USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:48 pm

unknownscholar wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

back in review today.


complete in November. IR 1/22. IR 4/19. Here we go. finally. it's about to end.

by the way: it's a reach by the numbers if you're curious.


welcome to my world of 2 in review dates. although since my 2nd one i haven't heard anything back and its been over 2 months... :cry:

papercranes
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:06 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby papercranes » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:54 pm

<--- USC 2L

there is no "dress code" implied or otherwise at school. Haha. Especially with it being finals time, most of us are in sweats.

Also, who taught the crim/property mock class? Griffith teach crim? I <3 Griffith.

User avatar
unknownscholar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby unknownscholar » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:58 pm

finalaspects wrote:
unknownscholar wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

back in review today.


complete in November. IR 1/22. IR 4/19. Here we go. finally. it's about to end.

by the way: it's a reach by the numbers if you're curious.


welcome to my world of 2 in review dates. although since my 2nd one i haven't heard anything back and its been over 2 months... :cry:


given the lateness of the cycle, I don't anticipate being in there for 2 more months. I'd actually be surprised if the decision wasn't made before May 1.

what's the relevance of multiple review dates anyhow? at gulc I went into 3 before DR. the last 2 review dates there came 2 days before the decision. 8)

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:04 pm

unknownscholar wrote:given the lateness of the cycle, I don't anticipate being in there for 2 more months. I'd actually be surprised if the decision wasn't made before May 1.

what's the relevance of multiple review dates anyhow? at gulc I went into 3 before DR. the last 2 review dates there came 2 days before the decision. 8)


actually i would be surprised if the decision was made before May 1st. guessing they're holding on to us until after they see who submits deposits. this is going under the assumption that they like us, but our stats aren't good enough unless they already secured their medians which they will find out on May 1st.

The relevance depends on the school. some schools do multiple in-reviews and they mean something but USC usually gives one in-review then decision. so i don't know what it means to USC.

ENGINEERD
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ENGINEERD » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:18 pm

finalaspects wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:given the lateness of the cycle, I don't anticipate being in there for 2 more months. I'd actually be surprised if the decision wasn't made before May 1.

what's the relevance of multiple review dates anyhow? at gulc I went into 3 before DR. the last 2 review dates there came 2 days before the decision. 8)


actually i would be surprised if the decision was made before May 1st. guessing they're holding on to us until after they see who submits deposits. this is going under the assumption that they like us, but our stats aren't good enough unless they already secured their medians which they will find out on May 1st.

The relevance depends on the school. some schools do multiple in-reviews and they mean something but USC usually gives one in-review then decision. so i don't know what it means to USC.


I hope that is the case. USC is by far my first choice! Hopefully they secure those medians!

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:19 pm

ENGINEERD wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:given the lateness of the cycle, I don't anticipate being in there for 2 more months. I'd actually be surprised if the decision wasn't made before May 1.

what's the relevance of multiple review dates anyhow? at gulc I went into 3 before DR. the last 2 review dates there came 2 days before the decision. 8)


actually i would be surprised if the decision was made before May 1st. guessing they're holding on to us until after they see who submits deposits. this is going under the assumption that they like us, but our stats aren't good enough unless they already secured their medians which they will find out on May 1st.

The relevance depends on the school. some schools do multiple in-reviews and they mean something but USC usually gives one in-review then decision. so i don't know what it means to USC.


I hope that is the case. USC is by far my first choice! Hopefully they secure those medians!


what are your stats and when did you apply? and what is your first IR date? you can PM if you don't want to share publicly.

i think those who applied before november, and was in review at least 2 months should be in this category... if the category exists at all.

guacamolation
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby guacamolation » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:22 pm

papercranes wrote:<--- USC 2L

there is no "dress code" implied or otherwise at school. Haha. Especially with it being finals time, most of us are in sweats.

Also, who taught the crim/property mock class? Griffith teach crim? I <3 Griffith.


Altman taught Property. It was a shortish one though, since he started a little late and finished 10 min early. Either he was expecting more interaction or he was rushing to make a 2:30 mtg he said he had. Guess I should have jumped alphabetical ship and gone to the other.

ENGINEERD
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ENGINEERD » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:24 pm

finalaspects wrote:
ENGINEERD wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:given the lateness of the cycle, I don't anticipate being in there for 2 more months. I'd actually be surprised if the decision wasn't made before May 1.

what's the relevance of multiple review dates anyhow? at gulc I went into 3 before DR. the last 2 review dates there came 2 days before the decision. 8)


actually i would be surprised if the decision was made before May 1st. guessing they're holding on to us until after they see who submits deposits. this is going under the assumption that they like us, but our stats aren't good enough unless they already secured their medians which they will find out on May 1st.

The relevance depends on the school. some schools do multiple in-reviews and they mean something but USC usually gives one in-review then decision. so i don't know what it means to USC.


I hope that is the case. USC is by far my first choice! Hopefully they secure those medians!


what are your stats and when did you apply? and what is your first IR date? you can PM if you don't want to share publicly.

i think those who applied before november, and was in review at least 2 months should be in this category... if the category exists at all.


167/3.2 and IR 3/26... My GPA is really low for USC but I'm hoping for a WL!! Sent a few too many LOCI's so I'm sure they are aware its my first choice

guacamolation
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby guacamolation » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:26 pm

Also, fwiw, i was sitting with Dean Reid & she mentioned that she was down 2 staff members this whole cycle due to maternity leave & some other thing I cant remember. that may help explain how sloooowly they've been moving and the multiple IRs - they didnt get to them when they thought they would & kept re-upping the batch date.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:27 pm

ENGINEERD wrote:167/3.2 and IR 3/26... My GPA is really low for USC but I'm hoping for a WL!! Sent a few too many LOCI's so I'm sure they are aware its my first choice


your in-review date is really late. when did you apply? my GPA is lower than yours but i have a 168 LSAT.

User avatar
unknownscholar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby unknownscholar » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:32 pm

guacamolation wrote:Also, fwiw, i was sitting with Dean Reid & she mentioned that she was down 2 staff members this whole cycle due to maternity leave & some other thing I cant remember. that may help explain how sloooowly they've been moving and the multiple IRs - they didnt get to them when they thought they would & kept re-upping the batch date.



oh..so they hadnt even looked at it once? okay.

hadnt thought about that, but its a little confusing because people who submitted later got answers way before me. and final.. and the guy who loves turkey...etc. Seems unusual that they would keep looking at newer apps and dissing the rest unless there was something interesting about the app, which would suggest someone looked at it.

also: they were pretty slow last season too as far as I can tell. Lots of decisions in April on LSN. I just figured they were thorough.

ENGINEERD
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ENGINEERD » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:34 pm

finalaspects wrote:
ENGINEERD wrote:167/3.2 and IR 3/26... My GPA is really low for USC but I'm hoping for a WL!! Sent a few too many LOCI's so I'm sure they are aware its my first choice


your in-review date is really late. when did you apply? my GPA is lower than yours but i have a 168 LSAT.


Ya I applied late... end of january I think?

User avatar
meddlingkid
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby meddlingkid » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:13 pm

unknownscholar wrote:oh..so they hadnt even looked at it once? okay.

hadnt thought about that, but its a little confusing because people who submitted later got answers way before me. and final.. and the guy who loves turkey...etc. Seems unusual that they would keep looking at newer apps and dissing the rest unless there was something interesting about the app, which would suggest someone looked at it.

also: they were pretty slow last season too as far as I can tell. Lots of decisions in April on LSN. I just figured they were thorough.


That made me laugh.

I'm still waiting, BTW. In Review since 1/22 and that's actually my second IR date. The first was 1/4 I think.

2013esq
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:12 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby 2013esq » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:25 pm

Waitlisted via snail mail today. Applied in November.

guacamolation
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby guacamolation » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:47 pm

unknownscholar wrote:
guacamolation wrote:Also, fwiw, i was sitting with Dean Reid & she mentioned that she was down 2 staff members this whole cycle due to maternity leave & some other thing I cant remember. that may help explain how sloooowly they've been moving and the multiple IRs - they didnt get to them when they thought they would & kept re-upping the batch date.



oh..so they hadnt even looked at it once? okay.

hadnt thought about that, but its a little confusing because people who submitted later got answers way before me. and final.. and the guy who loves turkey...etc. Seems unusual that they would keep looking at newer apps and dissing the rest unless there was something interesting about the app, which would suggest someone looked at it.

also: they were pretty slow last season too as far as I can tell. Lots of decisions in April on LSN. I just figured they were thorough.


she did say they read em at least twice, so maybe its the second reader holding you up? dunno.

ENGINEERD
Posts: 241
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ENGINEERD » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:55 pm

2013esq wrote:Waitlisted via snail mail today. Applied in November.


Did your status update to waitlist or does it just say DR??

EDIT: I have no idea how to put together a sentence

jstn1104
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:12 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby jstn1104 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:03 pm

I'm pretty sure they forgot about me :lol:

User avatar
unknownscholar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby unknownscholar » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:36 pm

guacamolation wrote:she did say they read em at least twice, so maybe its the second reader holding you up? dunno.


Possibly. I'm definitely not in the way of knowing why it's taking so long, but I think its competely reasonable speculation that they've looked at it once, put it to the side for later, and are getting back to it now.

However they do it is fine, as long as they reach a decision in this late stage. When enough time goes by, it makes you wonder if they ever will. This, coming from a Cornell applicant. :D So don't tease me too much, USC. go ahead, make the little leap to decision. Any decision will do. But an admit ticket may gain you some deposit money to play with...for keeps, just so I can have an excuse to visit Cali for the first time. 8)


and meddling...I enjoy looking at your 'tar... So much that I'm about to chump down on a turkey club. 8)

hellomoto
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby hellomoto » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:45 pm

So...still complete 1/20.

At this rate, they'll get to my file for the class of 2014.

automaticpilot
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 10:12 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby automaticpilot » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:40 am

hellomoto wrote:So...still complete 1/20.

At this rate, they'll get to my file for the class of 2014.


haha I'm in the same boat. It's been so long sometimes I've forgotten I even applied.

User avatar
burtonrideclub
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:10 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby burtonrideclub » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:23 am

automaticpilot wrote:
hellomoto wrote:So...still complete 1/20.

At this rate, they'll get to my file for the class of 2014.


haha I'm in the same boat. It's been so long sometimes I've forgotten I even applied.


11/23

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:35 am

burtonrideclub wrote:
automaticpilot wrote:
hellomoto wrote:So...still complete 1/20.

At this rate, they'll get to my file for the class of 2014.


haha I'm in the same boat. It's been so long sometimes I've forgotten I even applied.


11/23


Mid-Oct here....

User avatar
meddlingkid
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby meddlingkid » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:34 am

unknownscholar wrote:and meddling...I enjoy looking at your 'tar... So much that I'm about to chump down on a turkey club. 8)


turkey + bacon=YESSSS

goletasb
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby goletasb » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:09 pm

DF as of today, file complete 2/2, IR 4/9

Anyone else go DF today?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:16 pm

goletasb wrote:DF as of today, file complete 2/2, IR 4/9

Anyone else go DF today?


what's your stats?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”