USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
J Burrito
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby J Burrito » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:36 pm

Finally In Review today after going complete 1/16. I don't understand why it's taken so long. Best of luck to everyone!

User avatar
Xizenta
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Xizenta » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:50 pm

How long has "in review" typically taken for you guys?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:51 pm

Xizenta wrote:How long has "in review" typically taken for you guys?


been about 2 months and 3 weeks for me without a decision...

User avatar
J Burrito
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby J Burrito » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:52 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Xizenta wrote:How long has "in review" typically taken for you guys?


been about 2 months and 3 weeks for me without a decision...

Perfect, I should know by July!

User avatar
afghan007
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby afghan007 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:54 pm

Xizenta wrote:How long has "in review" typically taken for you guys?


went complete 2/4.. not sure when "in review" showed up on status checker... got Decision Finalized 3/9

User avatar
Xizenta
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Xizenta » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:55 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Xizenta wrote:How long has "in review" typically taken for you guys?


been about 2 months and 3 weeks for me without a decision...


What the eff? You've been "in review" that whole time? or just complete?

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Xizenta wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
Xizenta wrote:How long has "in review" typically taken for you guys?


been about 2 months and 3 weeks for me without a decision...


What the eff? You've been "in review" that whole time? or just complete?


i've been complete for over 5 months... 2 months and 3 weeks as in review... but that was my first in review date and i got a second in review date a month later...

but i guess i'm a unique case. splitter with over 75% lsat and much lower than the 25% gpa. a lot of people with stats like mine and even better have been rejected already. they're just torturing me probably only to reject me so yea... i'm special like that

User avatar
LizBennet
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby LizBennet » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:17 pm

Xizenta wrote:How long has "in review" typically taken for you guys?


I was only "in review" for around 2 weeks after being complete for 2 months.

49erjo
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:01 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby 49erjo » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:43 pm

So, has anybody committed to attend yet?

jonnodotsg
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby jonnodotsg » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:47 pm

.
Last edited by jonnodotsg on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Speluncean X
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:29 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Speluncean X » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:57 pm

I feel your pain. My status has been "complete" since early November and "in review" since 3/17. Like others who seem to be waiting in USC pergatory, I am a numerical fence-sitter (above median LSAT and below median GPA) who is likely compelling for other [non-URM] reasons.

jonnodotsg
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby jonnodotsg » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:17 pm

.
Last edited by jonnodotsg on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rhapsodyinazul
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby rhapsodyinazul » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:43 pm

Withdrew today, sent $20k a year back in to the pot. Good luck all!

Speluncean X
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:29 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Speluncean X » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:57 am

jonnodotsg wrote:
Speluncean X wrote:I feel your pain. My status has been "complete" since early November and "in review" since 3/17. Like others who seem to be waiting in USC pergatory, I am a numerical fence-sitter (above median LSAT and below median GPA) who is likely compelling for other [non-URM] reasons.


We're actually both below USC's median LSAT of 167. In fact, we're so close to that notorious "wall-of-emptiness" on LSN that it's almost like they built that fence in our faces. :(

Edit: Correction, we ARE that "wall-of-emptiness." :'(


Well stated. I should take care to look at the most current statistics before making such claims. "Wall-of-emptiness" indeed...I had the feeling when receiving my results that a sub-168 score was dangerously middle-of-the-road for USC. That being said, I didn't think that they would avoid 166 like it had lice. I wish the best for whomever makes it through this last wave of decisions though. I would guess that right now the USC admissions persons are going to great lengths to evaluate those who remain holistically and in totality to the best of their abilities. Strangely, as frustrating as this long wait is, it is precisely because it is taking so long to make a decision that I will be satisfied that the decision they do reach gave my application due consideration.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:45 am

Speluncean X wrote:
jonnodotsg wrote:
Speluncean X wrote:I feel your pain. My status has been "complete" since early November and "in review" since 3/17. Like others who seem to be waiting in USC pergatory, I am a numerical fence-sitter (above median LSAT and below median GPA) who is likely compelling for other [non-URM] reasons.


We're actually both below USC's median LSAT of 167. In fact, we're so close to that notorious "wall-of-emptiness" on LSN that it's almost like they built that fence in our faces. :(

Edit: Correction, we ARE that "wall-of-emptiness." :'(


Well stated. I should take care to look at the most current statistics before making such claims. "Wall-of-emptiness" indeed...I had the feeling when receiving my results that a sub-168 score was dangerously middle-of-the-road for USC. That being said, I didn't think that they would avoid 166 like it had lice. I wish the best for whomever makes it through this last wave of decisions though. I would guess that right now the USC admissions persons are going to great lengths to evaluate those who remain holistically and in totality to the best of their abilities. Strangely, as frustrating as this long wait is, it is precisely because it is taking so long to make a decision that I will be satisfied that the decision they do reach gave my application due consideration.


yea 166... one more question would have put you guys over the edge... to USC 166 is probably the same thing as a 164 since both are below medians... but good luck!

as for the time... we don't know that they're taking long because they're giving us consideration, as opposed to losing our file or just forgetting about us.... 5 months is a long time to wait... and i would like a decision now.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:46 am

finalaspects wrote:
Speluncean X wrote:
jonnodotsg wrote:
Speluncean X wrote:I feel your pain. My status has been "complete" since early November and "in review" since 3/17. Like others who seem to be waiting in USC pergatory, I am a numerical fence-sitter (above median LSAT and below median GPA) who is likely compelling for other [non-URM] reasons.


We're actually both below USC's median LSAT of 167. In fact, we're so close to that notorious "wall-of-emptiness" on LSN that it's almost like they built that fence in our faces. :(

Edit: Correction, we ARE that "wall-of-emptiness." :'(


Well stated. I should take care to look at the most current statistics before making such claims. "Wall-of-emptiness" indeed...I had the feeling when receiving my results that a sub-168 score was dangerously middle-of-the-road for USC. That being said, I didn't think that they would avoid 166 like it had lice. I wish the best for whomever makes it through this last wave of decisions though. I would guess that right now the USC admissions persons are going to great lengths to evaluate those who remain holistically and in totality to the best of their abilities. Strangely, as frustrating as this long wait is, it is precisely because it is taking so long to make a decision that I will be satisfied that the decision they do reach gave my application due consideration.


yea 166... one more question would have put you guys over the edge... to USC 166 is probably the same thing as a 164 since both are below medians... but good luck!

as for the time... we don't know that they're taking long because they're giving us consideration, as opposed to losing our file or just forgetting about us.... 5 months is a long time to wait... and i would like a decision now.


They don't seem to give a flying duck that we have deposits due the 1st, the 15th, etc.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:48 am

sibley wrote:They don't seem to give a flying duck that we have deposits due the 1st, the 15th, etc.


ironically i can't complain about this.... because well my cycle sucks.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:52 am

finalaspects wrote:
sibley wrote:They don't seem to give a flying duck that we have deposits due the 1st, the 15th, etc.


ironically i can't complain about this.... because well my cycle sucks.


mine's been ridiculous as well. I'm sure you heard about my georgetown catastrophe... flat our reject, everyone else with my numbers in or special preferred waitlist... someone with my lsat and a worse gpa waitlisted today too. bs.

the rest of my oddness is due to being a splitter, though.

User avatar
philosoraptor
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby philosoraptor » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:13 am

Speluncean X wrote:I would guess that right now the USC admissions persons are going to great lengths to evaluate those who remain holistically and in totality to the best of their abilities. Strangely, as frustrating as this long wait is, it is precisely because it is taking so long to make a decision that I will be satisfied that the decision they do reach gave my application due consideration.
Um, yeah. This might be true for those who have been in review for months, but for those of us who have been complete since the beginning of the cycle, it implies the exact opposite: that they put us into the purgatory category based on our numbers alone. Presumably, they have no idea what we would bring to USC beyond data points. Granted, they know more than I about how to put together a class, but considering I've already gotten into a higher-ranked school where I was below both medians, instead of just one, I'd sure love the chance to be evaluated fairly. Instead, they've given me a de facto WL without even taking 15 damn minutes to read my file. To me, that doesn't exactly scream "holistic process."

Simple curiosity and the fact that I have nothing to lose are the only things keeping me from withdrawing.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:14 am

philosoraptor wrote:
Speluncean X wrote:I would guess that right now the USC admissions persons are going to great lengths to evaluate those who remain holistically and in totality to the best of their abilities. Strangely, as frustrating as this long wait is, it is precisely because it is taking so long to make a decision that I will be satisfied that the decision they do reach gave my application due consideration.
Um, yeah. This might be true for those who have been in review for months, but for those of us who have been complete since the beginning of the cycle, it implies the exact opposite: that they put us into the purgatory category based on our numbers alone. Presumably, they have no idea what we would bring to USC beyond data points. Granted, they know more than I about how to put together a class, but considering I've already gotten into a higher-ranked school where I was below both medians, instead of just one, I'd sure love the chance to be evaluated fairly. Instead, they've given me a de facto WL without even taking 15 damn minutes to read my file. To me, that doesn't exactly scream "holistic process."

Simple curiosity and the fact that I have nothing to lose are the only things keeping me from withdrawing.


+1. I want my deposit back. if they didn't review my application they don't need it. that was the deal. I give you some cash, you look at my app.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:31 am

philosoraptor wrote:
Speluncean X wrote:I would guess that right now the USC admissions persons are going to great lengths to evaluate those who remain holistically and in totality to the best of their abilities. Strangely, as frustrating as this long wait is, it is precisely because it is taking so long to make a decision that I will be satisfied that the decision they do reach gave my application due consideration.
Um, yeah. This might be true for those who have been in review for months, but for those of us who have been complete since the beginning of the cycle, it implies the exact opposite: that they put us into the purgatory category based on our numbers alone. Presumably, they have no idea what we would bring to USC beyond data points. Granted, they know more than I about how to put together a class, but considering I've already gotten into a higher-ranked school where I was below both medians, instead of just one, I'd sure love the chance to be evaluated fairly. Instead, they've given me a de facto WL without even taking 15 damn minutes to read my file. To me, that doesn't exactly scream "holistic process."

Simple curiosity and the fact that I have nothing to lose are the only things keeping me from withdrawing.


you have 166 which is where the wall is. otherwise im sure you would have gotten accepted.

and i have been in review for almost 2 months and 2-3 weeks but i absolutely do not think they are taking this long because they are "considering" me more. i have no idea what is causing the delay, but i will get rejected in time.

dcrlo3
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby dcrlo3 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:50 am

Any 3/9ers here word on $??

User avatar
david?
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby david? » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:28 pm

dcrlo3 wrote:Any 3/9ers here word on $??


3/9'er still no word on $$...But I called the Financial Aid office Friday of last week and was told the committee who will be making decisions on $$ would be meeting on Friday (march 26) and once a week in the coming weeks. The guy took my name and gave me specific information that I should receive something in the mail this week....as of yesterday nothing though.

User avatar
Dostoevsky
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:03 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Dostoevsky » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:31 pm

Is anyone going to the alumni and new student reception in San Francisco tomorrow?

User avatar
foxyeconomist
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby foxyeconomist » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:35 pm

david? wrote:
dcrlo3 wrote:Any 3/9ers here word on $??


3/9'er still no word on $$...But I called the Financial Aid office Friday of last week and was told the committee who will be making decisions on $$ would be meeting on Friday (march 26) and once a week in the coming weeks. The guy took my name and gave me specific information that I should receive something in the mail this week....as of yesterday nothing though.


me three. no word here. my hastings scholarship is going to evaporate tomorrow, so i'd love to know today if usc is going to offer me anything.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: funzies and 10 guests