USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
49erjo

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:01 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby 49erjo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:56 am

Hey good people,

New to the forum so I apologize I'm asking what might be conventional wisdom by now. For those of you who have already been accepted/denied/waitlisted, how long did it take you to receive your decision via mail after going DF on the status checker? I know it varies based on where you are in the country, but *generally* speaking... Are we talking within a week? Or more like two weeks?

I just went decision finalized on 2/1 but I'm going out of town in a few days. It would be great to have a decision before I take off. The suspense is killing me!

Good luck to you all. Go Saints.

mdgold

New
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby mdgold » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:58 am

Have been complete for a while (sometime in November).

Was wondering what people's indexes are and their status? Haven't seen anything in this thread about what a good/bad index might be.

finalaspects

Gold
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:09 am

49erjo wrote:Hey good people,

New to the forum so I apologize I'm asking what might be conventional wisdom by now. For those of you who have already been accepted/denied/waitlisted, how long did it take you to receive your decision via mail after going DF on the status checker? I know it varies based on where you are in the country, but *generally* speaking... Are we talking within a week? Or more like two weeks?

I just went decision finalized on 2/1 but I'm going out of town in a few days. It would be great to have a decision before I take off. The suspense is killing me!

Good luck to you all. Go Saints.


for some people i believe it has taken 2 weeks... they might not have mailed the letter yet as for some it was dated a few days after DF.

User avatar
anniesaysrelax

New
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:04 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby anniesaysrelax » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:57 am

49erjo wrote:Hey good people,

New to the forum so I apologize I'm asking what might be conventional wisdom by now. For those of you who have already been accepted/denied/waitlisted, how long did it take you to receive your decision via mail after going DF on the status checker? I know it varies based on where you are in the country, but *generally* speaking... Are we talking within a week? Or more like two weeks?

I just went decision finalized on 2/1 but I'm going out of town in a few days. It would be great to have a decision before I take off. The suspense is killing me!

Good luck to you all. Go Saints.


Who Dat!

Also, I'm in New Orleans and it I went DF on 1/11, received the letter 1/14.

User avatar
smacroon

New
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby smacroon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:26 am

49erjo wrote:Hey good people,

New to the forum so I apologize I'm asking what might be conventional wisdom by now. For those of you who have already been accepted/denied/waitlisted, how long did it take you to receive your decision via mail after going DF on the status checker? I know it varies based on where you are in the country, but *generally* speaking... Are we talking within a week? Or more like two weeks?

I just went decision finalized on 2/1 but I'm going out of town in a few days. It would be great to have a decision before I take off. The suspense is killing me!

Good luck to you all. Go Saints.


Took 8 days to reach NYC. Good luck! Please please take Manning down.

Neelio

Silver
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Neelio » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:53 pm

anybody have any predictions as to when the 01/08 IR crowd will FINALLY get their DF status change?

User avatar
sandiecohen47

Bronze
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby sandiecohen47 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Neelio wrote:anybody have any predictions as to when the 01/08 IR crowd will FINALLY get their DF status change?


Hey Neelio! I was in the 01/08 IR group and just received my DF status change on Monday (02/01). No idea what it means and I probably won't know until Friday or Saturday at the earliest.

Neelio

Silver
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Neelio » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:02 pm

sandiecohen47 wrote:
Neelio wrote:anybody have any predictions as to when the 01/08 IR crowd will FINALLY get their DF status change?


Hey Neelio! I was in the 01/08 IR group and just received my DF status change on Monday (02/01). No idea what it means and I probably won't know until Friday or Saturday at the earliest.


I think it means I'm gonna get the axe. Good luck though!

User avatar
cardinalandgold

Silver
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby cardinalandgold » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:03 pm

Just went complete at USC in the middle of last week. For those that have gone under review, how long did it take after going complete to go UR?

nyskidude

Bronze
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby nyskidude » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:10 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:Just went complete at USC in the middle of last week. For those that have gone under review, how long did it take after going complete to go UR?


Depends. Some went very quickly. Others, like myself, have been complete since 10/14.

User avatar
sandiecohen47

Bronze
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby sandiecohen47 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Neelio wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:
Neelio wrote:anybody have any predictions as to when the 01/08 IR crowd will FINALLY get their DF status change?


Hey Neelio! I was in the 01/08 IR group and just received my DF status change on Monday (02/01). No idea what it means and I probably won't know until Friday or Saturday at the earliest.


I think it means I'm gonna get the axe. Good luck though!


I wouldn't be so sure since no news seems to be good news this cycle. I'll report back. :-)

User avatar
existenz

Silver
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby existenz » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:43 pm

Got the letter today! I'm in!!!!

DR 2/1 Woo-hoo! Definitely one of my top choices.

finalaspects

Gold
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:44 pm

existenz wrote:Got the letter today! I'm in!!!!

DR 2/1 Woo-hoo! Definitely one of my top choices.


seems like all 2/1 DRs are acceptances. congrats!

User avatar
cardinalandgold

Silver
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby cardinalandgold » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:44 pm

existenz wrote:Got the letter today! I'm in!!!!

DR 2/1 Woo-hoo! Definitely one of my top choices.

Congrats!

User avatar
calicocat

Silver
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby calicocat » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Still complete 11/30. Should I ask? Anyone else still not IR who applied mid Nov?

User avatar
holybartender

Bronze
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby holybartender » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Oli wrote:Still complete 11/30. Should I ask? Anyone else still not IR who applied mid Nov?


Complete 11/23.

User avatar
calicocat

Silver
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby calicocat » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:48 pm

holybartender wrote:
Oli wrote:Still complete 11/30. Should I ask? Anyone else still not IR who applied mid Nov?


Complete 11/23.


I got the rothman invite. Did you? I just think it's a really long time since they've confirmed receipt of my Rothman application but won't put me under review.

jsbr1114

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:09 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby jsbr1114 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:49 pm

existenz wrote:Got the letter today! I'm in!!!!

DR 2/1 Woo-hoo! Definitely one of my top choices.



Where do you live? I'm DR 2/1 as well but on the east coast.

User avatar
holybartender

Bronze
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby holybartender » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Oli wrote:
holybartender wrote:
Oli wrote:Still complete 11/30. Should I ask? Anyone else still not IR who applied mid Nov?


Complete 11/23.


I got the rothman invite. Did you? I just think it's a really long time since they've confirmed receipt of my Rothman application but won't put me under review.


No, I have a feeling they laughed at my GPA when that discussion took place.

User avatar
calicocat

Silver
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby calicocat » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:50 pm

holybartender wrote:
Oli wrote:
holybartender wrote:
Oli wrote:Still complete 11/30. Should I ask? Anyone else still not IR who applied mid Nov?


Complete 11/23.


I got the rothman invite. Did you? I just think it's a really long time since they've confirmed receipt of my Rothman application but won't put me under review.


No, I have a feeling they laughed at my GPA when that discussion took place.


That's a pretty shiny LSAT you have there though.

finalaspects

Gold
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:51 pm

Oli wrote:
holybartender wrote:
Oli wrote:Still complete 11/30. Should I ask? Anyone else still not IR who applied mid Nov?


Complete 11/23.


I got the rothman invite. Did you? I just think it's a really long time since they've confirmed receipt of my Rothman application but won't put me under review.


no rothman invite has ever been rejected this year or last year to my knowledge. its only about time.

User avatar
hiromoto45

Silver
Posts: 690
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby hiromoto45 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Are most people IR for 3-4 weeks before a DR?

finalaspects

Gold
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby finalaspects » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:58 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:Are most people IR for 3-4 weeks before a DR?


some people wait longer. sometimes about 8 weeks...

User avatar
existenz

Silver
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby existenz » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:07 pm

jsbr1114 wrote:
existenz wrote:Got the letter today! I'm in!!!!

DR 2/1 Woo-hoo! Definitely one of my top choices.



Where do you live? I'm DR 2/1 as well but on the east coast.

SoCal. I'm guessing they mailed it 2/3.

BearTerritory

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:28 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby BearTerritory » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:24 pm

existenz, what are your numbers if you don't mind



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests