USC 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
galahad85
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby galahad85 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:54 pm

BearTerritory wrote:Hi, for those that submitted a while back and have not gone under review yet it is prob because of the way the admissions office does the reviewing. When I went to one of their info sessions, the dean indicated that they put the files in different piles according to an index number (lsat and gpa) and go from there.....those of us with slightly lower numbers will probably hear later.


Hmm... I have pretty high numbers though (high enough to warrant a Rothman invite), so this doesn't make sense. :?

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby sandiecohen47 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:43 am

Oh wow! DF 2/1! I don't know what this means... I really hope it's good news.
3.98/165. Complete 11/23, IR 1/8.

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby Mosca » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:48 am

sandiecohen47 wrote:Oh wow! DF 2/1! I don't know what this means... I really hope it's good news.
3.98/165. Complete 11/23, IR 1/8.

I'm sure you're in. Congrats! When did your status change?

amb123
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:33 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby amb123 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:19 am

Does the acceptance come in a packet or letter?

I just went to IR today, 3.61/165, hoping, but not expecting anything.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:20 am

amb123 wrote:Does the acceptance come in a packet or letter?

I just went to IR today, 3.61/165, hoping, but not expecting anything.


Mine came in a small envelope that could just as easily have been a ding, so don't be discouraged if it's small. My sister picked it up and said "Wow, it looks like USC rejected you!"

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby sandiecohen47 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:22 am

Mosca wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:Oh wow! DF 2/1! I don't know what this means... I really hope it's good news.
3.98/165. Complete 11/23, IR 1/8.

I'm sure you're in. Congrats! When did your status change?


I checked it at around 4pm EST. Then I checked it again at 11pm to find the new status. So, right at COB West Coast time.

madhatter01
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby madhatter01 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:24 am

amb123 wrote:Does the acceptance come in a packet or letter?

I just went to IR today, 3.61/165, hoping, but not expecting anything.


Best of luck :) When did your application go complete?

amb123
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:33 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby amb123 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:25 am

Thanks, that will make seeing the letter that much more bearable.

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby hiromoto45 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:29 am

misslawyer2013 wrote:
mlf1939 wrote:Complete: 12/10/09
IR: 1/28/10
DF: 2/1/10

168, 3.9, Rothman Invite

I'm really nervous that I was only in review for three days...that seems really fast, especially considering it took 6+ weeks to go IR. I'm really hoping for good news and that the letter arrives quickly!


IR: 1/22/10
DF: 2/1/10

Such a quick turn around. I'm nervous.


When did you submit your app ML2013?? I went IR 1/22/10

amb123
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:33 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby amb123 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:30 am

madhatter:

I completed my app in late November, and I have been complete since 12/11, I think. It's been an anxious month, because (according to LSAC's grid) I think I literally have a 50/50 chance of getting in. I have already been rejected from UCLA, so USC is my first choice. Just got my first acceptance from UC Hastings last week, so at least I'm in somewhere. Haha.

Did you apply to SC also? If so, what's your status?

misslawyer2013
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby misslawyer2013 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:32 am

hiromoto45 wrote:
misslawyer2013 wrote:
mlf1939 wrote:Complete: 12/10/09
IR: 1/28/10
DF: 2/1/10

168, 3.9, Rothman Invite

I'm really nervous that I was only in review for three days...that seems really fast, especially considering it took 6+ weeks to go IR. I'm really hoping for good news and that the letter arrives quickly!


IR: 1/22/10
DF: 2/1/10

Such a quick turn around. I'm nervous.


When did you submit your app ML2013?? I went IR 1/22/10


I was complete 10/26

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby hiromoto45 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:34 am

misslawyer2013 wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:
misslawyer2013 wrote:
mlf1939 wrote:Complete: 12/10/09
IR: 1/28/10
DF: 2/1/10

168, 3.9, Rothman Invite

I'm really nervous that I was only in review for three days...that seems really fast, especially considering it took 6+ weeks to go IR. I'm really hoping for good news and that the letter arrives quickly!


IR: 1/22/10
DF: 2/1/10

Such a quick turn around. I'm nervous.


When did you submit your app ML2013?? I went IR 1/22/10


I was complete 10/26


Okay so they could have been considering your file for a longer time. I was just wondering if we were in a batch or something.

madhatter01
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby madhatter01 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:35 am

amb123 wrote:madhatter:

I completed my app in late November, and I have been complete since 12/11, I think. It's been an anxious month, because (according to LSAC's grid) I think I literally have a 50/50 chance of getting in. I have already been rejected from UCLA, so USC is my first choice. Just got my first acceptance from UC Hastings last week, so at least I'm in somewhere. Haha.

Did you apply to SC also? If so, what's your status?


Thanks for the answer. I'm in a very very similar situation. I was rejected from UCLA too and USC is now my top choice. I can relate the the 50/50 feeling; 166/3.7 I've been complete since 11/1

Oh, and congratulations on Hastings!

amb123
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:33 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby amb123 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:40 am

Yeah, you have a much better chance, though. I was really disappointed with my score - 2/3 points higher (not absurd considering my ptest scores were averaging 168/169) and I would have been much more competitive at USC/Vandy/UCLA. If USC rejects me, I might as well have scored a 161, because that is the type of school I'll end up at.

madhatter01
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby madhatter01 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:44 am

amb123 wrote:Yeah, you have a much better chance, though. I was really disappointed with my score - 2/3 points higher (not absurd considering my ptest scores were averaging 168/169) and I would have been much more competitive at USC/Vandy/UCLA. If USC rejects me, I might as well have scored a 161, because that is the type of school I'll end up at.


I know the feeling. I should have cancelled my score because I basically panicked during the last logic game and didn't even fill in 5 questions and not surprisingly, I scored a lot lower than I scored on my ptests. But, you shouldn't despair yet! You said yourself that you have a 50% chance- time to think glass half full!

amb123
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:33 am

Re: USC 2010!

Postby amb123 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:16 am

Yeah, I know... I'm trying to haha.

squirtle
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby squirtle » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:10 am

IR 1/08, then IR 2/01....is this a bad sign?

misslawyer2013
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby misslawyer2013 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:19 pm

squirtle wrote:IR 1/08, then IR 2/01....is this a bad sign?

No

User avatar
softey
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:03 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby softey » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:47 pm

Sub: 12/17
Compl: 1/7

no word yet

User avatar
soccersmo
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby soccersmo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:22 pm

try thisss....
sub 11/03
comp 11/20

still nothing... USC I love you, please love me back.

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby msch0i » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:37 pm

are we throwing out our usc dates now? :D

submitted: 12/2
complete: 12/21

Also heard nothing.

...2nd place? 8)

Although...I'm sure the lack of word has something to do with the GPA-LSAT index someone mentioned earlier. I'm guessing I'll go in review sometime late Feb/early March...

RhubarbPie
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby RhubarbPie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:55 pm

BearTerritory wrote:Hi, for those that submitted a while back and have not gone under review yet it is prob because of the way the admissions office does the reviewing. When I went to one of their info sessions, the dean indicated that they put the files in different piles according to an index number (lsat and gpa) and go from there.....those of us with slightly lower numbers will probably hear later.


My LSAT is well above 75th, and GPA is pretty close to 75th. I got the Rothman invite. I'm still Complete as of Nov. 1st. Kind of retarded. :?

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby msch0i » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:56 pm

hykang wrote:
BearTerritory wrote:Hi, for those that submitted a while back and have not gone under review yet it is prob because of the way the admissions office does the reviewing. When I went to one of their info sessions, the dean indicated that they put the files in different piles according to an index number (lsat and gpa) and go from there.....those of us with slightly lower numbers will probably hear later.


My LSAT is well above 75th, and GPA is pretty close to 75th. I got the Rothman invite. I'm still Complete as of Nov. 1st. Kind of retarded. :?


sounds like you have pretty awesome numbers...is USC one of your top choices?

RhubarbPie
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby RhubarbPie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:09 am

msch0i wrote:
hykang wrote:
BearTerritory wrote:Hi, for those that submitted a while back and have not gone under review yet it is prob because of the way the admissions office does the reviewing. When I went to one of their info sessions, the dean indicated that they put the files in different piles according to an index number (lsat and gpa) and go from there.....those of us with slightly lower numbers will probably hear later.


My LSAT is well above 75th, and GPA is pretty close to 75th. I got the Rothman invite. I'm still Complete as of Nov. 1st. Kind of retarded. :?


sounds like you have pretty awesome numbers...is USC one of your top choices?


Its definitely not. If you're (kind of) subtly trying to asking me why I haven't withdrawn, I'm not interested in limiting my options.

User avatar
msch0i
Posts: 615
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: USC 2010!

Postby msch0i » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:17 am

hykang wrote:
msch0i wrote:
hykang wrote:
BearTerritory wrote:Hi, for those that submitted a while back and have not gone under review yet it is prob because of the way the admissions office does the reviewing. When I went to one of their info sessions, the dean indicated that they put the files in different piles according to an index number (lsat and gpa) and go from there.....those of us with slightly lower numbers will probably hear later.


My LSAT is well above 75th, and GPA is pretty close to 75th. I got the Rothman invite. I'm still Complete as of Nov. 1st. Kind of retarded. :?


sounds like you have pretty awesome numbers...is USC one of your top choices?


Its definitely not. If you're (kind of) subtly trying to asking me why I haven't withdrawn, I'm not interested in limiting my options.


not at all my intention :lol: I do, however, think you shouldn't read too much into simple questions :wink:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., Caddo16lake, Chipotle85, Exabot [Bot], Rich Uncle Skeleton, studyingeveryday, xnsch and 29 guests