USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
finalaspects

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:07 pm

unknownscholar wrote:today will end week 9 IR. lol. wonderful.

have you had 1 or 2 in review dates? from my first in review date i've reached end of 11th week...

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:10 pm

finalaspects wrote:

have you had 1 or 2 in review dates? from my first in review date i've reached end of 11th week...

1. I haven't moved since 1/22.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:11 pm

unknownscholar wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

im just waiting to get rejected... heavy splitter here...

amichig

Postby amichig » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:15 pm

unknownscholar wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Feel your pain, haven't moved since 1/29. Please let me in!

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:20 pm

finalaspects wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

im just waiting to get rejected... heavy splitter here...

well see, this is why it's unusual in my case. Im below 25 on both numbers, though I'm somewhat nontrad. 3+ yrs of WE, and grad school. ding should have come much earlier. But I think they've had more than enough time to make an adequate decision. and I'll be satisfied with any.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:25 pm

unknownscholar wrote:
well see, this is why it's unusual in my case. Im below 25 on both numbers, though I'm somewhat nontrad. 3+ yrs of WE, and grad school. ding should have come much earlier. But I think they've had more than enough time to make an adequate decision. and I'll be satisfied with any.

i'm unusual as well. i'm over 75% in LSAT but way below 25% in GPA. i also have 3 years of WE. people with better stats than i were rejected a while back as well so im wondering what's taking them so long with my app. at this point im with you on wanting any decision...

meddlingkid

Postby meddlingkid » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:27 pm

unknownscholar wrote:well see, this is why it's unusual in my case. Im below 25 on both numbers, though I'm somewhat nontrad. 3+ yrs of WE, and grad school. ding should have come much earlier. But I think they've had more than enough time to make an adequate decision. and I'll be satisfied with any.

This almost my exact situation, except I've been out of undergrad for almost 6 years. Oh and major +1 on the decision...

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:31 pm

lol.. so now we know what's taking so long. we have unusual stats/apps. here's to hoping one of us gets in, attends, and represents well for the rest of us.

I'm willing to share the glory of someone else's acceptance. I'm cool like that. 8)

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:32 pm

unknownscholar wrote:lol.. so now we know what's taking so long. we have unusual stats/apps. here's to hoping one of us gets in, attends, and represents well for the rest of us.

I'm willing to share the glory of someone else's acceptance. I'm cool like that. 8)

but there were so many other people with similar stats as ours and they got rejected long ago.... i don't necessarily think of this as a good sign, because USC will start their mass rejections soon. (april)
Last edited by finalaspects on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JolieSaraLee

Postby JolieSaraLee » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:33 pm

unknownscholar wrote:lol.. so now we know what's taking so long. we have unusual stats/apps. here's to hoping one of us gets in, attends, and represents well for the rest of us.

Seriously I've been under review since 1/29. If USC wants to reject me they need to do it already cuz I'm still clinging to a bit of hope :cry: I hope they don't though.

jj55

Postby jj55 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:34 pm

At least you're under review. I'm still stuck at "Complete" for the tenth week or so.

gobears09

Postby gobears09 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:35 pm

jj55 wrote:

At least you're under review. I'm still stuck at "Complete" for the tenth week or so.

2 months at complete... USC will be my last decision, if they ever make it

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:36 pm

jj55 wrote:

um you haven't been waiting that long at all... it took me over almost 12 weeks to even go from complete to review, and im on my 11th week at under review. so almost 24 weeks total.

ViP

Postby ViP » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:37 pm

I don't have unusual stats/app and yet I've been "complete" for over 1/3 of a year.

But I'm down if you want to celebrate my pending acceptance (here's hoping) :D .

Honestly, though. Given that USC isn't a school that freely distributes waitlist offers, I think it's safe to say that our apps are simply borderline. If USC were a school that waitlisted plenty of people, then I would be very worried.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:38 pm

finalaspects wrote:

but there were so many other people with similar stats as our and they got rejected long ago.... i don't necessarily think of this as a good sign, because USC will start their mass rejections soon. (april)

maybe a low ranked seat on the waitlist? It would certainly not be my first in this range of schools. I'm sitting on 3 and a reserve.

edit: sorry vip I missed yours. when did you go complete?

also, if it helps, complete on 11/16 ---> 1/22 IR ------> _?_
Last edited by unknownscholar on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meddlingkid

Postby meddlingkid » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:38 pm

Haha, deal. Plus we've both been in review since 1/22. It's some sort of terrible Battle Royale of the non traditional applicants.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:42 pm

unknownscholar wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

but there were so many other people with similar stats as our and they got rejected long ago.... i don't necessarily think of this as a good sign, because USC will start their mass rejections soon. (april)

maybe a low ranked seat on the waitlist? It would certainly not be my first in this range of schools. I'm sitting on 3 and a reserve.

hmm im sitting on 3 waitlists as well, but willing to drop all of them for usc..

xokel87

Postby xokel87 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:53 pm

finalaspects wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

hmm im sitting on 3 waitlists as well, but willing to drop all of them for usc..

7 waitlists. IR at USC since 1/29.. hoping to hear soon..

jj55

Postby jj55 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:56 pm

finalaspects wrote:
jj55 wrote:

um you haven't been waiting that long at all... it took me over almost 12 weeks to even go from complete to review, and im on my 11th week at under review. so almost 24 weeks total.

Right, but given that it's almost the first of April, if I wait two more weeks to go under review, and then stay under review for 11 weeks like you have, that puts my decision into the middle of the summer, which I highly doubt they would do. So I'm not looking at the same time frame as you at all.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:00 pm

jj55 wrote:Right, but given that it's almost the first of April, if I wait two more weeks to go under review, and then stay under review for 11 weeks like you have, that puts my decision into the middle of the summer, which I highly doubt they would do. So I'm not looking at the same time frame as you at all.

what are your numbers? it seems like the people who have been waiting a long time have "reject" numbers but are non-traditional.

madhatter01

Postby madhatter01 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:20 pm

finalaspects wrote:
jj55 wrote:Right, but given that it's almost the first of April, if I wait two more weeks to go under review, and then stay under review for 11 weeks like you have, that puts my decision into the middle of the summer, which I highly doubt they would do. So I'm not looking at the same time frame as you at all.

what are your numbers? it seems like the people who have been waiting a long time have "reject" numbers but are non-traditional.

I've been waiting a very long time. I'm a traditional applicant and I don't think I have "reject" numbers.

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:20 pm

just curious...has anyone tried making them aware of upcoming deadlines you may have? this is especially risky below medians with one foot outside the door anyhow (and I'm not planning on it), but would be interested to hear what was said if you did.

madhatter01

Postby madhatter01 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:23 pm

unknownscholar wrote:just curious...has anyone tried making them aware of upcoming deadlines you may have? this is especially risky below medians with one foot outside the door anyhow (and I'm not planning on it), but would be interested to hear what was said if you did.

I'm too afraid of annoying the wrong people and I doubt it would do any good.

I'll call if I remain complete for half a year : P

vroomzoomdoom

Postby vroomzoomdoom » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:27 pm

No noose is good noose.

GermX

Postby GermX » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:34 pm

Mass rejections in April? That sucks so bad. Man, I'm above their 75th in LSAT etc... and I got into some great schools, would USC really reject my ass? DAMN YOU USC.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”