement since june 15-ish. Any thoughts on one last wave of waitlist-->accept??? Its looking a bit grimmer these days but Im not giving up!!! Good luck to everyone else!



my acceptance came on June 23rd if that helps your time line.

With Duke's weird thing they just started there may be some new movement, I heard there was at some other schools.

ENGINEERD
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ENGINEERD » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:25 pm

Anyone else still holding on to any shred of hope there will be more WL acceptances?

User avatar
fl0w
Posts: 1404
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby fl0w » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:51 pm

ENGINEERD wrote:Anyone else still holding on to any shred of hope there will be more WL acceptances?


yes. pretty stupid of me, huh?

ENGINEERD
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ENGINEERD » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:33 pm

fl0w wrote:
ENGINEERD wrote:Anyone else still holding on to any shred of hope there will be more WL acceptances?


yes. pretty stupid of me, huh?


Im glad im not the only one! I would rather be stupid and hopeful at this point. Looks like there have been some late august acceptances in the past...

User avatar
nonamebreakdown
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:34 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby nonamebreakdown » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:14 pm

ENGINEERD wrote:Anyone else still holding on to any shred of hope there will be more WL acceptances?


Still hoping there will be..

viapaz
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby viapaz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:48 pm

I want to call admissions and ask about the odds of any more movement, but i feel like the response will be vague and disappointing. :?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”