USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
LizBennet
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby LizBennet » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:12 am

Torvon wrote:Well I was waitlisted at USC today (not a big deal because I'm already in at better schools) but I found it funny that their letter said I have to mail them back a form and they have to receive it by the 23rd of March if I want to be considered on the WL.


I got my letter today and it said the form had to get there by the 30th.

User avatar
burtonrideclub
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:10 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby burtonrideclub » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:15 am

madhatter01 wrote:
philosoraptor wrote:
ViP wrote:
burtonrideclub wrote:Complete four 4 months today. I'd like to shout out to the admissions office, without them this would not have been possible
+1

I'm celebrating my 4 months with USC tonight at Spago.

My five-month anniversary was yesterday. But honestly, this long-distance thing is just not working out. Too many temptations out there for both of us. We may not make it to April.


Soon to be 5 months for me too. Do we all have 166 LSATs?


Yup 166 here with a mediocre at best 3.5 gpa

Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Torvon » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:17 am

LizBennet wrote:
Torvon wrote:Well I was waitlisted at USC today (not a big deal because I'm already in at better schools) but I found it funny that their letter said I have to mail them back a form and they have to receive it by the 23rd of March if I want to be considered on the WL.


I got my letter today and it said the form had to get there by the 30th.


Ha ha, they must just be rejecting me in the harshest way they could figure out. In big, bold type my letter says:

If you would like to accept a place on the waiting list, you must complete the enclosed form and return it by March 23, 2010. (THIS IS NOT A POSTMARK DATE).


Maybe they're bitter that I was accepted at UCLA.

madhatter01
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby madhatter01 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:20 am

I'm celebrating my 4 months with USC tonight at Spago.[/quote]
My five-month anniversary was yesterday. But honestly, this long-distance thing is just not working out. Too many temptations out there for both of us. We may not make it to April.[/quote]

Soon to be 5 months for me too. Do we all have 166 LSATs?[/quote]

Yup 166 here with a mediocre at best 3.5 gpa[/quote]

Why are we so neglected?! I bet they'll fill their incoming class before they even look at my app :P

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:21 am

burtonrideclub wrote:
Yup 166 here with a mediocre at best 3.5 gpa


over 75% LSAT under 25% GPA waiting since oct...

teddy_jai
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:46 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby teddy_jai » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:21 am

burtonrideclub wrote:
over 75% LSAT under 25% GPA waiting since oct...


+1 on the numbers. been waitin' since early nov.

ViP
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ViP » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:08 am

madhatter01 wrote:
philosoraptor wrote:
ViP wrote:
burtonrideclub wrote:Complete four 4 months today. I'd like to shout out to the admissions office, without them this would not have been possible
+1

I'm celebrating my 4 months with USC tonight at Spago.

My five-month anniversary was yesterday. But honestly, this long-distance thing is just not working out. Too many temptations out there for both of us. We may not make it to April.


Soon to be 5 months for me too. Do we all have 166 LSATs?


Not me.

Below 25% LSAT, above 75% GPA.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:41 am

at least they're keeping some splitters and reverse splitters around...

are you guys not in review?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:41 am

finalaspects wrote:at least they're keeping some splitters and reverse splitters around...

are you guys not in review?


I'm complete 1/21. Emailed and they said to wait, basically. (submitted weeks before that)

ViP
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ViP » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:00 am

finalaspects wrote:at least they're keeping some splitters and reverse splitters around...

are you guys not in review?


Nope.

Complete since November.

GermX
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby GermX » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:16 pm

3.4, 169, no answer yet.

hellogoodbye1
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:45 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby hellogoodbye1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:18 pm

as of today, still complete! going to withdraw now..

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:21 pm

hellogoodbye1 wrote:as of today, still complete! going to withdraw now..


you may as well stay in the running. doesn't hurt you any, and oftentimes when people withdraw they end up with decisions anyway...

newyorklaw23
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:52 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby newyorklaw23 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:24 pm

Have we come to the conclusion that LOCIs sent while you're still under review aren't really looked at?

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:25 pm

newyorklaw23 wrote:Have we come to the conclusion that LOCIs sent while you're still under review aren't really looked at?


no they should really be added to your file...

User avatar
unknownscholar
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby unknownscholar » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:58 pm

mctj wrote:
xokel87 wrote:
mctj wrote:To everyone who is considering writing a preemptive LOCI, I have a potentially helpful nugget of information. If you are already in review, your file cannot be altered. If you are merely complete, they should be able to add it if you don't go into review before it gets there.


Hm.. an additional letter of rec I sent got there after I was put into review and it showed up on my USC status checker page..

And, they waitlist via status checker.


That's just what the admissions office told me. It's possible the recieved it, put it on the status checker page to show they received it, and only added it to your official file once it was back "up front", if you will. Or the lady that told me this was misinformed, or it only applies to LOCIs...

amichig
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby amichig » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Anybody else been in review for 2 months? Thinking this is not a good sign and a WL awaits me...

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:23 pm

amichig wrote:Anybody else been in review for 2 months? Thinking this is not a good sign and a WL awaits me...


me. splitter (over 75% LSAT under 25% GPA)

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby sibley » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:29 pm

finalaspects wrote:
amichig wrote:Anybody else been in review for 2 months? Thinking this is not a good sign and a WL awaits me...


me. splitter (over 75% LSAT under 25% GPA)


I'm still stuck at Complete back in January. Ridiculous, as I wasn't 'complete' with them until 3 weeks after they had all my stuff.

amichig
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby amichig » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:32 pm

finalaspects wrote:
amichig wrote:Anybody else been in review for 2 months? Thinking this is not a good sign and a WL awaits me...


me. splitter (over 75% LSAT under 25% GPA)



Fair enough - I'm at their median for GPA, but below for LSAT, and a URM (which is making my cycle long and slow).

gobears09
Posts: 197
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby gobears09 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:02 pm

sibley wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
amichig wrote:Anybody else been in review for 2 months? Thinking this is not a good sign and a WL awaits me...


me. splitter (over 75% LSAT under 25% GPA)


I'm still stuck at Complete back in January. Ridiculous, as I wasn't 'complete' with them until 3 weeks after they had all my stuff.


Me too

User avatar
OneKnight
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby OneKnight » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:09 pm

finalaspects wrote:at least they're keeping some splitters and reverse splitters around...

are you guys not in review?


I'm in review ~166/4.0 since 3/16/2010

jelizabeth88
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby jelizabeth88 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:23 pm

20K/year in the mail! It's going to be tough to decide between USC and UT.

dcrlo3
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby dcrlo3 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:49 pm

jelizabeth88 wrote:20K/year in the mail! It's going to be tough to decide between USC and UT.

When did you DF? and what's #'s like if you don't mind my asking

jelizabeth88
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby jelizabeth88 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:15 pm

dcrlo3 wrote:
jelizabeth88 wrote:20K/year in the mail! It's going to be tough to decide between USC and UT.

When did you DF? and what's #'s like if you don't mind my asking


mid january. and i'm 167/3/7. Kinda surprised. I thought I was pretty borderline, but it's hard to tell when the 50 and 75th percentiles are the same.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”