USC 2010! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
unknownscholar

Bronze

Re: USC 2010!

Post by unknownscholar » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:43 am

Veritas wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:Hey good people.

This is a long shot for me, even with the fee waiver. Just thought Id share info for those who are especially waiting to hear from them, too.

In Review for less than a week. Sent LOCI via email yesterday morning. Acknowledged about an hour ago EST.
LOCI before even receiving a decision?
I was just going to say it's probs not the best idea....
I thought the LOCI was a good choice. My app has been complete since November.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:47 am

unknownscholar wrote:
Veritas wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
unknownscholar wrote:Hey good people.

This is a long shot for me, even with the fee waiver. Just thought Id share info for those who are especially waiting to hear from them, too.

In Review for less than a week. Sent LOCI via email yesterday morning. Acknowledged about an hour ago EST.
LOCI before even receiving a decision?
I was just going to say it's probs not the best idea....
I thought the LOCI was a good choice. My app has been complete since November.
i've been complete since october.

autumn80

New

Post by autumn80 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:47 pm

Complete since October. I think they're throwing me straight down the waitlist chute.

smacroon

New

Post by smacroon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:50 pm

Scholarship app email says they don't send notice of merit/fin aid money until late March? Is that true? Would be nice to have sommme idea a little before seat deposit days. ugh. :|

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:55 pm

autumn80 wrote:Complete since October. I think they're throwing me straight down the waitlist chute.
they wouldn't dare throw those cute bunnies down a chute.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WiretoWire09UF

New

Post by WiretoWire09UF » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:58 pm

smacroon wrote:Scholarship app email says they don't send notice of merit/fin aid money until late March? Is that true? Would be nice to have sommme idea a little before seat deposit days. ugh. :|

The email says that's when you'll receive your FULL financial aid package. Maybe I'm being overtly optimistic but it seemed to me as though they may do some merit scholarships first and then late march is when you see the entire picture in terms of loans, FAFSA money, pell grants, etc... Just a guess really. :)

anniesaysrelax

New

Post by anniesaysrelax » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:36 pm

Dear USC,

I just finished all my financial aid app forms. At least I hope I did. Please respond with some $$$ soon! Unless you want to make me a Rothman Finalist and eventual recipient. Then take as long as you need.

Love and kisses,

anniesaysrelax

Twix

New

Post by Twix » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:31 am

captainkirk wrote:
Oli wrote:
Twix wrote:
Oli wrote:Any Rothman invitees that applied in November still waiting to get an acceptance? Or go UR...goddamn it USC! I'm complete 11/30 applied mid nov
I'm in the same boat...complete 12/10, got the Rothman invite around that time, applied around mid-november.
Mind sharing your stats? You can PM if you want.
I got the Rothman invite, and am still stuck at complete 12/10, too...
FYI, I went IR this evening.

roxj

Bronze

Post by roxj » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:33 am

Finally got the acceptance letter today after going DF on 1/19. Stats in profile. Yay!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

luckyjd

Bronze

Post by luckyjd » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:40 am

roxj wrote:Finally got the acceptance letter today after going DF on 1/19. Stats in profile. Yay!
congrats! :)

attendantgodot

New

Post by attendantgodot » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:18 pm

roxj wrote:Finally got the acceptance letter today after going DF on 1/19. Stats in profile. Yay!
congrats! how long did it take you to go from IR to DF?

nyskidude

Bronze

Post by nyskidude » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:51 pm

You know, I'm kinda hoping that I stay complete for a couple more weeks. On Valentine's Day, I will be complete (not yet IR) for 4 months. I almost feel like that will be more of an accomplishment than getting in.

jgulia45

Bronze

Post by jgulia45 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Today got a call from a 3L ambassador asking if I had any questions. Not really any relevance just putting that out there. It was a nice touch. I'd rather have gotten a phone call saying I got some money...haha

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nazrix

New

Post by Nazrix » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:50 pm

Haha, I can probably guess who the 3L ambassador was, did it make you more likely, or less likely, to actually attend?

pearl_earrings

Bronze

Post by pearl_earrings » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:02 pm

Is anyone having trouble filling out the USC Law Scholars application?
I can get to the form via a link from an e-mail.... but I filled it all out, clicked "submit", and nothing happened! Tried switching from Safari to Firefox, but that didn't solve the problem.
Help?

anniesaysrelax

New

Post by anniesaysrelax » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:19 pm

pearl_earrings wrote:Is anyone having trouble filling out the USC Law Scholars application?
I can get to the form via a link from an e-mail.... but I filled it all out, clicked "submit", and nothing happened! Tried switching from Safari to Firefox, but that didn't solve the problem.
Help?
I filled it out in Safari, just wrote my responses and clicked submit. I got a little confirmation page, so I guess everything went through alright. I guess just save your responses in a word document and maybe try from a different computer or something. Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck!

Slansky

Bronze

Post by Slansky » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:25 pm

pearl_earrings wrote:Is anyone having trouble filling out the USC Law Scholars application?
Help?
What application is this? Is it for admitted students only?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

anniesaysrelax

New

Post by anniesaysrelax » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:36 pm

Slansky wrote:
Help?
Yeah, it's part of the financial aid application. You have to do the FAFSA, the Law Scholars app (which explains financial need), and then a third supplementary form.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:38 pm

anniesaysrelax wrote:
Slansky wrote:
Help?
Yeah, it's part of the financial aid application. You have to do the FAFSA, the Law Scholars app (which explains financial need), and then a third supplementary form.
guessing the law scholars app is filled out only when accepted?

pearl_earrings

Bronze

Post by pearl_earrings » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:49 pm

finalaspects wrote:
anniesaysrelax wrote:
Slansky wrote:
Help?
guessing the law scholars app is filled out only when accepted?
I think so (sorry - I didn't know of another thread to post this in).
I still haven't had any success with the online form. I guess I'll try again tomorrow! Any suggestions, let me know.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:03 pm

here's to the 1/8s getting good news this week!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:05 pm

Veritas wrote:here's to the 1/8s getting good news this week!!

What do you mean?

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:07 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:

What do you mean?
he's hoping the 1/8 IR to go to DR this week. its been about a month so it should be about time...

that and he wants it to be acceptances of course

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:11 pm

finalaspects wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:

What do you mean?
he's hoping the 1/8 IR to go to DR this week. its been about a month so it should be about time...

that and he wants it to be acceptances of course

Ok I was hoping he meant the ones that were received on 1/08...I guess I about 3 more weeks to wait

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:13 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:Ok I was hoping he meant the ones that were received on 1/08...I guess I about 3 more weeks to wait
unless you have auto-accept numbers or a URM, it'll be 3-6 weeks from going to complete to IR. then another 3-6 weeks or so for DR.

if you sent it in your apps on 1/8 you have a lot more to wait than just 3 weeks..

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”