USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ValiantVic
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ValiantVic » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:44 pm

Sent in my UCLA and USC app at the same time. Complete at UCLA. Have heard absolutely nothing from USC. I USPS'd them my certification letter and haven't even gotten an e-mail saying they received my app. What is going on? This was like two weeks ago...

zaichka
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby zaichka » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:01 pm

ValiantVic wrote:Sent in my UCLA and USC app at the same time. Complete at UCLA. Have heard absolutely nothing from USC. I USPS'd them my certification letter and haven't even gotten an e-mail saying they received my app. What is going on? This was like two weeks ago...


They had a problem with my app too. I would call them to make sure that everything is fine.

User avatar
bighead715
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby bighead715 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:02 pm

I sent them an email when I had a similar problem. They sent a quick response saying they sent out a complete email that apparently was not actually sent out or was eaten up by my evil yahoo account. They CCed the admissions dean in their response so I looked like a complete idiot...:/

ughOSU
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ughOSU » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:25 pm

mine went through fine, got conf. email like a day or two later

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby crackberry » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:25 pm

You can't spell "sucks" without USC. Go Cardinal.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Veritas » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:05 pm

crackberry wrote:You can't spell "sucks" without USC. Go Cardinal.

:lol: :P :(

galahad85
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby galahad85 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:47 pm

I just got an "application complete" email. And I thought it had been complete all this time. :?

User avatar
soccersmo
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby soccersmo » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:15 pm

when did you apply... i put my app in on 11/3 and got a app recieved email the next day, but havent gone complete yet... i think I'm going to call tomorrow

User avatar
DoctorNick189
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby DoctorNick189 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:21 pm

2.99/176 here.

Would love to go, but it doesn't look like USC is splitter-friendly.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ruleser » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:45 pm

Took about 3-4 weeks for me to go complete.

User avatar
hhg
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby hhg » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:46 pm

i submitted 6 nov & got an application received notice 9 nov, but have heard nothing since. do people seem to have more success calling or emailing to confirm everything is alright or should i just not bother (based on the way that some people that have taken initiative have been treated)?

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:24 am

An entertaining turn of events; I received a lovely viewbook and personal letter with fee waiver...two weeks after I applied. Had fun looking at the information, but I would have saved some money if I had taken the trouble to register sooner with the CRS on the LSAC site.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ruleser » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:03 am

managamy wrote:An entertaining turn of events; I received a lovely viewbook and personal letter with fee waiver...two weeks after I applied. Had fun looking at the information, but I would have saved some money if I had taken the trouble to register sooner with the CRS on the LSAC site.

Dude, if those are your real stats on LSN, why are you even applying to USC, you'll be in a Harvard/Yale.

You can usually get your ap fee refunded if you contact the school after getting a fee waiver.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby crackberry » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:09 am

ruleser wrote:
managamy wrote:An entertaining turn of events; I received a lovely viewbook and personal letter with fee waiver...two weeks after I applied. Had fun looking at the information, but I would have saved some money if I had taken the trouble to register sooner with the CRS on the LSAC site.

Dude, if those are your real stats on LSN, why are you even applying to USC, you'll be in a Harvard/Yale.

Especially since you apparently go to Stanford UG.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:20 am

crackberry wrote:
ruleser wrote:
managamy wrote:An entertaining turn of events; I received a lovely viewbook and personal letter with fee waiver...two weeks after I applied. Had fun looking at the information, but I would have saved some money if I had taken the trouble to register sooner with the CRS on the LSAC site.

Dude, if those are your real stats on LSN, why are you even applying to USC, you'll be in a Harvard/Yale.

Especially since you apparently go to Stanford UG.


Hey wait, how did you surmise (correctly) that I go to Stanford?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby crackberry » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:26 am

managamy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
ruleser wrote:
managamy wrote:An entertaining turn of events; I received a lovely viewbook and personal letter with fee waiver...two weeks after I applied. Had fun looking at the information, but I would have saved some money if I had taken the trouble to register sooner with the CRS on the LSAC site.

Dude, if those are your real stats on LSN, why are you even applying to USC, you'll be in a Harvard/Yale.

Especially since you apparently go to Stanford UG.


Hey wait, how did you surmise (correctly) that I go to Stanford?

Your LSN profile says you are in undergrad in California and that you go to a Top 5 school. There is only one Top 5 school in California. (I suppose CalTech could count too, but I can't imagine that many kids from CalTech go to law school. Plus your softs would indicate Stanford, not CalTech.) Also I went to Stanford.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:32 am

Hey wait, how did you surmise (correctly) that I go to Stanford?[/quote]
Your LSN profile says you are in undergrad in California and that you go to a Top 5 school. There is only one Top 5 school in California. (I suppose CalTech could count too, but I can't imagine that many kids from CalTech go to law school. Plus your softs would indicate Stanford, not CalTech.) Also I went to Stanford.[/quote]

Clever! Although I actually thought that residence was not university address but home address, which also happens to be CA in my case. I do rather doubt that many CalTechers go after a JD. :D

galahad85
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby galahad85 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:34 am

soccersmo wrote:when did you apply... i put my app in on 11/3 and got a app recieved email the next day, but havent gone complete yet... i think I'm going to call tomorrow


I applied 10/30 and got the app received email the same day.

ViP
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ViP » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:12 pm

hhg wrote:i submitted 6 nov & got an application received notice 9 nov, but have heard nothing since. do people seem to have more success calling or emailing to confirm everything is alright or should i just not bother (based on the way that some people that have taken initiative have been treated)?


I received an app received email on 11/06, but still no word on completion.

As another poster said, apparently it can take up to 3-4 weeks to go complete. I guess there's no use in contacting them yet...

User avatar
hhg
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:32 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby hhg » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:50 pm

just got the email that i'm complete. submitted 6 nov. for the curious, the email stated:

"The Admissions Committee will begin to review your application and once a decision is made, we will notify you immediately. The review process takes approximately 8-12 weeks. We only release decisions via postal mail; not over the phone or by email. If you have any questions during the process please do not hesitate to contact our office at 213-740-2523 or via email at admissions@law.usc.edu."

hopefully they're just being generous and will not take as long as they state to make their decisions! :)

galahad85
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby galahad85 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:21 pm

hhg wrote:just got the email that i'm complete. submitted 6 nov. for the curious, the email stated:

"The Admissions Committee will begin to review your application and once a decision is made, we will notify you immediately. The review process takes approximately 8-12 weeks. We only release decisions via postal mail; not over the phone or by email. If you have any questions during the process please do not hesitate to contact our office at 213-740-2523 or via email at admissions@law.usc.edu."

hopefully they're just being generous and will not take as long as they state to make their decisions! :)


Last year, it really did take 8-12 for them to get back to me. But I had applied much later in the cycle that time, so that may be why.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ruleser » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:23 pm

galahad85 wrote:
hhg wrote:just got the email that i'm complete. submitted 6 nov. for the curious, the email stated:

"The Admissions Committee will begin to review your application and once a decision is made, we will notify you immediately. The review process takes approximately 8-12 weeks. We only release decisions via postal mail; not over the phone or by email. If you have any questions during the process please do not hesitate to contact our office at 213-740-2523 or via email at admissions@law.usc.edu."

hopefully they're just being generous and will not take as long as they state to make their decisions! :)


Last year, it really did take 8-12 for them to get back to me. But I had applied much later in the cycle that time, so that may be why.

If you look on LSN it seems about right, 8-12 weeks to decision.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:14 am

I just wanted to let everyone know that as soon as I receive my acceptance letter from Harvard, which should be late next week, I will contact USC to withdraw my application. Hopefully, one of you will be able to take advantage of the additional spot. Best of luck! :)

southxii
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:11 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby southxii » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:54 am

You've been accepted? That would be interesting.

imisscollege
Posts: 438
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby imisscollege » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:02 am

received oct 23. still no complete email. cause for concern?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BuyaLittleMercy, doc b, draymondgreen, hellohalo, jstans, lawschoolbound2017, Smc1994, stewhan and 10 guests