Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby DeeCee » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:12 am

subtle wrote:
DeeCee wrote:Tough rev-splitter love: I got the WL at Penn.



Sorry to hear about the waitlist, but the way you wrote it makes me giggle. I got the WL makes it sound so sinister. Like, I got the herp. *sigh*


LOL, it does kind of sound like that. I also got the "reserve" at Cornell this week. Blah. 4 acceptances, 4 WLs, talk about annoying.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:27 am

Rejected @ USC. WTF?!?!?! So annoyed....was NOT expecting that in the least :?

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby DeeCee » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:28 am

Gotti wrote:Rejected @ USC. WTF?!?!?! So annoyed....was NOT expecting that in the least :?


I'm so sorry Gotti!!! :x :( You've been excited about hearing from them forever.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:31 am

DeeCee wrote:
Gotti wrote:Rejected @ USC. WTF?!?!?! So annoyed....was NOT expecting that in the least :?


I'm so sorry Gotti!!! :x :( You've been excited about hearing from them forever.

Oh it's cool...as bad as this sounds, I'm KINDA glad I didn't get in...makes the decision to follow my man to NYC a little easier... :)

The glass is half full!!

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby Gemini » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:34 am

You know how I feel about USC. :?

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby mss455 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:05 pm

IN @ Tulane, Wisconsin, Lewis & Clark and LSU so far !!!!

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:17 pm

mss455 wrote:IN @ Tulane, Wisconsin, Lewis & Clark and LSU so far !!!!


Congrats!!!

And Gotti, sorry about USC :(

I'm sure the same fate will await me there. I was WL at Hastings yesterday.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:40 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
mss455 wrote:IN @ Tulane, Wisconsin, Lewis & Clark and LSU so far !!!!


Congrats!!!

And Gotti, sorry about USC :(

I'm sure the same fate will await me there. I was WL at Hastings yesterday.

wtff?? you were WL'd at Hastings!?!? That's just as shocking as me being dinged at USC :? I'm sorry!

I'll be withdrawing soon, hope you get my spot!

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:47 pm

I'm pretty sure she's withdrawing from that WL, too. LOL D:


USC has a hard-on for high LSAT scores. Not too shocked.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:53 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:USC has a hard-on for high LSAT scores. Not too shocked.

i was an ADMIT... 78% on lsp :(

mss455
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby mss455 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:04 pm

mss455 wrote:IN @ Tulane, Wisconsin, Lewis & Clark and LSU so far !!!!


Add Penn State to the List :-) and a WL at W&L !!!!

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13525
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby Flips88 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:09 pm

So far

In: GW, Wisconsin, William & Mary, American
Reject: None
WL: Penn, Illinois
Still waiting on: WUSTL, Vandy, Texas, Georgetown, Duke, Northwestern, UVA, Michigan, NYU, Berkeley

User avatar
Gemini
Posts: 1943
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby Gemini » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:12 pm

Flips88 wrote:So far

In: GW, Wisconsin, William & Mary, American
Reject: None
WL: Penn, Illinois
Still waiting on: WUSTL, Vandy, Texas, Georgetown, Duke, Northwestern, UVA, Michigan, NYU, Berkeley


Nice list! I'll do the same (good idea!):

In: Fordham, Temple, Pitt, Villanova, GW, Wake Forest
Reject: Cornell
WL: Minnesota, Vanderbilt
Waiting on: BC, BU, WUSTL, and W&M.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:21 pm

me too me too:

In: Fordham, GW, BU, Hastings, UMN ($28k/yr)
Out: GULC, USC
WL: UIUC, Penn, UVA
Waiting on: Stanford, Berkeley, NYU, Michigan, Cornell, UCLA, Northwestern (HELD)

& Gem...wtf how did you get WL at UMN? :? These schools, man...they make no sense!

User avatar
pfrieden
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:31 am

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby pfrieden » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:04 pm

In the same boat as all of you. Hoping Penn comes through for me, but not expecting anything. I've been very lucky so far. There must have been something in my application that caught someones eye at these places. Maybe the same can happen at Penn (pretty please)?

In: W&L (full scholarship), George Mason, Cardozo ($32k/yr), Illinois ($20k/yr), Iowa, Penn State ($25k/yr), Maryland and Drexel (full scholarship).
Waiting on: Temple, Villanova, Rutgers-Camden, Cornell, and Penn

User avatar
YankeesFan
Posts: 533
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby YankeesFan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:14 pm

So far:

In at Wake Forest ($15,000/year), George Mason, Maryland, Villanova ($20,000/year), Hofstra ($40,000/year), Seton Hall ($35,000/year), Catholic ($14,500+)
WL: W&L (withdrawn), American, GW
Rejected: UVa

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby subtle » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:35 pm

So far:

In: NYU, Duke, GULC, Northeastern
Out: GW
WL: None
Waiting: Yale (LOL), Harvard (LOL), Columbia, Penn, Cornell, BU, William and Mary, Fordham, Brooklyn

User avatar
DeeCee
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby DeeCee » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:35 pm

So far:

In: UNC, American, Maryland, and Northeastern
WL: GW, UVa, Penn, Cornell
Ding: Georgetown
No word: Michigan

I'd put money on me being WL at the entire MVP.

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby queenlizzie13 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:06 pm

Here's mine so far:

In: UNC, CU Boulder, W&L, American, GMU, Kentucky, Richmond, Loyola, and OSU
WL: UVA, GWU, and Hastings
Waiting on: USC, Boalt, Davis, Oregon, W&M, and BC

Also weirdly enough while I was "strong consider" for Hastings and BC (held), I was only at "consider" for CU, OSU, W&L, and GMU.

User avatar
Gotti
Posts: 3436
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby Gotti » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:16 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:Here's mine so far:

In: UNC, CU Boulder, W&L, American, GMU, Kentucky, Richmond, Loyola, and OSU
WL: UVA, GWU, and Hastings
Waiting on: USC, Boalt, Davis, Oregon, W&M, and BC

Also weirdly enough while I was "strong consider" for Hastings and BC (held), I was only at "consider" for CU, OSU, W&L, and GMU.

lol i was an admit for USC :(

congrats on all those acceptances!

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:39 pm

In: UC Davis, UC Hastings, U Wash ($), BU, Cardozo, Pacific ($$$$), UVA, Minnesota
WL: UCLA, USC, Penn
Out: BC, Stanford, Cornell
hold: Northwestern
Comm Review: Boalt

D:

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:39 pm

Gotti wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:USC has a hard-on for high LSAT scores. Not too shocked.

i was an ADMIT... 78% on lsp :(


I was an admit for BC too. LSP is horrible for rev. splits.

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:In: UC Davis, UC Hastings, U Wash ($), BU, Cardozo, Pacific ($$$$), UVA, Minnesota
WL: UCLA, USC, Penn
Out: BC, Stanford, Cornell
hold: Northwestern
Comm Review: Boalt

D:


Aggie you got into UVA? Nice! But are you still leaning toward UW? I would go to UVA, but that's just my personal preference.

subtle
Posts: 927
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:43 am

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby subtle » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:42 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:USC has a hard-on for high LSAT scores. Not too shocked.

i was an ADMIT... 78% on lsp :(


I was an admit for BC too. LSP is horrible for rev. splits.



LSP is horrible for rev. splitters and URMs. Combine them and LSP is shit.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:49 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:In: UC Davis, UC Hastings, U Wash ($), BU, Cardozo, Pacific ($$$$), UVA, Minnesota
WL: UCLA, USC, Penn
Out: BC, Stanford, Cornell
hold: Northwestern
Comm Review: Boalt

D:


Aggie you got into UVA? Nice! But are you still leaning toward UW? I would go to UVA, but that's just my personal preference.


Yeah they took me off the wait-list and admitted me. I am not at all interested in going. I'd rather shove nails under my fingernails than ever live in the south, and I just don't believe UVA would offer me the same opportunity to practice on the west coast that UW does (not to mention the price tag difference). UW's 50% tuition reduction for veterans is just too much to beat. It was good for my ego to be admitted, but meh. I hate that entire geographic area.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajoelles, cyclawps, xn3345 and 10 guests