Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
queenlizzie13

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:21 am

subtle wrote:It's the whole not knowing thing. For undergrad, I knew on a certain date at a certain time I was going to have an emailed decision in my inbox, and on that date at that time, there it was.

Congrats Aggie on Minn!!

And yeah the rolling admissions process means that you don't know when you could get a decision. That's why I loved the way W&L does it. You know the decision is going to come out on Thursday and roughly what time it will come out.

Waiting for USC/Boalt is making me go crazy.

lilliea

Postby lilliea » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:58 pm

pinkcamellia wrote:
lilliea wrote:Add two more schools to the list of schools that like me, but can't quite offer me admission. UVA and GW both put me on their waitlists today.

Hey, a WL isn't a ding! Hang in there. :D

:D Good luck on the W&L interview!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:11 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
subtle wrote:It's the whole not knowing thing. For undergrad, I knew on a certain date at a certain time I was going to have an emailed decision in my inbox, and on that date at that time, there it was.

Congrats Aggie on Minn!!

And yeah the rolling admissions process means that you don't know when you could get a decision. That's why I loved the way W&L does it. You know the decision is going to come out on Thursday and roughly what time it will come out.

Thanks Liz!!! =-]

W&L and UIUC both have very nice systems where you know, with a small degree of precision, when the decision will come.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:12 pm

Aggie, the news on my front has been less than good.

WL @ Minn and ding @ Cornell.

I'm praying as hard as I can that at least ONE of my Boston schools come through.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:15 pm

Gemini wrote:Aggie, the news on my front has been less than good.

I'm praying as hard as I can that at least ONE of my Boston schools come through.

Cornell red-lined me too.

It's pretty rough out there =-/ Did you apply to Suffolk? That's in Boston area right?

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:19 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

It's pretty rough out there =-/ Did you apply to Suffolk? That's in Boston area right?

I applied to BC and BU because they're the only ones I want to go to in Boston. No Northeastern or Suffolk for me.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:08 pm

Gemini wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

I applied to BC and BU because they're the only ones I want to go to in Boston. No Northeastern or Suffolk for me.

LOL, fair enough :)

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:29 pm

I'm in at U Minnesota too!! Yay reverse splitters<3

Now if I can actually get into a school I really wanna go go... :?

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:11 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:

Congrats Aggie on Minn!!

+ 1 for both of these.

PS have ANY reverse splitters heard good news from USC UCLA or Berkeley? JW!

minuit

Postby minuit » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:25 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:

Congrats Aggie on Minn!!

+ 1 for both of these.

there is one girl on lsn with a 163/4.00 who got accepted to berkeley. i think her profile said half asian/half white, so not really a urm. that girl is awesome :)

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:50 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:

Congrats Aggie on Minn!!

+ 1 for both of these.

If you consider good news @ UCLA to = Wait List, then me! LOL D: I haven't heard a peep from Boalt, and I've been IR since 11/01, but then again, a lot of people have been waiting even longer than that.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:51 pm

Gotti wrote:I'm in at U Minnesota too!! Yay reverse splitters<3

Now if I can actually get into a school I really wanna go go... :?

Yep, that's the trouble...

I got a decision rendered on U Washington (snail mail only ugh!!! I hate schools that do that...) and I'm waiting impatiently for that. If they give me any $ at all, I'm likely going to go there.

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:54 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:

Congrats Aggie on Minn!!

+ 1 for both of these.

If you consider good news @ UCLA to = Wait List, then me! LOL D: I haven't heard a peep from Boalt, and I've been IR since 11/01, but then again, a lot of people have been waiting even longer than that.

Ah yes I forgot about that. You will have to keep us all posted! And is it wrong if I'm totally jealous of the girl who got into Boalt? Because I 100% am. I wonder when they will send out committee review emails. Hopefully we'll all make it that far!!!!

banjobob

Postby banjobob » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:01 pm

Last edited by banjobob on Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:21 pm

banjobob wrote:i think everyone over-exaggerates the negatives of being a reverse splitter. I have a 3.92/160 from a top school, so far ive been admitted a bunch of places including Illinois with 15k a year, and I was just recently waitlisted at Virginia. if you've got a stellar, flawless application besides your lsat, sometimes they are willing to look past it

I have a stellar, flawless application... My EC list is varied (sports, leadership positions, highest honors thesis, 4 years in the Army including 2 deployments with multiple decorations, public service [homeless shelter, dancing with the seniors, etc], and it goes on... and on...) and they don't give two craps. I had my PS read by 4 people all of whom possess the finest in academic pedigree (Yale, Oxford, Stanford, Berkeley), I had professors with whom I had great working relationships write my LoRs, and I triple-quadrupled checked all of the information in every. single. one. of my applications. There were no errors. I modified everything that needed to be modified for specific schools, followed every direction to the damn letter.

So, short of them just not liking the TOPIC of my personal statement (Which tied my military time with my ultimate desire to attend law school - Maybe that was a mistake, but has nothing to do with reverse splitting), or my relatively late LSAT (October), I just... don't buy it. I am not saying that you didn't have amazing ECs or that your cycle is just lucky or anything of THAT nature don't get me wrong. But I just cannot agree with you that numbers aren't the primary determining factor of LS admissions. I had several people including my NU interviewer tell me they hadn't seen an EC / activities, both academic and extra curricular, as long and varied as mine in a very long time.

The negatives are ABSOLUTELY not overstated in any way, shape, or form.

I just don't get why you say it is. But congrats nonetheless on UIUC :]
Last edited by Aggiegrad2011 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
banjobob wrote:i think everyone over-exaggerates the negatives of being a reverse splitter. I have a 3.92/160 from a top school, so far ive been admitted a bunch of places including Illinois with 15k a year, and I was just recently waitlisted at Virginia. if you've got a stellar, flawless application besides your lsat, sometimes they are willing to look past it

I have a stellar, flawless application... My EC list is varied (sports, leadership positions, highest honors thesis, 4 years in the Army including 2 deployments with multiple decorations, public service [homeless shelter, dancing with the seniors, etc], and it goes on... and on...) and they don't give two craps. I had my PS read by 4 people all of whom possess the finest in academic pedigree (Yale, Oxford, Stanford, Berkeley), I had professors with whom I had great working relationships write my LoRs, and I triple-quadrupled checked all of the information in every. single. one. of my applications. There were no errors. I modified everything that needed to be modified for specific schools, followed every direction to the damn letter.

So, short of them just not liking the TOPIC of my personal statement (Which tied my military time with my ultimate desire to attend law school), or my relatively late LSAT (October), I just... don't buy it. I am not saying that you didn't have amazing ECs or that your cycle is just lucky or anything of THAT nature don't get me wrong. But I just cannot agree with you that numbers aren't the primary determining factor of LS admissions. I had several people including my NU interviewer tell me they hadn't seen an EC / activities, both academic and extra curricular, as long and varied as mine in a very long time.

I just don't get it. But congrats nonetheless on UIUC :]

It's those damned USNWR rankings. They have to care about those first and about getting genuinely interesting and well-rounded students second.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:26 pm

It's those damned USNWR rankings. They have to care about those first and about getting genuinely interesting and well-rounded students second.

Kinda, yeah. But here's this guy saying he got into Illinois and a bunch of other schools that we all got WL'd at so who knows right? =p

Maybe all the schools thought I was hacking because I had a >4.00 LSAC GPA. I dunno. :(

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:30 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

Kinda, yeah. But here's this guy saying he got into Illinois and a bunch of other schools that we all got WL'd at so who knows right? =p

Maybe all the schools thought I was hacking because I had a >4.00 LSAC GPA. I dunno. :(

I graduated with a 4.0 and highest honors and Illinois WL'd my butt. It may have been because it was the very first app I submitted with a PS that I greatly edited afterwards. However, GW let me in with the same PS. So who knows. This whole process is messed up.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:41 pm

This whole process is messed up.

So very true. =[

lilliea

Postby lilliea » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
This whole process is messed up.

So very true. =[

+180

subtle

Postby subtle » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:58 pm

In at NYU, Duke, and GULC!!!!! Out at GW. :(

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:00 pm

subtle wrote:In at NYU, Duke, and GULC!!!!! Out at GW. :(

In at NYU, very nice!!! Who gives a crap about GW when you're in at CCN?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

subtle

Postby subtle » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:05 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

In at NYU, very nice!!! Who gives a crap about GW when you're in at CCN?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Mostly I just wanted to see a nice pretty row of acceptances on LSN, but no, I can't say I'm terribly upset. I got super impatient and checked the admitted students website and was able to sign in. This had better not be a glitch, because, if it is, I'm gonna be mad. USPS needs to hurry up with my letter.

lilliea

Postby lilliea » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:11 pm

Wow!! Congrats!

Flips88

Postby Flips88 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:15 pm

subtle wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

Mostly I just wanted to see a nice pretty row of acceptances on LSN, but no, I can't say I'm terribly upset. I got super impatient and checked the admitted students website and was able to sign in. This had better not be a glitch, because, if it is, I'm gonna be mad. USPS needs to hurry up with my letter.

It very well could have been a YP for GW.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”