USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Inygma » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:12 pm

sibley wrote:
Inygma wrote:
sibley wrote:what do you guys think will happen to me? I was waitlisted at UCLA and Hastings and USC's the only in-between CA school I applied to.


Low GPA, based on past LSN numbers it is not looking good.


California hates me. Oh well.


California seems to love the GPA, which is shown by most, if not all of the Tier 1 Cal Law Schools. It seems much less forgiving for splitters then other states (Indiana comes to mind)

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:14 pm

Inygma wrote:
sibley wrote:
Inygma wrote:
sibley wrote:what do you guys think will happen to me? I was waitlisted at UCLA and Hastings and USC's the only in-between CA school I applied to.


Low GPA, based on past LSN numbers it is not looking good.


California hates me. Oh well.


California seems to love the GPA, which is shown by most, if not all of the Tier 1 Cal Law Schools. It seems much less forgiving for splitters then other states (Indiana comes to mind)


Well I'm happy with a WL at UCLA. I think that's impressive enough =) We'll see how the east coast schools do for me.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:15 pm

sibley wrote:
Inygma wrote:California seems to love the GPA, which is shown by most, if not all of the Tier 1 Cal Law Schools. It seems much less forgiving for splitters then other states (Indiana comes to mind)


Well I'm happy with a WL at UCLA. I think that's impressive enough =) We'll see how the east coast schools do for me.


it sucks for people like me who love CA...

Inygma
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Inygma » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:16 pm

sibley wrote:
Inygma wrote:
sibley wrote:
Inygma wrote:Low GPA, based on past LSN numbers it is not looking good.


California hates me. Oh well.


California seems to love the GPA, which is shown by most, if not all of the Tier 1 Cal Law Schools. It seems much less forgiving for splitters then other states (Indiana comes to mind)


Well I'm happy with a WL at UCLA. I think that's impressive enough =) We'll see how the east coast schools do for me.


Definately something to be proud of. Georgetown seemed to be more splitter friendly, and I am sure many of the 20-40 range would love to have you.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:16 pm

finalaspects wrote:
sibley wrote:
Inygma wrote:California seems to love the GPA, which is shown by most, if not all of the Tier 1 Cal Law Schools. It seems much less forgiving for splitters then other states (Indiana comes to mind)


Well I'm happy with a WL at UCLA. I think that's impressive enough =) We'll see how the east coast schools do for me.


it sucks for people like me who love CA...


I would have wanted San Francisco and I love the weather of the rest of the state but... it's a little far from my bf, you know? For San Francisco I could have dealt with the separation.

and thanks inygma =) gtown would be amazing. UVA waitlisted me and I was happy about that too.

User avatar
david?
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby david? » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:39 pm

sibley wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
sibley wrote:
Inygma wrote:California seems to love the GPA, which is shown by most, if not all of the Tier 1 Cal Law Schools. It seems much less forgiving for splitters then other states (Indiana comes to mind)


Well I'm happy with a WL at UCLA. I think that's impressive enough =) We'll see how the east coast schools do for me.


it sucks for people like me who love CA...


I would have wanted San Francisco and I love the weather of the rest of the state but... it's a little far from my bf, you know? For San Francisco I could have dealt with the separation.

and thanks inygma =) gtown would be amazing. UVA waitlisted me and I was happy about that too.


I know its getting kind of close but I have similar numbers, slightly lower LSAT and I got accepted in the 3/9 or 3/12 batch. Hang in there.

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

.

Postby 02122015 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:12 pm

.
Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:14 pm

MSPeast wrote:Withdrew today after my financial aid offer came back. USC offered me $20K per year (3.6, 171), which would leave me with an annual COA of about $48K per year. My "money school," Texas, is ranked higher and would have an annual COA of just $33K per year after scholarships, so there was really no reason to stick around any longer. I hope one of you gets my seat and money! Good luck everyone!


nice! i love it when high LSAT scorers withdraw. might mean that they may need splitters. 8)

User avatar
afghan007
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby afghan007 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:14 pm

just submitted my scholarship/aid specific application online.. anyone have an idea of how long it takes for USC to notify students of awards?

dcrlo3
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby dcrlo3 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:32 pm

Did those of you who are fortunate enough to have received $$ info get an email w/ financial aid offer also, whether prior to or subsequent to the letter's postmarked date? What are the odds of DF 3/9er getting scholy info before the 1st??

49erjo
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:01 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby 49erjo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:57 pm

afghan007 wrote:just submitted my scholarship/aid specific application online.. anyone have an idea of how long it takes for USC to notify students of awards?


FYI, it took them about a month to get back to me after I filled out the application.

dcrlo3
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby dcrlo3 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:02 pm

49erjo wrote:
afghan007 wrote:just submitted my scholarship/aid specific application online.. anyone have an idea of how long it takes for USC to notify students of awards?


FYI, it took them about a month to get back to me after I filled out the application.

F. Tough to blindly commit.. but it's USC!! Fight On!

User avatar
smacroon
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby smacroon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:03 pm

dcrlo3 wrote:Did those of you who are fortunate enough to have received $$ info get an email w/ financial aid offer also, whether prior to or subsequent to the letter's postmarked date? What are the odds of DF 3/9er getting scholy info before the 1st??


No fin aid or loan info yet for me...just the merit schol letter

49erjo
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:01 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby 49erjo » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:06 pm

dcrlo3 wrote:
49erjo wrote:
afghan007 wrote:just submitted my scholarship/aid specific application online.. anyone have an idea of how long it takes for USC to notify students of awards?


FYI, it took them about a month to get back to me after I filled out the application.

F. Tough to blindly commit.. but it's USC!! Fight On!


'Grats! Its looking that way for me as well. Also FYI, I turned in the app before the committee had even started making financial aid decisions, so maybe it won't take them AS long to get back to you.

dcrlo3
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby dcrlo3 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:25 pm

49erjo wrote:
dcrlo3 wrote:
49erjo wrote:
afghan007 wrote:just submitted my scholarship/aid specific application online.. anyone have an idea of how long it takes for USC to notify students of awards?


FYI, it took them about a month to get back to me after I filled out the application.

F. Tough to blindly commit.. but it's USC!! Fight On!


'Grats! Its looking that way for me as well. Also FYI, I turned in the app before the committee had even started making financial aid decisions, so maybe it won't take them AS long to get back to you.

if you look at LSN dates the decisions were reached from current - past acceptances, looks like 2/17's will be next fin. aid letter recipients, then 3/9's -- just speculation..

User avatar
burtonrideclub
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:10 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby burtonrideclub » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:32 pm

Complete four 4 months today. I'd like to shout out to the admissions office, without them this would not have been possible

fs_tills
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:45 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby fs_tills » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:12 pm

burtonrideclub wrote:Complete four 4 months today. I'd like to shout out to the admissions office, without them this would not have been possible


Have you called up admissions and asked them what's up? I'm still complete... but comparatively to you, it's "only" been a little over two months for me.

User avatar
afghan007
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby afghan007 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:39 pm

dcrlo3 wrote:
49erjo wrote:
dcrlo3 wrote:
49erjo wrote:FYI, it took them about a month to get back to me after I filled out the application.

F. Tough to blindly commit.. but it's USC!! Fight On!


'Grats! Its looking that way for me as well. Also FYI, I turned in the app before the committee had even started making financial aid decisions, so maybe it won't take them AS long to get back to you.

if you look at LSN dates the decisions were reached from current - past acceptances, looks like 2/17's will be next fin. aid letter recipients, then 3/9's -- just speculation..


who out for the paper? hands up! OOOOHH

ViP
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ViP » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:36 pm

burtonrideclub wrote:Complete four 4 months today. I'd like to shout out to the admissions office, without them this would not have been possible


+1

I'm celebrating my 4 months with USC tonight at Spago.

User avatar
LizBennet
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby LizBennet » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:42 pm

ViP wrote:
burtonrideclub wrote:Complete four 4 months today. I'd like to shout out to the admissions office, without them this would not have been possible


+1

I'm celebrating my 4 months with USC tonight at Spago.



Woohoo, Spago! I went there once and got to meet Wolfgang:)

musicfor18
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby musicfor18 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:04 pm

I received $20k/ year scholarship from USC. Do you think any of the following are viable leverage for negotiating more aid?

Illinois: $30k/year
IUB: full ride

User avatar
philosoraptor
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby philosoraptor » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:25 pm

ViP wrote:
burtonrideclub wrote:Complete four 4 months today. I'd like to shout out to the admissions office, without them this would not have been possible
+1

I'm celebrating my 4 months with USC tonight at Spago.

My five-month anniversary was yesterday. But honestly, this long-distance thing is just not working out. Too many temptations out there for both of us. We may not make it to April.

User avatar
Stupendous_Man
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:05 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Stupendous_Man » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:59 pm

philosoraptor wrote:
ViP wrote:
burtonrideclub wrote:Complete four 4 months today. I'd like to shout out to the admissions office, without them this would not have been possible
+1

I'm celebrating my 4 months with USC tonight at Spago.

My five-month anniversary was yesterday. But honestly, this long-distance thing is just not working out. Too many temptations out there for both of us. We may not make it to April.


Plus USC has been holding out on you this whole time. After dropping $75, you'd think you'd see a little action. But hey, the ones that make you wait are the ones to keep!

madhatter01
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby madhatter01 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:01 am

philosoraptor wrote:
ViP wrote:
burtonrideclub wrote:Complete four 4 months today. I'd like to shout out to the admissions office, without them this would not have been possible
+1

I'm celebrating my 4 months with USC tonight at Spago.

My five-month anniversary was yesterday. But honestly, this long-distance thing is just not working out. Too many temptations out there for both of us. We may not make it to April.


Soon to be 5 months for me too. Do we all have 166 LSATs?

Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Torvon » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:07 am

Well I was waitlisted at USC today (not a big deal because I'm already in at better schools) but I found it funny that their letter said I have to mail them back a form and they have to receive it by the 23rd of March if I want to be considered on the WL.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Houzy, xnsch and 7 guests