Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jaydizzle

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby jaydizzle » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:57 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:Are any of you fellow reverse splitters being wait listed like crazy?

Wow! You are quite lucky with BU... I could see UW, but BU is a surprise. BC sucks anyway. :D

Numbers-wise, I am definitely more in UW's range, so yeah, BU was a shock.

Not sure how I feel about it though. I don't want to rank-whore over staying true to where I want to practice. =/

Yeah, wise decision. Go where you want to practice. I'm still waiting on my #1.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:29 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:Are any of you fellow reverse splitters being wait listed like crazy?

Wow! You are quite lucky with BU... I could see UW, but BU is a surprise. BC sucks anyway. :D

Not sure how I feel about it though. I don't want to rank-whore over staying true to where I want to practice. =/

Congrats on BU though, aggie! That is awesome. Even if you don't go at least you can say you got in!

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:21 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

Ooh BU is quite exciting. Yeah that whole hold business at NU is so strange. I don't get it at all. BUT hopefully you will get in! Where exactly do you want to practice?

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:29 am

Ooh BU is quite exciting. Yeah that whole hold business at NU is so strange. I don't get it at all. BUT hopefully you will get in! Where exactly do you want to practice?

The hold, as it was explained by the Harvard dean on here (or on a blog, which was linked here, I can't remember...) is better than a WL, because they promise to review your application before a certain time to render a decision (which means you won't necessarily rot forever on a WL without hearing anything) AND they plan to accept X % of students from the Hold list, so it's not really like WL at all. Still not a green light, but still.

I am all about the west coast, particularly northern California, but I love the PNW so Seattle / Olympia would be fine with me. I don't really care for the midwest or the east coast whatsoever.

subtle

Postby subtle » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:37 am

*sigh* Why am I still on this site? I could/should be doing something productive. I just keep refreshing. How are you all?

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:46 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

The hold, as it was explained by the Harvard dean on here (or on a blog, which was linked here, I can't remember...) is better than a WL, because they promise to review your application before a certain time to render a decision (which means you won't necessarily rot forever on a WL without hearing anything) AND they plan to accept X % of students from the Hold list, so it's not really like WL at all. Still not a green light, but still.

I am all about the west coast, particularly northern California, but I love the PNW so Seattle / Olympia would be fine with me. I don't really care for the midwest or the east coast whatsoever.

Interesting. I wonder if that is similar to being deferred to the RD pool for ED applicants. (ie Georgetown for me...)
I thoroughly agree with your geographic preferences =) Although I'd be willing to give Chicago, DC, or Austin a try.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:15 am

Interesting. I wonder if that is similar to being deferred to the RD pool for ED applicants. (ie Georgetown for me...)
I thoroughly agree with your geographic preferences =) Although I'd be willing to give Chicago, DC, or Austin a try.

I think it is kind of like the ED--->RD pool.

Austin is terrible. Texas is an awful state. I like Chicago a lot, but all that snow? Yuck. :X

subtle

Postby subtle » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:18 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

I think it is kind of like the ED--->RD pool.

Austin is terrible. Texas is an awful state. I like Chicago a lot, but all that snow? Yuck. :X

Snowmageddon

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:57 am

texas is an awful state. but have you ever been to austin? it is NOTHING like the rest of texas haha. its like a special lil bubble haha

subtle

Postby subtle » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:04 am

My parents went to UT. They said that that Austin is great, but it's still in Texas.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:07 am

swimmergirl1303 wrote:texas is an awful state. but have you ever been to austin? it is NOTHING like the rest of texas haha. its like a special lil bubble haha

Outside of 6th street, Austin has nothing...

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:50 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:texas is an awful state. but have you ever been to austin? it is NOTHING like the rest of texas haha. its like a special lil bubble haha

Outside of 6th street, Austin has nothing...

Uhhhhh...

--ImageRemoved--

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:11 am

Oooh... a MUSIC FESTIVAL!!!

My bad. I was unaware that Austin had such a unique thing as a music festival.

Wow.

spacepenguin

Postby spacepenguin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:16 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Oooh... a MUSIC FESTIVAL!!!

Wow.

You must be a lot of fun to hang around with...

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:02 pm

Wow.

ACL is one of the top festival in the world. The only ones that are as good or well known as it are Lollapalooza and Bonnaroo. I've never been to Austin and I know that it has one of the best music scenes in the U.S.

Seriously, if you think live music is boring, then you are missing out and don't sound very fun

neonx

Postby neonx » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:03 pm

Flips88 wrote:

Wow.

ACL is one of the top festival in the world. The only ones that are as good or well known as it are Lollapalooza and Bonnaroo. I've never been to Austin and I know that it has one of the best music scenes in the U.S.

Seriously, if you think live music is boring, then you are missing out and don't sound very fun

Dude, the music scene in Austin is awesome! If I don't end up going to UT, all the fun concerts alone will make me somewhat regretful.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:08 am

I suppose you've got me there... I am not much fun. I like to read books and rock climb/run/swim. LOL.

Fancy pants music festivals hold absolutely no grandeur for me. Just a bunch of rowdy, smelly, probably drunk people packed together pretending to have a good time while listening to mostly awful music.

akili

Postby akili » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:29 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I suppose you've got me there... I am not much fun. I like to read books and rock climb/run/swim. LOL.

Fancy pants music festivals hold absolutely no grandeur for me. Just a bunch of rowdy, smelly, probably drunk people packed together pretending to have a good time while listening to mostly awful music.

As an Austinite who lived in the NW I would say Austin is very similar to Portland in it's feel. Austin is super outdoorsy and has a great running and triathlon community (prob because you never need a wetsuit). Austin is also the home of SUPing which is like kayaking on a surfboard. Run Town Lake and then try to hate Austin. I strongly strongly dislike hot weather but Austin might be worth it for me.

I'm not a reverse splitter anymore but this thread is still tagged for me and I wanted to stick up for Austin

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:30 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:I suppose you've got me there... I am not much fun. I like to read books and rock climb/run/swim. LOL.

Well seeing as I've been to 7 music festivals, let me show you what kind of "mostly awful music" I've seen. And I've never been to ACL but have always wanted to and if I lived in Austin, I would not hesitate one second about going. To me there's something great about singing your heart out in a crowd of 70,000 people to the song you love.

I'm sure you don't care about any of these acts, but I think your concept of a music festival is highly skewed. Don't knock it till you try it.

So without further ado, my festival pictures of awesomeness.

Lady Gaga

MGMT

Arcade Fire

The Killers

Kings of Leon

Santigold

Ben Harper & Relentless7

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Vampire Weekend

Rage Against the Machine

Gnarls Barkley

Kanye

The Black Keys

The Raconteurs

Radiohead

neonx

Postby neonx » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:32 am

Flips88 wrote:

Well seeing as I've been to 7 music festivals, let me show you what kind of "mostly awful music" I've seen. And I've never been to ACL but have always wanted to and if I lived in Austin, I would not hesitate one second about going. To me there's something great about singing your heart out in a crowd of 70,000 people to the song you love.

I'm sure you don't care about any of these acts, but I think your concept of a music festival is highly skewed. Don't knock it till you try it.

So without further ado, my festival pictures of awesomeness.

Lady Gaga

MGMT

Arcade Fire

The Killers

Kings of Leon

Santigold

Ben Harper & Relentless7

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Vampire Weekend

Rage Against the Machine

Gnarls Barkley

Kanye

The Black Keys

The Raconteurs

Radiohead

I. Friggen. Love. You.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:33 am

Hm, I see, bands that entail a lot of yelling and screaming and/or wearing weird things on their head as part of their act.

Neato.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:34 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Hm, I see, bands that entail a lot of yelling and screaming and/or wearing weird things on their head as part of their act.

Neato.

Lol wut?

akili

Postby akili » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:37 am

Flips88 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Hm, I see, bands that entail a lot of yelling and screaming and/or wearing weird things on their head as part of their act.

Neato.

Lol wut?

I went to ACL once in high school and it was so legit. This past year was even better but the October test was right over it. Definitely go if you can!

Ps sick pictures. I would love to see the Killers

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:14 pm

Tough rev-splitter love: I got the WL at Penn.

subtle

Postby subtle » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:56 pm

DeeCee wrote:Tough rev-splitter love: I got the WL at Penn.

Sorry to hear about the waitlist, but the way you wrote it makes me giggle. I got the WL makes it sound so sinister. Like, I got the herp. *sigh*

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”