USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dcrlo3
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby dcrlo3 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:44 pm

jelizabeth88 wrote:
dcrlo3 wrote:
jelizabeth88 wrote:20K/year in the mail! It's going to be tough to decide between USC and UT.

When did you DF? and what's #'s like if you don't mind my asking


mid january. and i'm 167/3/7. Kinda surprised. I thought I was pretty borderline, but it's hard to tell when the 50 and 75th percentiles are the same.

well congrats!! well-deserved! Good news for a fellow 167er w/ 3.62 (:

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:24 pm

any 3/19ers get their mail?

edit: nm saw someone on LSN who got their letter. updated just now but marked 3/19

User avatar
autarkh
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby autarkh » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:38 pm

I'll let you know in about 20 mins. The mailman is just down the block. :mrgreen:

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:45 pm

autarkh wrote:I'll let you know in about 20 mins. The mailman is just down the block. :mrgreen:


how are your stats? and what are you expecting?

User avatar
autarkh
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby autarkh » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:58 pm

finalaspects wrote:
autarkh wrote:I'll let you know in about 20 mins. The mailman is just down the block. :mrgreen:


how are your stats? and what are you expecting?


PM'ed you.

In any case, no mail today. LOL.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:11 pm

autarkh wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
autarkh wrote:I'll let you know in about 20 mins. The mailman is just down the block. :mrgreen:


how are your stats? and what are you expecting?


PM'ed you.

In any case, no mail today. LOL.


tell us when your mail arrives

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby msch0i » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:41 pm

Pretty sure 3/19 is a reject batch... :/

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Inygma » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:01 pm

finalaspects wrote:any 3/19ers get their mail?

edit: nm saw someone on LSN who got their letter. updated just now but marked 3/19


Rejected! I kind of chuckled at the letter. Some BS about taking a long time to review each and every application, when I was IR for 2 days.

killuminati
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby killuminati » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:33 pm

Inygma wrote:
finalaspects wrote:any 3/19ers get their mail?

edit: nm saw someone on LSN who got their letter. updated just now but marked 3/19


Rejected! I kind of chuckled at the letter. Some BS about taking a long time to review each and every application, when I was IR for 2 days.


why do you act like you don't know me anymore finalaspects? yup rejected today, bummer. gluck mizz choi.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:12 am

killuminati wrote:
Inygma wrote:
finalaspects wrote:any 3/19ers get their mail?

edit: nm saw someone on LSN who got their letter. updated just now but marked 3/19


Rejected! I kind of chuckled at the letter. Some BS about taking a long time to review each and every application, when I was IR for 2 days.


why do you act like you don't know me anymore finalaspects? yup rejected today, bummer. gluck mizz choi.


wasn't acting like i didn't know, just didn't know if others did.

dcrlo3
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby dcrlo3 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:59 am

Anyone check their 'My financial aid' docs and the award 2009-2010 has a new message saying "Thank you for visiting the USC Financial Aid Office. Your financial aid information is currently unavailable because your award has not yet been determined. Graduate students should receive their Financial Aid Summaries starting April 1 and continuing throughout the summer." ?? This changed today from 'no information available' and the financial aid document status went blank where it showed FAFSA and Supplementary Form before... does this mean they are reviewing now for scholy info?? -- so neurotic, I just want some news before the 1st for scholarships so I'm not posting seat deposits all over America!

User avatar
bigchris1313
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:38 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby bigchris1313 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:01 pm

DF 3/9. Received my acceptance letter on 3/12. Unless UCLA lets me in and offers me a decent sum of money--extremely unlikely for a 167 3.64 very non-URM--I'll be spending the next three years between Jefferson & Expo, and Vermont & Fig.

Of course, because I didn't find TLS until a few days ago, when I saw the small envelope, I assumed it was a rejection letter.

PS: First post.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:03 pm

give me DF usc!

dcrlo3
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby dcrlo3 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:22 pm

bigchris1313 wrote:DF 3/9. Received my acceptance letter on 3/12. Unless UCLA lets me in and offers me a decent sum of money--extremely unlikely for a 167 3.64 very non-URM--I'll be spending the next three years between Jefferson & Expo, and Vermont & Fig.

Of course, because I didn't find TLS until a few days ago, when I saw the small envelope, I assumed it was a rejection letter.

PS: First post.

fellow df 3/9 ands #s twins -- welcome! any $ offered yet? --- btw rejected by Ucla this wk

User avatar
autarkh
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby autarkh » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Ding! DF 3/19. Non-trad splitter -- so it's not completely unexpected, but I'm A little surprised given that I haven't, so far, been outright rejected at MVPNDCG. Oh well. There may be snow in my future.
Last edited by autarkh on Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:35 pm

autarkh wrote:Ding! DF 3/19. Non-trad splitter -- so it's not completely unexpected, but I'm A little surprised given that I haven't, so far, been outright rejected at MVPNDCG. Oh well. There may be snow in my future.


Good luck with the rest of your cycle! i have worse stats than you in both LSAT and GPA... and i was complete in oct... i should be getting rejected shortly.

gobears09
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby gobears09 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:36 pm

autarkh wrote:Ding! DF 3/19. Non-trad splitter -- so it's not completely unexpected, but I'm A little surprised given that I haven't, so far, been outright rejected by higher ranked schools. Oh well. There may be snow in my future.


Sorry to hear, can you PM me your stats?

User avatar
autarkh
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:05 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby autarkh » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:37 pm

finalaspects wrote:
autarkh wrote:Ding! DF 3/19. Non-trad splitter -- so it's not completely unexpected, but I'm A little surprised given that I haven't, so far, been outright rejected at MVPNDCG. Oh well. There may be snow in my future.


Good luck with the rest of your cycle! i have worse stats than you in both LSAT and GPA... and i was complete in oct... i should be getting rejected shortly.


Thanks. Don't give up hope -- you haven't been dinged yet.

StrawberryRed89
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby StrawberryRed89 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:43 pm

dcrlo3 wrote:Anyone check their 'My financial aid' docs and the award 2009-2010 has a new message saying "Thank you for visiting the USC Financial Aid Office. Your financial aid information is currently unavailable because your award has not yet been determined. Graduate students should receive their Financial Aid Summaries starting April 1 and continuing throughout the summer." ?? This changed today from 'no information available' and the financial aid document status went blank where it showed FAFSA and Supplementary Form before... does this mean they are reviewing now for scholy info?? -- so neurotic, I just want some news before the 1st for scholarships so I'm not posting seat deposits all over America!


Mine started showing the new message today too.

User avatar
bigchris1313
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:38 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby bigchris1313 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:45 pm

dcrlo3 wrote:fellow df 3/9 ands #s twins -- welcome! any $ offered yet? --- btw rejected by Ucla this wk


No cash yet. I can only pray. You?

After seeing LSN, I fully expect to be rejected by UCLA. I'm just not sure why they haven't gotten around to it. Possibly because I didn't get in a single application before 2/1 and didn't go complete anywhere until around 2/14. In fact, I didn't go IR at USC until 2/24.

dcrlo3
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby dcrlo3 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:03 pm

bigchris1313 wrote:
dcrlo3 wrote:fellow df 3/9 ands #s twins -- welcome! any $ offered yet? --- btw rejected by Ucla this wk


No cash yet. I can only pray. You?

After seeing LSN, I fully expect to be rejected by UCLA. I'm just not sure why they haven't gotten around to it. Possibly because I didn't get in a single application before 2/1 and didn't go complete anywhere until around 2/14. In fact, I didn't go IR at USC until 2/24.

I was the same way, I didn't go IR until march.. I haven't but I'm fully expecting to pay min. of 50k in loans per yr. That's at best, estimated student budget 70k/yr. BTW anyone know just how accurate the $160k/yr median starting salary is for private firms? (at USC per website)

User avatar
bigchris1313
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:38 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby bigchris1313 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:16 pm

160k per year sounds a little high for LA. Based solely on wild accusation and rank speculation, I bet the number is closer to 150k, +/- 5k.

Of course, first you have to actually get the job, which--as I understand it--is miserably difficult right now.

To the other poster who asked about fin aid status, my page still gives the "being determined, will post after 4/1" message.

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby msch0i » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:40 am

A bit late and completely expected, but got ze ding letter. DF 3/19. Good luck to everyone still waiting for decisions! :D

jonnodotsg
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby jonnodotsg » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:26 am

.
Last edited by jonnodotsg on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
unknownscholar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby unknownscholar » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:04 pm

today will end week 9 IR. lol. wonderful.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, BruiseWillis, guybourdin, JD2020, NotAGolfer, potterotter, studyingeveryday, xn3345 and 33 guests