Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Aggiegrad2011

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:16 am

swimmergirl1303 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:Not bad Aggie! I think you have a pretty solid shot at some of those schools. Emory I think you are definitely in- hopefully you should get $ too. I think you should get into BC too hopefully and Fordham. Honestly, when did you submit your apps? If it was October/September you might want to send the schools LOCIs. It can't hurt and it lets them know you are still interested. Or if you don't have anything to update with you could send them an essay about why you want to go to their school. Just a thought! Keep us posted and good luck! :)

BTW: my update- I managed to get WL at Penn. Still praying on USC. Aggie I hope you get into USC with me. But I have NO idea. It seems like their lsat scores have gotten really competitive.

Hell yeah, although if I had to choose, I hope UCLA pulls me off the WL. Going down there this month for a visit and a class sit-in... we'll see....

]
Oooh good luck! Out of curiosity why do you prefer UCLA to USC? Also, how did you find out from UCLA so early? I am still waiting...

I ED'd at UCLA> :)

I want the Epstein Center REALLY bad. I also feel UCLA's geography near Westwood is superior. I have had bad experiences with USC. No real empirical reason though. Besids the Epstein center!

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:27 am

haha okay good to know!

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:34 am

Hi guys, I thought I'd post here. I have been accepted to two great schools where my LSAT is below median:

Fordham and GWU. I'm 164/3.82 so there's hope!!!

As of now, I'm really hoping to add a few more schools to this list. *crosses fingers*

But regardless, I'm really happy to have these two schools!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:40 am

Gemini Hopeful wrote:Hi guys, I thought I'd post here. I have been accepted to two great schools where my LSAT is below median:

As of now, I'm really hoping to add a few more schools to this list. *crosses fingers*

Bigger and better things are coming our way, Emma!!!

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:42 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:Hi guys, I thought I'd post here. I have been accepted to two great schools where my LSAT is below median:

Yes, please! :D

peter844

Postby peter844 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:51 am

Though I'd join this thread. 158/4.

Any suggestions for higher ranked schools? Or gpa friendly admissions?

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:52 am

YAY HASTINGS!! So excited for my first acceptance :mrgreen:

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

Gemini, I'm assuming you wanna stay east coast?

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:03 am

Congrats! That's great! I bet you have more good schools headed your way :)

Edit: Oops I missed Gottis post! Congrats on UC Hastings!

GO REVERSE SPLITTERS!
Last edited by swimmergirl1303 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:15 am

Gotti wrote:YAY HASTINGS!! So excited for my first acceptance :mrgreen:

Gemini Hopeful wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:

Gemini, I'm assuming you wanna stay east coast?

Yes. Im really close with my family. If I move away, I'd want the option to visit them at least somewhat regularly. Or them visit me (without spending $$$$$$$ on transpo).

ETA: CONGRATS ON THE ACCEPTANCE, GOTTI! FIRST OF MANY!!!

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:15 am

Thanks guys :mrgreen: congrats to all of you too! I'm hoping for Fordham and/or GW this week or next!

And yeah I'm the opposite...I wanna get as far away from CA as possible, so sick of living in Irvine lol. I fell in love with NYC as soon as I stepped out of the airport, so hopefully I'm headed there :D

Ahhh what a good day. I'd probably go to Hastings over UIUC (where I was WL'd) anyway. GO REVERSE SPLITTERS!!

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:39 am

God I'd take UIUC in a heartbeat. It'd be a full ride of tuition for me b/c they, bless their hearts, contribute their entire tuition toward yellow ribbon program recipients.

Where's the love emoticon ...

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:29 am

Gotti wrote:Thanks guys :mrgreen: congrats to all of you too! I'm hoping for Fordham and/or GW this week or next!

And yeah I'm the opposite...I wanna get as far away from CA as possible, so sick of living in Irvine lol. I fell in love with NYC as soon as I stepped out of the airport, so hopefully I'm headed there :D

Ahhh what a good day. I'd probably go to Hastings over UIUC (where I was WL'd) anyway. GO REVERSE SPLITTERS!!

Irvine is good for 1 reason = running/weather. Otherwise, I want to get the heck out too!

San Francisco is an awesome city though. Congrats on Hastings!!

As for my update - I just got into Ohio State yesterday via email. Hold at BC. I also went decision finalized at Loyola, so a mailing from them should be coming any day now.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:51 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
Gotti wrote:Thanks guys :mrgreen: congrats to all of you too! I'm hoping for Fordham and/or GW this week or next!

Irvine is good for 1 reason = running/weather. Otherwise, I want to get the heck out too!

As for my update - I just got into Ohio State yesterday via email. Hold at BC. I also went decision finalized at Loyola, so a mailing from them should be coming any day now.

Yeah, I dunno what the deal is with this "hold" business. They want to admit us, but don't know if they can absorb the lower LSAT scores to keep their rank? *shrug*

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:58 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:

Congrats on Ohio State. And I'd bet that Loyola is an acceptance!

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:03 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:

Yeah, I dunno what the deal is with this "hold" business. They want to admit us, but don't know if they can absorb the lower LSAT scores to keep their rank? *shrug*

That's actually really nice. It would mean they LIKE us. When I was rejected by several places last cycle, I was always wondering if it's because they didn't like me for some reason. Was my PS too corny, etc. Aggie, is everyone on hold at BC a reverse splitter? Do you know?

And Gotti, I reaalllly hope you get into Fordham/GW so I can meet you!!

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:09 pm

I feel like this thread will become my new home. REV-SPLITTER LOVE!!!!

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:And Gotti, I reaalllly hope you get into Fordham/GW so I can meet you!!

Awww<3 I know I'm hoping for the same thing!! I'll def come to both ASD's :)

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:27 pm

btw swimmergirl, we have very similar stats...where have you applied/gotten into? Did you already give this info out earlier in this thread? I gotta check but I'm lazy/at work lol

js77

Postby js77 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:33 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:

Schools are only obligated to report a person's higher score to USNWR...helps the peeps like us.

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:48 pm

Gotti wrote:btw swimmergirl, we have very similar stats...where have you applied/gotten into? Did you already give this info out earlier in this thread? I gotta check but I'm lazy/at work lol

It is. I'll PM you so you can be lazy :)

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:06 pm

Got my acceptance to Loyola today. $69,000 scholarship. Might be hard to turn down. Hoping GMU or W&L gives me money.

unc0mm0n1

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:17 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:God I'd take UIUC in a heartbeat. It'd be a full ride of tuition for me b/c they, bless their hearts, contribute their entire tuition toward yellow ribbon program recipients.

I know they really care about vets in Illinois. I'm just not interested in going back to Champbana. But the money does make it hard to turn down. Northwestern is giving good yellow ribbon cash as well. Plus you get more BAH.

Aggiegrad2011

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:36 pm

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:God I'd take UIUC in a heartbeat. It'd be a full ride of tuition for me b/c they, bless their hearts, contribute their entire tuition toward yellow ribbon program recipients.

I know they really care about vets in Illinois. I'm just not interested in going back to Champbana. But the money does make it hard to turn down. Northwestern is giving good yellow ribbon cash as well. Plus you get more BAH.

Yep, I worked hard on NU as well. Interview and every optional essay + diversity statement and I am going to visit if they WL me.

It's rather sad that most schools don't participate in YRP. None of my admitted schools thus far does... And several of my top choices don't. Only UCLA, and I'm on their WL, and they only offer 5 slots, which I'm sure are all full up now.

As someone who is contemplating UIUC and will receive a decision on Friday, what is wrong with Urbana-Champaign? The area is bad? Can you give me any details on that? If I am admitted I will immediately book tickets to go out there & see for myself, but yeah, a heads up would be nice.

Gemini

Postby Gemini » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:37 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:Got my acceptance to Loyola today. $69,000 scholarship. Might be hard to turn down. Hoping GMU or W&L gives me money.

Congrat QL! What a NICE scholly!!! :D

Gotti

Postby Gotti » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:42 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:

Yep, I worked hard on NU as well. Interview and every optional essay + diversity statement and I am going to visit if they WL me.

It's rather sad that most schools don't participate in YRP. None of my admitted schools thus far does... And several of my top choices don't. Only UCLA, and I'm on their WL, and they only offer 5 slots, which I'm sure are all full up now.

As someone who is contemplating UIUC and will receive a decision on Friday, what is wrong with Urbana-Champaign? The area is bad? Can you give me any details on that? If I am admitted I will immediately book tickets to go out there & see for myself, but yeah, a heads up would be nice.

It's just a cornfield =\

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”