USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hoyasaxon
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:50 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby hoyasaxon » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:31 pm

DF today; how exact is the "science of the fees/deposit box?" meaning, if my status check says DF and the box with fees/deposits due is still empty, I can assume its a rejection, correct?

2013esq
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:12 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby 2013esq » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:32 pm

ENGINEERD wrote:
2013esq wrote:Waitlisted via snail mail today. Applied in November.


Did your status update to waitlist or does it just say DR??

EDIT: I have no idea how to put together a sentence


My status checker now says Waitlist Updated 4/15. I got the waitlist letter 4/19 and I'm in Northern CA. I'm not sure when it changed. I have stopped checking obsessively and hadn't look at it for over a week.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:34 pm

hoyasaxon wrote:DF today; how exact is the "science of the fees/deposit box?" meaning, if my status check says DF and the box with fees/deposits due is still empty, I can assume its a rejection, correct?


whats your stats?

proconlist
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby proconlist » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:36 pm

goletasb wrote:DF as of today, file complete 2/2, IR 4/9

Anyone else go DF today?


I just went DF. I was 'In Review' for just one day (4/19) and complete in mid-January... not feelin' too good about this one.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:38 pm

Decision Finalized today.

Here comes my first reject!!!!!!!!!!

And don't bother asking for stats. All I'll say is it was a hail-mary, please have mercy on my old dumb ass who is interested in public juvenile defense. Meh.... hopefully they got a few lulz from my feeble attempt.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:39 pm

no one has posted their stats from those who went DF today. we can't tell otherwise....

User avatar
meddlingkid
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby meddlingkid » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:Decision Finalized today.

Here comes my first reject!!!!!!!!!!

And don't bother asking for stats. All I'll say is it was a hail-mary, please have mercy on my old dumb ass who is interested in public juvenile defense. Meh.... hopefully they got a few lulz from my feeble attempt.


Haha, well at least you'll know. I, however, am still IN REVIEW.

User avatar
motedust
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby motedust » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:42 pm

Fudge. 3.0/168 still IR 3/26. I didn't write a diversity statement and I am bi-racial (indonesian/white american) born in singapore with a good story. Think I should wait for the inevitable WL to send one in? Or send one in ASAP?

proconlist
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby proconlist » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:43 pm

finalaspects wrote:no one has posted their stats from those who went DF today. we can't tell otherwise....


163/3.6

Don't know how seriously USC takes softs/recs- I am strong on that front.

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby cardinalandgold » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:44 pm

Still in review as of 3/16. USC is the only school I am waiting to hear back from.

goletasb
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby goletasb » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:45 pm

finalaspects wrote:
goletasb wrote:DF as of today, file complete 2/2, IR 4/9

Anyone else go DF today?


what's your stats?


From the website:
Current Status: Decision Finalized
Current Status Date: 4/20/2010

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:47 pm

proconlist wrote:
finalaspects wrote:no one has posted their stats from those who went DF today. we can't tell otherwise....


163/3.6

Don't know how seriously USC takes softs/recs- I am strong on that front.


when did you apply? i applied in oct and im still in-review to this date. my softs are good, but my numbers are in the reject category. 168/2.x. hoping they're keeping me waiting to accept me though....

proconlist
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby proconlist » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:49 pm

finalaspects wrote:
proconlist wrote:
finalaspects wrote:no one has posted their stats from those who went DF today. we can't tell otherwise....


163/3.6

Don't know how seriously USC takes softs/recs- I am strong on that front.


when did you apply? i applied in oct and im still in-review to this date. my softs are good, but my numbers are in the reject category. 168/2.x. hoping they're keeping me waiting to accept me though....


I applied end of December. Had pretty much forgotten about USC due to being 'Complete' for three months. It's completely a stretch school, so I am not expecting an acceptance.

User avatar
unknownscholar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby unknownscholar » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:49 pm

lol.. wow I get out of class and so much activity.

I'm below the 25s on both fronts folks, and I have indeed finally gone to DF.

So there you have it:-)

yes yes yes! 8) 8) 8)


final....turkeykid...and the rest, best of luck to you! Be sure to let me know if you get that golden ticket, so I can share in your glory! :lol: :lol:

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:52 pm

unknownscholar wrote:lol.. wow I get out of class and so much activity.

I'm below the 25s on both fronts folks, and I have indeed finally gone to DF.

So there you have it:-)

yes yes yes! 8) 8) 8)


final....turkeykid...and the rest, best of luck to you! Be sure to let me know if you get that golden ticket, so I can share in your glory! :lol: :lol:


do you feel lucky about this DF? it might be all the softs acceptances....

goletasb
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby goletasb » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:57 pm

Oh, I should have posted some numbers:

BS from Georgia Tech in mechanical engineering: 3.31
MS from UCLA in mechanical engineering: 3.79

161 LSAT, really good letters, and a lot of research/work experience (applied with patent law in mind)

User avatar
unknownscholar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby unknownscholar » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:58 pm

finalaspects wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:lol.. wow I get out of class and so much activity.

I'm below the 25s on both fronts folks, and I have indeed finally gone to DF.

So there you have it:-)

yes yes yes! 8) 8) 8)


final....turkeykid...and the rest, best of luck to you! Be sure to let me know if you get that golden ticket, so I can share in your glory! :lol: :lol:


do you feel lucky about this DF? it might be all the softs acceptances....


lol.. nah not at all. fwiw, I'm usually the one that learns the long hard lesson. never got by on luck. Though everything always seems to work out pretty well in the end.
I'm just glad it isn't a w/l. you were def right about that.

dc_lady225
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby dc_lady225 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:07 pm

YIKES, I'm DF 4/20 also. I'm a little concerned about this one...


Edited for privacy's sake :)
Last edited by dc_lady225 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
unknownscholar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby unknownscholar » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:12 pm

dc_lady225 wrote:YIKES, I'm DF 4/20 also. I'm a little concerned about this one...

161 LSAT, ~3.8 GPA
Masters degree
Two years of work experience + strong internships

AH! Good luck everyone!


lol...the funny thing is, if I were to have an alternate screen name, it would be yours. for a couple or reasons completely irrelevant to this thread. hah.

In any case, im pretty surprised by all the masters degrees. interesting. I'm in that group too.

User avatar
OneKnight
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby OneKnight » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:17 pm

No DF for me (and I have an M.A. so there goes that theory! :P)
Still IR 3/16

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby jman77 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:23 pm

OneKnight wrote:No DF for me (and I have an M.A. so there goes that theory! :P)
Still IR 3/16


Still IR 3/26. I also have an MBA and about 10 years WE.

Cale39
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Cale39 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:24 pm

just went DF today (4/20)

User avatar
unknownscholar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby unknownscholar » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:33 pm

don't presume too much, guys. there's nothing wrong with the possibility of another round of batches to come out later down the line. This is just one batch with several nontraditionals that happen to post on TLS. lol no big deal. I'm not trying to pull you in, no worries. 8)

jdhopeful2010
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby jdhopeful2010 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:09 pm

hey guys! hate to be Debbie Downer here but looking at LSN this batch last year had similar numbers and were all dings. :( sucks, because I am a 4/20 DF too...

User avatar
OneKnight
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby OneKnight » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:13 pm

jdhopeful2010 wrote:hey guys! hate to be Debbie Downer here but looking at LSN this batch last year had similar numbers and were all dings. :( sucks, because I am a 4/20 DF too...


Heh, going by last year the last acceptances came in early April so everyone still waiting is screwed!
That said, maybe this year will play out a bit differently?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”