Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
swimmergirl1303

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:12 am

Woah I can't believe that happened. That is truly awful. That's good that people were supportive of him at least!

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:15 am

subtle wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
No Liberty U or Ave Maria? haha

Uhm. So I go to Michigan, and I don't know how much any of you pay attention to what goes on here, but our student govn't president is the first openly gay president. He was getting harassed by the assistant attorney general of Michigan because he was pushing a gay agenda. Of course, shitface went to Ave Maria.

So even if I decide I were going to apply to Ave Maria (in some alternate world) I wouldn't.

Re: Hastings

I just didn't really want to go to California. =/

That's why i threw Ave Maria in there. Andrew Shirvell is a sniveling little bigoted douchenozzle

subtle

Postby subtle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:19 am

Flips88 wrote:
subtle wrote:
Flips88 wrote:
No Liberty U or Ave Maria? haha

Uhm. So I go to Michigan, and I don't know how much any of you pay attention to what goes on here, but our student govn't president is the first openly gay president. He was getting harassed by the assistant attorney general of Michigan because he was pushing a gay agenda. Of course, shitface went to Ave Maria.

So even if I decide I were going to apply to Ave Maria (in some alternate world) I wouldn't.

Re: Hastings

I just didn't really want to go to California. =/

That's why i threw Ave Maria in there. Andrew Shirvell is a sniveling little bigoted douchenozzle

Too, too true.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:27 am

subtle wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

Too, too true.

The way students trolled him on his facebook was hilarious, convincing him that they had this huge gay orgy. It was so obvious to everyone but him apparently

subtle

Postby subtle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:33 am

Flips88 wrote:
subtle wrote:
Flips88 wrote:

Too, too true.

The way students trolled him on his facebook was hilarious, convincing him that they had this huge gay orgy. It was so obvious to everyone but him apparently

He's not the brightest.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:30 am

In at YOUUU DUBBBBBBB!!!!

subtle

Postby subtle » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:32 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:In at YOUUU DUBBBBBBB!!!!

Congrats!!!! I have no new reverse-splitter love to report.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:44 am

subtle wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:In at YOUUU DUBBBBBBB!!!!

Congrats!!!! I have no new reverse-splitter love to report.

Booooo =-[

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:58 am

I got $28k to UMN!! I'm not going to take it, but still, it's a lot for someone 3 pts under median!

akikaze

Postby akikaze » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:13 am

I have to ask: was it not painfully obvious to everyone and their mom that Andrew Shirvell himself is incredibly closeted? He's one of the most flaming guys I've ever seen! (And I live in San Francisco!)

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:31 am

Gotti wrote:I got $28k to UMN!! I'm not going to take it, but still, it's a lot for someone 3 pts under median!

Yeah pretty dang nice, they offered me nothin'!!!

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:32 am

Congrats Aggie and Gotti! Aggie are you leaning more towards UW now? What's the difference in COA for both schools?

Gotti, where are you likely headed?

PS, if any of my fellow reverse splitters want photoshopped avatars, like mine, I will be happy to make one. Just give me the picture and the size you want it. Mine is 100 x 100.

subtle

Postby subtle » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:47 am

akikaze wrote:I have to ask: was it not painfully obvious to everyone and their mom that Andrew Shirvell himself is incredibly closeted? He's one of the most flaming guys I've ever seen! (And I live in San Francisco!)

I think it was obvious to the world that he was basically saying, "I hate him because he gets to be gay, out of the closet, and successful. I'm jealous."

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:18 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
Gotti wrote:I got $28k to UMN!! I'm not going to take it, but still, it's a lot for someone 3 pts under median!

Yeah pretty dang nice, they offered me nothin'!!!

:? that's weird with your GPA...and if your LSAT is only 2 pts below mine, that's VERY strange because 28k is like almost 3/4 scholly...did you write a Why UMN or any extra essays? I did and I think maybe that's why they gave me so much $. No idea though.
BTW congrats on UW!

queenlizze13 wrote:Congrats Aggie and Gotti! Aggie are you leaning more towards UW now? What's the difference in COA for both schools?

I don't know yet...I'm only into UMN, Hastings, BU & GW. No luck from GULC and WL'd @ Penn so right now, it's between BU & GW but hopefully NU pulls through?? I'm seriously hoping for it, it has risen to be one of my toptoptop choices. I'll go there at sticker. Like govorett, I'd give my first child to NU for an acceptance...........jk...kinda

How bout you? Where do you think you stand right now?

gov

Postby gov » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:41 pm

Gotti wrote:I don't know yet...I'm only into UMN, Hastings, BU & GW. No luck from GULC and WL'd @ Penn so right now, it's between BU & GW but hopefully NU pulls through?? I'm seriously hoping for it, it has risen to be one of my toptoptop choices. I'll go there at sticker. Like govorett, I'd give my first child to NU for an acceptance...........jk...kinda

wait to put me on blast Gotti ;)

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:09 pm

govorett wrote:
Gotti wrote:I don't know yet...I'm only into UMN, Hastings, BU & GW. No luck from GULC and WL'd @ Penn so right now, it's between BU & GW but hopefully NU pulls through?? I'm seriously hoping for it, it has risen to be one of my toptoptop choices. I'll go there at sticker. Like govorett, I'd give my first child to NU for an acceptance...........jk...kinda

wait to put me on blast Gotti ;)

<33

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:56 pm

Lizzie: CoA for UW is way less than Hastings owing to two things: 1. It's not as expensive to live near UW as it is to live ANYWHERE near Hastings that I won't need to wear my interceptor armor to walk around after dark, and 2. even for non-resident tuition, it's 7k cheaper than Hastings (and that's before Hastings' tuition goes up again which it probably will, since it's a UC LOL) and after 1L, I'll be a resident and tuition would be $22,000(!) which is pretty much half of what 2L would cost me @ Hastings.

BUT, I lose my SF ties, and it will require a lot of moving parts to be coordinated and such. I also <3 California (except the politics and such)... so I dunno.

The Gates PSL would obviously be an instant decision maker for me and since neither UW nor Hastings do Yellow Ribbon at least that part of my equation is simplified.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:41 pm

Gotti wrote:
queenlizze13 wrote:Congrats Aggie and Gotti! Aggie are you leaning more towards UW now? What's the difference in COA for both schools?

I don't know yet...I'm only into UMN, Hastings, BU & GW. No luck from GULC and WL'd @ Penn so right now, it's between BU & GW but hopefully NU pulls through?? I'm seriously hoping for it, it has risen to be one of my toptoptop choices. I'll go there at sticker. Like govorett, I'd give my first child to NU for an acceptance...........jk...kinda

I hope BC accepts me, but not counting on it. Definitely not counting on Boalt/USC/UNC either. Even if I get either Davis/Hastings I will still probably be headed to CU. That's my #1 right now out of the acceptances I have so far.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:45 pm

last week I was WL at UVa...... 157/3.95

I know this isn't exactly "reverse-splitter love" but I thought it was pretty damn close being as UVa usually straight rejects such low LSATs!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:48 pm

DeeCee wrote:last week I was WL at UVa...... 157/3.95

I know this isn't exactly "reverse-splitter love" but I thought it was pretty damn close being as UVa usually straight rejects such low LSATs!

Are you going to pursue their WL (visits, etc?)

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:52 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

Meant to say I'm OOS and Cuban URM earlier, though most people don't consider Cubans to be URM. I really want to pursue the WL. I think I'll at least drive there and visit, and then write a LOCI about it. But, I'm hoping to hear from UNC soon (I'm in-state), because their 17k tuition could tilt my decision if I'm accepted.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:56 pm

DeeCee wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

Meant to say I'm OOS and Cuban URM earlier, though most people don't consider Cubans to be URM. I really want to pursue the WL. I think I'll at least drive there and visit, and then write a LOCI about it. But, I'm hoping to hear from UNC soon (I'm in-state), because their 17k tuition could tilt my decision if I'm accepted.

Wow, 17k! That is awesome...

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:02 pm

Ahhh the long-awaited ding letter from Stanford.

I have been expecting you.

subtle

Postby subtle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Ahhh the long-awaited ding letter from Stanford.

I have been expecting you.

:(

Even so, sorry to hear that.

DeeCee

Postby DeeCee » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:44 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
DeeCee wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

Wow, 17k! That is awesome...

Just heard from UNC!! I'm in!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”