USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dcrlo3
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby dcrlo3 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:46 pm

dcrlo3 wrote:3.62 167 DF 3/9 -- Any DF 3/9 get mail today?? I'm assuming not, but any encouraging words from similar stats? Seems right at medians.

btw went complete 2/2/10 IR 3/2/10 or so

User avatar
foxyeconomist
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby foxyeconomist » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:51 pm

dcrlo3 wrote:3.62 167 DF 3/9 -- Any DF 3/9 get mail today?? I'm assuming not, but any encouraging words from similar stats? Seems right at medians.

no mail yet. i'm guessing my letter will arrive Saturday. i'm in northern californina. hopefully, we're in.
3.65, 170(retake), URM

dcrlo3
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby dcrlo3 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:52 pm

foxyeconomist wrote:
dcrlo3 wrote:3.62 167 DF 3/9 -- Any DF 3/9 get mail today?? I'm assuming not, but any encouraging words from similar stats? Seems right at medians.

no mail yet. i'm guessing my letter will arrive Saturday. i'm in northern californina. hopefully, we're in.
3.65, 170(retake), URM

I'm NV, would looovvvveee to be a trojan.. I was also retake.. uh oh.. you still in school? or working

Jockin Jay-Z
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Jockin Jay-Z » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:02 pm

dcrlo3 wrote:3.62 167 DF 3/9 -- Any DF 3/9 get mail today?? I'm assuming not, but any encouraging words from similar stats? Seems right at medians.

When did you go IR?

madhatter01
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby madhatter01 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:05 pm

jonnodotsg wrote:I'm a fellow 166-er, although I've only been complete since 02/09. Nevertheless, I am worried that even with a GPA of 3.92, I will soon be hearing the deafening sound of a DING! Sigh. Maybe better luck next year. :(


I think you would at least be waitlisted

dcrlo3
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby dcrlo3 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:06 pm

Jockin Jay-Z wrote:
dcrlo3 wrote:3.62 167 DF 3/9 -- Any DF 3/9 get mail today?? I'm assuming not, but any encouraging words from similar stats? Seems right at medians.

When did you go IR?

3/2ish... sorry can't remember exact date. Hoping I get the happy letter tomorrow so my trip to mammoth for the wkend is that much more enjoyable! Hope others get the same! What a rough cycle (seemingly) Some amazing candidates WL'd and dinged.

StrawberryRed89
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby StrawberryRed89 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:21 pm

dcrlo3 wrote:3.62 167 DF 3/9 -- Any DF 3/9 get mail today?? I'm assuming not, but any encouraging words from similar stats? Seems right at medians.


I had a 3.67 and a 167, and I was admitted a few weeks ago.

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby danidancer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:27 pm

Shocker. Still at "Complete 11/24." UGH, USC!

User avatar
1800calturk
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:32 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby 1800calturk » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:32 pm

StrawberryRed89 wrote:
dcrlo3 wrote:3.62 167 DF 3/9 -- Any DF 3/9 get mail today?? I'm assuming not, but any encouraging words from similar stats? Seems right at medians.


I had a 3.67 and a 167, and I was admitted a few weeks ago.


Same. Have hope!

User avatar
OneKnight
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby OneKnight » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:34 pm

danidancer wrote:Shocker. Still at "Complete 11/24." UGH, USC!


USC = Unusually Slow Committee

My going theory on 166 is that someone on the adcomm had a traumatic incident with the number since last cycle and can't bring him or herself to look at our applications :P

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby danidancer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:41 pm

OneKnight wrote:
danidancer wrote:Shocker. Still at "Complete 11/24." UGH, USC!


USC = Unusually Slow Committee

My going theory on 166 is that someone on the adcomm had a traumatic incident with the number since last cycle and can't bring him or herself to look at our applications :P


Haha, does your theory hold for 168ers too?

User avatar
OneKnight
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby OneKnight » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:45 pm

danidancer wrote:
OneKnight wrote:
danidancer wrote:Shocker. Still at "Complete 11/24." UGH, USC!


USC = Unusually Slow Committee

My going theory on 166 is that someone on the adcomm had a traumatic incident with the number since last cycle and can't bring him or herself to look at our applications :P


Haha, does your theory hold for 168ers too?


Although my theory is based on the gaping hole on LSN for 166ers, I think it might hold true for certain areas of 168 without much data (e.g. 3.3-3.6). Possibly it's just certain number combinations that put the adcomms on edge. Maybe they're numerologists and we've inadvertently given them the numerological equivalent of the finger??

I just. don't. know.

User avatar
Xizenta
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Xizenta » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:50 pm

foxyeconomist wrote:
dcrlo3 wrote:3.62 167 DF 3/9 -- Any DF 3/9 get mail today?? I'm assuming not, but any encouraging words from similar stats? Seems right at medians.

no mail yet. i'm guessing my letter will arrive Saturday. i'm in northern californina. hopefully, we're in.
3.65, 170(retake), URM



Not a February retake are you? Can't have gone complete + decision already...

User avatar
foxyeconomist
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby foxyeconomist » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:12 pm

dcrlo3 wrote:
foxyeconomist wrote:
dcrlo3 wrote:3.62 167 DF 3/9 -- Any DF 3/9 get mail today?? I'm assuming not, but any encouraging words from similar stats? Seems right at medians.

no mail yet. i'm guessing my letter will arrive Saturday. i'm in northern californina. hopefully, we're in.
3.65, 170(retake), URM

I'm NV, would looovvvveee to be a trojan.. I was also retake.. uh oh.. you still in school? or working

working, sorta. not for money. but massive amounts of volunteer work. i'm looking for a job (that pays) now. i have to save up a little for the beginning of school.

edit: i took in September, then retook in December.

dcrlo3
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby dcrlo3 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:22 pm

foxyeconomist wrote:
dcrlo3 wrote:
foxyeconomist wrote:
dcrlo3 wrote:3.62 167 DF 3/9 -- Any DF 3/9 get mail today?? I'm assuming not, but any encouraging words from similar stats? Seems right at medians.

no mail yet. i'm guessing my letter will arrive Saturday. i'm in northern californina. hopefully, we're in.
3.65, 170(retake), URM

I'm NV, would looovvvveee to be a trojan.. I was also retake.. uh oh.. you still in school? or working

working, sorta. not for money. but massive amounts of volunteer work. i'm looking for a job (that pays) now. i have to save up a little for the beginning of school.

edit: i took in September, then retook in December.


Ya same deal but w/ paying job.. been outta school for yr. Need to pay off car loan! I took Feb. 08 retook Dec. 09 -- Tons Vol work and URM -- you're a lock 8)

ylee0331
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:18 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby ylee0331 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:23 pm

Today in my mail box.
3/5 DF - Reject
Expected. But, hurting.

musicfor18
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby musicfor18 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:25 pm

ylee0331 wrote:Today in my mail box.
3/5 DF - Reject
Expected. But, hurting.


What were your numbers?

User avatar
foxyeconomist
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby foxyeconomist » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:03 pm

dcrlo3 wrote:
foxyeconomist wrote:working, sorta. not for money. but massive amounts of volunteer work. i'm looking for a job (that pays) now. i have to save up a little for the beginning of school.

edit: i took in September, then retook in December.


Ya same deal but w/ paying job.. been outta school for yr. Need to pay off car loan! I took Feb. 08 retook Dec. 09 -- Tons Vol work and URM -- you're a lock 8)

I hope we both are. (Fingers crossed, just because there's nothing else I can do at this point.)

User avatar
1800calturk
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:32 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby 1800calturk » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:56 pm

OneKnight wrote:
danidancer wrote:
OneKnight wrote:
danidancer wrote:Shocker. Still at "Complete 11/24." UGH, USC!


USC = Unusually Slow Committee

My going theory on 166 is that someone on the adcomm had a traumatic incident with the number since last cycle and can't bring him or herself to look at our applications :P


Haha, does your theory hold for 168ers too?


Although my theory is based on the gaping hole on LSN for 166ers, I think it might hold true for certain areas of 168 without much data (e.g. 3.3-3.6). Possibly it's just certain number combinations that put the adcomms on edge. Maybe they're numerologists and we've inadvertently given them the numerological equivalent of the finger??

I just. don't. know.


Or maybe these unholy number combinations offend their pagan deities.

KIM_SAYS:
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:16 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby KIM_SAYS: » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:33 am

Looks like the 3/5 DF batch was indeed the rejected batch. Just got my letter today.

User avatar
Havaianas
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Havaianas » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:00 am

KIM_SAYS: wrote:Looks like the 3/5 DF batch was indeed the rejected batch. Just got my letter today.


sorry:(

User avatar
foxyeconomist
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby foxyeconomist » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:00 pm

I just got an email from the financial aid office requesting more information. It has a USC ID on it. Anyone else? I assume this means I'm in.

Edit: I spoke too soon. I couldn't login to fill out the supplemental form. Weird.

User avatar
davidicus
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby davidicus » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Went DF 3/9 and just got an email about financial aid. No letter yet...any guesses?

User avatar
moonshine
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 10:35 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby moonshine » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:44 pm

Anyone get the rothman letter on the east coast? Anyone been named a finalist yet?

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby existenz » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:58 pm

foxyeconomist wrote:I just got an email from the financial aid office requesting more information. It has a USC ID on it. Anyone else? I assume this means I'm in.

Edit: I spoke too soon. I couldn't login to fill out the supplemental form. Weird.

I think you're in if they sent you a USC ID#. Congrats!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: henryyou and 8 guests