USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:55 pm

iceskater1620 wrote:It kinda seems they put down the date they received the email....because why would they be getting emails and not us??


LSN users can put in all different dates. some put down the date that snail mail arrived, others when they went DF on the status checkers, and others whenever they just feel like it.

we have to wait until one of the DF 4/27 confirms on this forum what it is.

also it seems the DF 4/26ers are getting their emails today. so the 4/27 might be the 4/26ers who are saying they got accepted today. (tricky part is that the DF 4/26 crew went DF on the 23rd actually but the date was listed as 4/26) so it took them 3 days to receive the email.

SaraLA
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby SaraLA » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:58 pm

^ Yes, makes sense. So I don`t think we can accurately rely on LSN for the dates... especially since one date will show WL, reject and admit, and everyone seems to be insisting that everything is done in batches. So the moral of the story is... no one knows what the DF 4/27 batch actually is :)

User avatar
JolieSaraLee
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:34 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby JolieSaraLee » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:04 pm

finalaspects wrote:
iceskater1620 wrote:It kinda seems they put down the date they received the email....because why would they be getting emails and not us??


LSN users can put in all different dates. some put down the date that snail mail arrived, others when they went DF on the status checkers, and others whenever they just feel like it.

we have to wait until one of the DF 4/27 confirms on this forum what it is.

also it seems the DF 4/26ers are getting their emails today. so the 4/27 might be the 4/26ers who are saying they got accepted today. (tricky part is that the DF 4/26 crew went DF on the 23rd actually but the date was listed as 4/26) so it took them 3 days to receive the email.


3 days but you gotta account for the weekend.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:05 pm

JolieSaraLee wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
iceskater1620 wrote:It kinda seems they put down the date they received the email....because why would they be getting emails and not us??


LSN users can put in all different dates. some put down the date that snail mail arrived, others when they went DF on the status checkers, and others whenever they just feel like it.

we have to wait until one of the DF 4/27 confirms on this forum what it is.

also it seems the DF 4/26ers are getting their emails today. so the 4/27 might be the 4/26ers who are saying they got accepted today. (tricky part is that the DF 4/26 crew went DF on the 23rd actually but the date was listed as 4/26) so it took them 3 days to receive the email.


3 days but you gotta account for the weekend.


they might have worked on a saturday too though. most schools seem to near the end of the cycle to get out all the decisions.

if i look on LSN it seems like most people who have the same stats as those who went DF today were mostly waitlisted and rejected. :|

recent waitlists:
171/3.4
166/3.62
165/3.92
167/3.44
166/3.7

there are also some people with these stats that got straight out rejected as well.
Last edited by finalaspects on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
OneKnight
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby OneKnight » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:10 pm

finalaspects wrote:
JolieSaraLee wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
iceskater1620 wrote:It kinda seems they put down the date they received the email....because why would they be getting emails and not us??


LSN users can put in all different dates. some put down the date that snail mail arrived, others when they went DF on the status checkers, and others whenever they just feel like it.

we have to wait until one of the DF 4/27 confirms on this forum what it is.

also it seems the DF 4/26ers are getting their emails today. so the 4/27 might be the 4/26ers who are saying they got accepted today. (tricky part is that the DF 4/26 crew went DF on the 23rd actually but the date was listed as 4/26) so it took them 3 days to receive the email.


3 days but you gotta account for the weekend.


they might have worked on a saturday too though. most schools seem to near the end of the cycle to get out all the decisions.

if i look on LSN it seems like most people who went DF today were mostly waitlisted and rejected. :|


If all are rejects, I am truly surprised that a 167/3.6+ virtually guarantees admission but a 166/anything is the kiss of death. Not exactly a sliding scale :|

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:11 pm

OneKnight wrote:If all are rejects, I am truly surprised that a 167/3.6+ virtually guarantees admission but a 166/anything is the kiss of death. Not exactly a sliding scale :|


your stats actually give me hope. they accepted a few 166/high GPA last year. but im sure they have other people with unique softs and near similar stats as ours who are still waiting.

papercranes
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:06 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby papercranes » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:16 pm

Incidentally, these stats are all pretty scary. If I had applied this year, I would have been outright rejected.

User avatar
OneKnight
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby OneKnight » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:20 pm

finalaspects wrote:
OneKnight wrote:If all are rejects, I am truly surprised that a 167/3.6+ virtually guarantees admission but a 166/anything is the kiss of death. Not exactly a sliding scale :|


your stats actually give me hope. they accepted a few 166/high GPA last year. but im sure they have other people with unique softs and near similar stats as ours who are still waiting.


Yeah, I actually went into this cycle thinking USC was a solid target school. My fear now is that this year they are trying to up their 25th %ile to 167. (which, if they did not raise their 75th, would give them a 167/167/167 for 25/50/75 :roll:)

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:21 pm

papercranes wrote:Incidentally, these stats are all pretty scary. If I had applied this year, I would have been outright rejected.

papercranes: do you think this batch is rejections or acceptances?

DF 4/27

174/3.38
169/2.75
168/3.35
168/2.9

166/4.0
166/3.73
165/4.0
165/3.6
166/3.73
166/3.53

165/3.3

URM:
161/3.1
163/3.45 (sorta?)
160/3.6
161/4.0

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:23 pm

OneKnight wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
OneKnight wrote:If all are rejects, I am truly surprised that a 167/3.6+ virtually guarantees admission but a 166/anything is the kiss of death. Not exactly a sliding scale :|


your stats actually give me hope. they accepted a few 166/high GPA last year. but im sure they have other people with unique softs and near similar stats as ours who are still waiting.


Yeah, I actually went into this cycle thinking USC was a solid target school. My fear now is that this year they are trying to up their 25th %ile to 167. (which, if they did not raise their 75th, would give them a 167/167/167 for 25/50/75 :roll:)


haha i think its more likely that they raise their 75% to 168 and keep their 50% at 167 and whatever at 25%. 167 at 25% would be very difficult to achieve.

SaraLA
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby SaraLA » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Well, nothing in the mail today. Maybe tomorrow, unless I get an email (??) before that...

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:28 pm

SaraLA wrote:Well, nothing in the mail today. Maybe tomorrow, unless I get an email (??) before that...


lol sara, its way too early. the DF4/26 went DF actually on the 23rd and they get their mail yesterday. email took 3 days so yea.

P.S. your stats also give me hope on this batch with your 4.0! and you even got accepted to UCLA!
Last edited by finalaspects on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JolieSaraLee
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:34 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby JolieSaraLee » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:29 pm

But Loyola's deposit is due FRI! Ugh! Who has time to wait? Haha..

SaraLA
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby SaraLA » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:34 pm

finalaspects wrote:
SaraLA wrote:Well, nothing in the mail today. Maybe tomorrow, unless I get an email (??) before that...


lol sara, its way too early. the DF4/26 went DF actually on the 23rd and they get their mail yesterday. email took 3 days so yea.

P.S. your stats also give me hope on this batch with your 4.0! and you even got accepted to UCLA!


Well, I am 10 miles away from USC so I figured if they sent the letters on the same day as the DF, then I would get it... :) I hate suspense! Yeah, funny enough, it was theoretically easier for me to get accepted to USC than UCLA, but since it has taken so long for USC to come around, I have no idea what they are going to say at this point...!

txhorn
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby txhorn » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:36 pm

hellomoto wrote:Weird. I went from complete 1/20 to DF 4/27 without ever going into review.

I mean, I'm not an auto-admit, but to not even go into review...sigh.


Here's why it isn't an accept batch

madhatter01
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby madhatter01 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:38 pm

finalaspects wrote:DF 4/27

174/3.38
169/2.75
168/3.35
168/2.9

166/4.0
166/3.73
165/4.0
165/3.6
166/3.73
166/3.53

165/3.3

URM:
161/3.1
163/3.45 (sorta?)
160/3.6


It's suprising that some of these numbers may be straight up rejected and not waitlisted.. it's not like they have to be stingy with the wl and they've wled a lot of others with lower #s

papercranes
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:06 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby papercranes » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:41 pm

madhatter01 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:DF 4/27

174/3.38
169/2.75
168/3.35
168/2.9

166/4.0
166/3.73
165/4.0
165/3.6
166/3.73
166/3.53

165/3.3

URM:
161/3.1
163/3.45 (sorta?)
160/3.6


It's suprising that some of these numbers may be straight up rejected and not waitlisted.. it's not like they have to be stingy with the wl and they've wled a lot of others with lower #s



I would be really surprised if this was a reject batch. I know we like high gpas but wow. This year must have been super competitive

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:55 pm

txhorn wrote:
hellomoto wrote:Weird. I went from complete 1/20 to DF 4/27 without ever going into review.

I mean, I'm not an auto-admit, but to not even go into review...sigh.


Here's why it isn't an accept batch


hmm well you are right in that previously those who skipped review were rejected. but those who were skipped also landed on waitlists before but most were rejections. but also those who were only in review for 2-3 days were rejected as well. (not sure if anyone who had a short review was ever accepted)

but like everyone said it would be surprising for it all to be rejections, looking at the stats alone.... including your GPA txhorn since you are above their 75% in GPA...

Sean1269
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Sean1269 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:00 pm

In review 4/28 after going complete mid-january. 166 & 3.5, decent softs. talk about a reach school

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby jman77 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:07 pm

After all the movement in recent days, I am still at IR 3/26. I can only hope that I am in some type of "hold" status pending movement on or before the deposit deadline.

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Matteliszt » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:07 pm

My guess is that it is a mixed batch because its the last big batch.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:10 pm

Matteliszt wrote:My guess is that it is a mixed batch because its the last big batch.


last year even at the end it was all batches. batches of rejections but batches nonetheless. for the waitlists though its not in batches since they accept individually based on seats. and someone did email USC before and they stated that it is all in batches.

User avatar
OneKnight
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby OneKnight » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:17 pm

...as the waves of optimism and pessimism continue to roll in...

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:20 pm

OneKnight wrote:...as the waves of optimism and pessimism continue to roll in...


im just staring at my list of the DFers... thinking it can't be rejections but probably is... sigh

and i need to wait a couple of days at least to find out... :(

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:26 pm

anyone who went into review on 4/23 still in review and not go DF?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests