USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ruleser

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ruleser » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:14 am

Philaw wrote:Complete 10/26, Status checker e-mail 11/25. UR 12/9(If I remember correctly) and now 12/11. I hope so as well! I would absolutely love to go to USC. The last time I was in LA, I was actually a homeless teenager, and I would love to go back successful, and work with some of the programs that helped me out when I was 13 and 14.

Chances are my numbers aren't good enough, but I've got some interesting diversity characteristics, volunteer work, and am a URM, so you never know. Cautiously Optimistic.

Thanks again! Either way, I'll let you guys know what happens.

Wow, didn't know there was an 'under review' on the status check - have been sitting complete 10/26 for a while. Just figured a decision would arrive. Well good luck, hope they shoot out your answer shortly...

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:29 am

finalaspects wrote:
killuminati wrote:I'm complete 10/9 still...no movement whatsoever.

it seems like the 2 people who are at DR are URM's, so USC might be looking at URM's first before everyone else...

but damn i'm still not accepted anywhere... at least you have BU under your belt already... god i hope i get accepted somewhere by the end of this month... or i'm going to have the worst holiday of my life...

There's a second person?

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:41 am

managamy wrote:
There's a second person?

Philaw wrote:
southxii wrote:Accepted. 166/3.64 URM with hard softs. Very very excited. I love the idea of attending USC.

Congrats to those accepted already and good luck to those waiting!

Wow, congratulations! What was your decision dated? Did your status checker go to DR?

If southxii is telling the truth, then yes, since Philaw is now at DR.

that's 2 URM's at DR.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:49 am

finalaspects wrote:
managamy wrote:
There's a second person?

Philaw wrote:
southxii wrote:Accepted. 166/3.64 URM with hard softs. Very very excited. I love the idea of attending USC.

Congrats to those accepted already and good luck to those waiting!

Wow, congratulations! What was your decision dated? Did your status checker go to DR?

If southxii is telling the truth, then yes, since Philaw is now at DR.

that's 2 URM's at DR.

I thought that Philaw was UR, not DR.

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:52 am

managamy wrote:
I thought that Philaw was UR, not DR.

oh, my mistake. when he stated that his date changed i figured it went to DR. but yea i guess that makes 1 DR, and 1 UR but both are URMs.

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:55 am

finalaspects wrote:

it seems like the 2 people who are at DR are URM's, so USC might be looking at URM's first before everyone else...

but damn i'm still not accepted anywhere... at least you have BU under your belt already... god i hope i get accepted somewhere by the end of this month... or i'm going to have the worst holiday of my life...

Hey, cheer up buddy, you'll be hearing from your schools shortly, I mean you sent them all in before the November deadline right? And you also said you overcame a lot of socioeconomic hardships and worked a ton of hours during the week. Before Christmas you'll get your BU results...and then I'll see you there next FALL.

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:57 am

managamy wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

There's a second person?

You applied to USC too?!

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:00 am

killuminati wrote:Hey, cheer up buddy, you'll be hearing from your schools shortly, I mean you sent them all in before the November deadline right? And you also said you overcame a lot of socioeconomic hardships and worked a ton of hours during the week. Before Christmas you'll get your BU results...and then I'll see you there next FALL.

i don't know how much of that seems to really matter to law schools. Yes, i worked 20-30 hours per week all throughout my collegiate years and grew up fairly poor. Law schools seem to care more about raising up their numbers so that they can go up in ranking. my 3.1 is just simply too slow for most schools it seems...

but thanks, i won't give up yet...

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:03 am

Hattori Hanzo wrote:
managamy wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

There's a second person?

You applied to USC too?!

Yes. It's not a TTT or anything.

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:07 am

well...I was supposed to get dinged or waitlisted at BU based on the past 3 years...but my softs really helped me get accepted. And you never know, most people don't even post on TLS/LSN/LSP...they accept like on average a thousand students and only a few hundred matriculate...but on LSN and TLS there are nowhere near a thousand people posting up for each school. So you never know! I'm hoping for USC, and I'm pulling for you too bro...we are hometown boys...but if this doesn't work out I'll see you at Boston...OC boys representin' in the East!

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:51 am

managamy wrote:Yes. It's not a TTT or anything.

No it is not but that's too conservative for your stats.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:26 am

Hattori Hanzo wrote:
managamy wrote:Yes. It's not a TTT or anything.

No it is not but that's too conservative for your stats.

You sound like my recommenders, who kept telling me that I over-applied. Of course, you're right, but I had my reasons for feeling conservative when I sent in the apps.

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:07 pm

deem wrote:
protokurios wrote:
Philaw wrote:Complete 10/26, Status checker e-mail 11/25. UR 12/9(If I remember correctly) and now 12/11. I hope so as well! I would absolutely love to go to USC. The last time I was in LA, I was actually a homeless teenager, and I would love to go back successful, and work with some of the programs that helped me out when I was 13 and 14.

Chances are my numbers aren't good enough, but I've got some interesting diversity characteristics, volunteer work, and am a URM, so you never know. Cautiously Optimistic.

Wow, that's an awesome story. Definitely rooting for you to get into SC.

+1
That is a great story and I really hope you get in.

Thanks everyone! :oops:

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:51 pm

ruleser wrote:

Wow, didn't know there was an 'under review' on the status check - have been sitting complete 10/26 for a while. Just figured a decision would arrive. Well good luck, hope they shoot out your answer shortly...

Yeah, didn't know that either!! I just called their admissions office and they told me that it happens that you just go from complete--> DR, especially if you've already received the Rothman info. She told me to expect a decision in the next few weeks.

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:56 pm

SanBun wrote:
ruleser wrote:

Yeah, didn't know that either!! I just called their admissions office and they told me that it happens that you just go from complete--> DR, especially if you've already received the Rothman info. She told me to expect a decision in the next few weeks.

Huh, that's weird. I just double checked, and it is still under review....it actually says "In Review" and the date listed underneath....I wonder if this is a good thing or a bad thing?

Neelio

Postby Neelio » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:58 pm

quick question... I didn't receive any of the Scholarship info- is this an indicator that I probably won't be getting in? GPA above 75%, LSAT 25%...

deem

Postby deem » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:01 pm

SanBun wrote: Yeah, didn't know that either!! I just called their admissions office and they told me that it happens that you just go from complete--> DR, especially if you've already received the Rothman info. She told me to expect a decision in the next few weeks.

Awesome. I'm very excited/anxious. Can anyone help me with this slight problem? I put my school apartment address as my mailing address, which was a bad idea because I will not be here over xmas break. If I go DR over that time period and I'm not here to see their decision, I'll go crazy waiting haha. Is there any way for me to get the mailing address changed without it being a pain for them? I figured I'd rather not give them more stuff to deal with. thanks for any insight/help.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:54 pm

deem wrote:
SanBun wrote: Yeah, didn't know that either!! I just called their admissions office and they told me that it happens that you just go from complete--> DR, especially if you've already received the Rothman info. She told me to expect a decision in the next few weeks.

Awesome. I'm very excited/anxious. Can anyone help me with this slight problem? I put my school apartment address as my mailing address, which was a bad idea because I will not be here over xmas break. If I go DR over that time period and I'm not here to see their decision, I'll go crazy waiting haha. Is there any way for me to get the mailing address changed without it being a pain for them? I figured I'd rather not give them more stuff to deal with. thanks for any insight/help.

you could just call them and tell them to send any mail to the permanent address you listed (assuming that you'll be at that address over xmas break)

Have you also received the Rothman info?
Can anyone confirm that it pretty much means you will likely be accepted???

finalaspects

Postby finalaspects » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:57 pm

SanBun wrote:
deem wrote:

you could just call them and tell them to send any mail to the permanent address you listed (assuming that you'll be at that address over xmas break)

read a few pages back. I found last year's thread who got this and pretty much everyone got in.

deem

Postby deem » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:34 pm

SanBun wrote:
deem wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. I'll take your advice and probably give them a call tomorrow. I received the Rothman packet and I really hope it means that we will get in. Hopefully, we will find out soon.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:34 pm

Neelio wrote:quick question... I didn't receive any of the Scholarship info- is this an indicator that I probably won't be getting in? GPA above 75%, LSAT 25%...

No, of course not. It just means that you're not certain to get in. Splitters rarely get these offers.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:56 pm

Got the Frank Rothman Scholarship application in the mail today...whats the consensus on this? I won't get the scholly (most likely) but does it mean I'm pretty much in?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:57 pm

Oli wrote:Got the Frank Rothman Scholarship application in the mail today...whats the consensus on this? I won't get the scholly (most likely) but does it mean I'm pretty much in?

Yes, that's the conventional wisdom.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:59 pm

crackberry wrote:
Oli wrote:Got the Frank Rothman Scholarship application in the mail today...whats the consensus on this? I won't get the scholly (most likely) but does it mean I'm pretty much in?

Thanks crackberry...enjoying basking in the SLS glow?

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:02 pm

crackberry wrote:

+1. You should be in within a few weeks or so, which is nice.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”