USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Speluncean X

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Speluncean X » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:59 pm

Just out of curiosity, is it possible that--in addition to being splitters and/or borderline and/or below median numerical candidates--those in the "still under review after weeks/months" group are interesting to USC for some other legitimate [albeit atypical] reason? I'll go first: I returned to school after 12+ years as a record producer/engineer to pursue a career in entertainment law.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:00 pm

sibley wrote:
GermX wrote:Anyone tried e-mailing to get the decision, or calling?

I've given up on a positive result. let it take its time.

no sibley! don't give up. i have worse LSAT and GPA than you, so if you give up my hopes are just foolish.

and nice picture, is that you?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:02 pm

Speluncean X wrote:Just out of curiosity, is it possible that--in addition to being splitters and/or borderline and/or below median numerical candidates--those in the "still under review after weeks/months" group are interesting to USC for some other legitimate [albeit atypical] reason? I'll go first: I returned to school after 12+ years as a record producer/engineer to pursue a career in entertainment law.

what are your stats? edit: Never mind saw your profile.

jonnodotsg

Postby jonnodotsg » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:02 pm

Last edited by jonnodotsg on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:03 pm

Speluncean X wrote:Just out of curiosity, is it possible that--in addition to being splitters and/or borderline and/or below median numerical candidates--those in the "still under review after weeks/months" group are interesting to USC for some other legitimate [albeit atypical] reason? I'll go first: I returned to school after 12+ years as a record producer/engineer to pursue a career in entertainment law.

i'm in a fairly high level position in my company at an early age and been out of school for 3 years. (Almost VP level) and it wasn't even my major. i just learned it myself, while majoring in other fields.

that's all i can think of other then my splitter stats.

GermX

Postby GermX » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:05 pm

Anyone have the guts to try it now?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:07 pm

GermX wrote:Anyone have the guts to try it now?

lol just do it yourself man. you asked enough times already. go get some guts!

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:11 pm

finalaspects wrote:
GermX wrote:Anyone have the guts to try it now?

lol just do it yourself man. you asked enough times already. go get some guts!

what he said.

GermX

Postby GermX » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:15 pm

I'm a pussy. Someone else do it. lol

sibley

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:17 pm

GermX wrote:I'm a pussy. Someone else do it. lol

I already know it's a rejection so no need

GermX

Postby GermX » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:19 pm

How do you know that?

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:22 pm

USC admissions isn't answering their phone. I left a message. I've never called an admissions office to check my status, but with rapidly approaching deposit deadlines, now's a good time to start.

Speluncean X

Postby Speluncean X » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:22 pm

finalaspects wrote:

i'm in a fairly high level position in my company at an early age and been out of school for 3 years. (Almost VP level) and it wasn't even my major. i just learned it myself, while majoring in other fields.

That type of factor should carry some weight (provided it's not VP of breasts & thighs at Chick-Fil-A).

GermX

Postby GermX » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:32 pm

What's that about breasts and thighs? Reminds me of "Legally Blonde". Imagine it was that easy.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:33 pm

Speluncean X wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

That type of factor should carry some weight (provided it's not VP of breasts & thighs at Chick-Fil-A).

PMed you more details. it seems like most schools only care about stats though... and my GPA is definitely lacking. its below the invisible cutoffs at most schools.

Fast_Fingers

Postby Fast_Fingers » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:56 pm

3.1 169

And my parents worked there for 15 years. I'm also a D/F'er for quite a while now...the suspense is killing me (and us). Maybe it'll all come on Apr. 1st on the dot. Or they can keep playing us like marionettes.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:06 pm

Fast_Fingers wrote:3.1 169

And my parents worked there for 15 years. I'm also a D/F'er for quite a while now...the suspense is killing me (and us). Maybe it'll all come on Apr. 1st on the dot. Or they can keep playing us like marionettes.

what do you mean you've been a D/Fer for quite a while? whens your D/F date?

i thought other then today's D/F date that everyone previous has found out already.

Fast_Fingers

Postby Fast_Fingers » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:17 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Fast_Fingers wrote:3.1 169

what do you mean you've been a D/Fer for quite a while? whens your D/F date?

i thought other then today's D/F date that everyone previous has found out already.

To me, quite a while means hours (so yes, 3/31...and they received my app on 1/4). I was a bit careless with words.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:19 pm

there's nothing particularly special about me... I think it's a massive auto-reject pile

I hope I'm wrong

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:22 pm

Borhas wrote:

there's nothing particularly special about me... I think it's a massive auto-reject pile

I hope I'm wrong

when did you go complete? and how long have you been in review?

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:24 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Borhas wrote:

I hope I'm wrong

complete: mid January
review: March 28-29?
DF: today

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:26 pm

Borhas wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
Borhas wrote:

I hope I'm wrong

complete: mid January
review: March 28-29?
DF: today

oh ok. speluncean x was talking about those who have been in review for a longggg time. we're not DF yet. but you sure went to DF quickly from review... ive been in review since janurary....

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:31 pm

I see, that could be a different story entirely then

good luck to you guys

dvd

Postby dvd » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:53 pm

`
Last edited by dvd on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xizenta

Postby Xizenta » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:04 pm

decision finalized JUST NOW.. how do I find out what it was?

I was only in review for one freaking day, I wonder what that could mean...

Edit*
I called USC admiss office and asked them if there was any way to find out... they said you have to wait for the letter in the mail.

They said letters are going out this friday.

I asked if the decisions are mixed based on whether or not accepted, rejected, or waitlisted - she laughed and said that they are grouped... so, hope we can figure out asap whether this friday's batch is in or out? :shock:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”