USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jockin Jay-Z

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Jockin Jay-Z » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:53 pm

hykang wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
jj55 wrote:Right, but given that it's almost the first of April, if I wait two more weeks to go under review, and then stay under review for 11 weeks like you have, that puts my decision into the middle of the summer, which I highly doubt they would do. So I'm not looking at the same time frame as you at all.

what are your numbers? it seems like the people who have been waiting a long time have "reject" numbers but are non-traditional.

I have been waiting a long time, but I don't have reject numbers. My GPA is above median and my LSAT is well-above 75th.

You're not alone. I've been IR for almost two months with both numbers at or above 75th. I'm pretty hopeless now, but who knows?

Eddieb317

Postby Eddieb317 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:18 pm

daniel5215 wrote:finally went IR today after being complete since 1/7

Sweet! I went Complete 1/14. Hopefully I will go IR soon! I just had to send out seat deposits for two schools because I am still in the dark on USC and IU Bloomington... IU at least sent me a letter telling me to expect delays due to high application volumes.

hellogoodbye1

Postby hellogoodbye1 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:02 pm

sibley wrote:
hellogoodbye1 wrote:as of today, still complete! going to withdraw now..

you may as well stay in the running. doesn't hurt you any, and oftentimes when people withdraw they end up with decisions anyway...

i got an email confirming that they would withdraw my app.. i don't plan on going to usc anyway (already got into my top choice where i'd much rather go to), so i figure might as well withdraw.

luckyjd

Postby luckyjd » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:28 pm

finally IR after complete 1/19 or some time around there sigh

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:29 pm

luckyjd wrote:finally IR after complete 1/19 or some time around there sigh

anddd still complete 1/21 here. maybe later in the week, then.

eru2

Postby eru2 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:32 pm

finally in review after being complete 11/1. it says i was in review 3/26 but i definitely looked saturday and it still said complete.

my guess is it won't be good news.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:33 pm

eru2 wrote:finally in review after being complete 11/1. it says i was in review 3/26 but i definitely looked saturday and it still said complete.

think they'll refund my fee if I withdraw? I mean I have deposits due on Thursday

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:34 pm

For the love of God, I am still complete from October. It's one thing for NYU to do this to me - they don't even have a checker, so I could've been looked at multiple times. But I know you haven't even considered me in even the most meaningless way yet.

I have to make money decisions at some schools with April deadlines, so I'm going to have to just withdraw pretty soon if there's no action...

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:37 pm

Lermontov wrote:For the love of God, I am still complete from October. It's one thing for NYU to do this to me - they don't even have a checker, so I could've been looked at multiple times. But I know you haven't even considered me in even the most meaningless way yet.

I have to make money decisions at some schools with April deadlines, so I'm going to have to just withdraw pretty soon if there's no action...

wow... and i thought i had it bad... at least i went into review twice but still no decision. i'm with you on being complete since oct though. whats your GPA? i know you have great LSAT, but are you a splitter?

eru2

Postby eru2 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:40 pm

sibley wrote:
eru2 wrote:finally in review after being complete 11/1. it says i was in review 3/26 but i definitely looked saturday and it still said complete.

think they'll refund my fee if I withdraw? I mean I have deposits due on Thursday

my guess is no. they really dont seem to care about us much at all at this point.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:53 pm

eru2 wrote:
sibley wrote:

my guess is no. they really dont seem to care about us much at all at this point.

they emailed me back. try to get most offers out by april 1, all out by may 1.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:06 pm

hope I'm in the April1 batch.

week 10 IR :lol:

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:12 pm

unknownscholar wrote:hope I'm in the April1 batch.

I hope you are too. if they keep you around they'll NEVER get to me. no IR =(.. week 9.5 at complete
honestly not looking good for either one of us, though.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:24 pm

sibley wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:hope I'm in the April1 batch.

I hope you are too. if they keep you around they'll NEVER get to me. no IR =(.. week 9.5 at complete
honestly not looking good for either one of us, though.

well they have rejected the people they already wanted to, but i guess not going into review yet would mean you weren't considered yet.

I was complete for about 12 weeks before going into my first review so its not too bad. but i've been in review for another 10-12 weeks or so without any decision... i have auto reject numbers pretty much except my 168 LSAT so i don't know what they're doing... they have rejected so many better splitters than me already...

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Lermontov wrote:For the love of God, I am still complete from October. It's one thing for NYU to do this to me - they don't even have a checker, so I could've been looked at multiple times. But I know you haven't even considered me in even the most meaningless way yet.

+1, still complete 10/22. 166 plus high GPA is still pretty much a DMZ on the LSN graph.

jonnodotsg

Postby jonnodotsg » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:42 pm

Last edited by jonnodotsg on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:43 pm

jonnodotsg wrote:
philosoraptor wrote:

+1, still complete 10/22. 166 plus high GPA is still pretty much a DMZ on the LSN graph.

What's a DMZ?

I guess deny miserably

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:43 pm

jonnodotsg wrote:
philosoraptor wrote:

What's a DMZ?

de-militarized zone. he was just joking that a line exists between 166/167 (167 being the median of USC) that can't be crossed. its true though...

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:32 pm

finalaspects wrote:

wow... and i thought i had it bad... at least i went into review twice but still no decision. i'm with you on being complete since oct though. whats your GPA? i know you have great LSAT, but are you a splitter?

I'm a splitter, but it's not like my GPA is awful. I believe I still beat their 25th (and really have no idea what the median is). And I'm a native son, which you'd think would help somewhat in at least getting a peek.

sibley

Postby sibley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:34 pm

Lermontov wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

I'm a splitter, but it's not like my GPA is awful. I believe I still beat their 25th (and really have no idea what the median is). And I'm a native son, which you'd think would help somewhat in at least getting a peek.

trying to decide if native son means you're indian or you went there for undergrad or something

Lermontov

Postby Lermontov » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:43 pm

sibley wrote:
Lermontov wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

trying to decide if native son means you're indian or you went there for undergrad or something

Haha, no. It just means my family and growing up were all relatively local even if I currently live elsewhere, which I thought would take care of any concerns they might have that I might not attend just because of location.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:47 pm

Lermontov wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

i think being from CA does give you a little advantage but numbers wise not so much. as long as you have over a 168 i don't think it matters how high your LSAT is to USC. since their 75% was 167 last year, if they want to increase it 180 would be the same thing as 168.

but since your GPA is over the 25% and you're from CA, maybe they're holding to you to see if they need LSAT splitters just like a lot of us. (you should get accepted over me though, but that's not saying much since i'll get rejected)

GermX

Postby GermX » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:07 pm

Finally in review today. Hopefully I get an acceptance, this is my final CA holdout otherwise I'm heading east.

Xizenta

Postby Xizenta » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:54 pm

In review today.
App sent in 1/05. Complete 3/05 or so... February LSAT :|

173/3.2 - Fingers are crossed but I know a waitlist is inevitable... even though my LOR is from a USC law alum.

gobears09

Postby gobears09 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:15 pm

Xizenta wrote:In review today.
App sent in 1/05. Complete 3/05 or so... February LSAT :|

173/3.2 - Fingers are crossed but I know a waitlist is inevitable... even though my LOR is from a USC law alum.

I wonder what their method or reasoning is to this going IR business.... I have same #s and applied around the same time, still "Complete 1/26" for me though.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”