Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gatorlion

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby gatorlion » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:29 am

Spinozist21 wrote:
gatorlion wrote:I decided to stay and finish the PhD instead of going into major debt to attend even a top 30 school.

Thats cool. I hope you get in next cycle in which you apply.

PS: Did you actually apply to Pitt or just got a fee waiver?

I'm still debating whether or not I want to spend more time and money on an additional degree, but thank you nonetheless for your comment. As for Pitt, I received a fee waiver but chose not to apply. I met a Pitt grad the other day at my internship who was doing extremely nicely for himself doing IP and with Pitt rapidly becoming a great city to live in, I can't say the thought of applying didn't cross my mind.

In any case, good luck with your cycle!

Ascend

Postby Ascend » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:35 pm

Well, I guess I might as well join this thread as well. 3.93 and Oct LSAT I'm guessing around a 162. Silly me, I spent so much time reading this book and that book by "former dean of xyz" and "Admissions officer of the year" and they all said pretty much the same thing: "It's not just numbers, we're looking for diversity in our law school classes." Oh how naive I have been. I only wish I would have taken a bunch of easy courses instead of the rigorous curriculum I engaged in with the thoughts that it would make my college experience more productive and at the same time make me a better candidate for law school. Instead of should have done nothing but LSAT logic and basket weaving courses, lol. Oh well, I guess I should have spent more time on TLS and less time studying so I could have realized my folly. At least there is a special place for us lowly reverse splitters to hang out and mope :)

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:40 am

Ascend wrote:Well, I guess I might as well join this thread as well. 3.93 and Oct LSAT I'm guessing around a 162. Silly me, I spent so much time reading this book and that book by "former dean of xyz" and "Admissions officer of the year" and they all said pretty much the same thing: "It's not just numbers, we're looking for diversity in our law school classes." Oh how naive I have been. I only wish I would have taken a bunch of easy courses instead of the rigorous curriculum I engaged in with the thoughts that it would make my college experience more productive and at the same time make me a better candidate for law school. Instead of should have done nothing but LSAT logic and basket weaving courses, lol. Oh well, I guess I should have spent more time on TLS and less time studying so I could have realized my folly. At least there is a special place for us lowly reverse splitters to hang out and mope :)

Was it your first time taking it? I would take it again, especially if you weren't exactly studying that much.

I've started submitting apps. I'll keep you guys posted on my admits/wl/denials.

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:07 am

Posted in the wrong thread. Reverse Splitter now after October 2010 LSAT. 153 and 3.98

victorlong

Postby victorlong » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:05 am

GPA: 3.87 and LSAT: 158

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:59 pm

now I can join yall....
went from a 165 to a 156....reverse splitter

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:57 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:now I can join yall....

So you got 165 earlier and now just got a 156 on the October LSAT?

I honestly would have just kept the 165. It is good and will get you into to a lot of schools, especially with a high GPA.

I wasn't going to retake if I got 165+. I ended up with 161 and decided against it at the very last possible date you could cancel and get the refund.

I am kind of glad I did. It seems that this October LSAT was deceptively difficult. I just concentrated on making the rest of my application as best as I could.

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:01 pm

3.9 163 at a top 35 university. So far I'm in at U Texas Austin!

andylion

Postby andylion » Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:24 pm

i have never made more errors than this time on LG, which I usually wrongs no more than 2.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:32 am

swimmergirl1303 wrote:3.9 163 at a top 35 university. So far I'm in at U Texas Austin!

Swimmergirl that is awesome to hear! :)

Good luck on the rest of your apps, but UT at Austin would be an awesome school to end up at.

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:45 am

I'm joining this little powwow also. 3.75/159 here. Applied mostly to state schools. I'm hoping that I'll get into one, if not straight up, via wait list. My target school's 25-75 are 158-162 LSAT and 3.23-3.8 GPA. It may work out yet. :D I'm optimistic at least.

KAM

Postby KAM » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:04 pm

GPA 3.86 LSAT 157. It's so hard to be happy with that score comparing myself to others on TLS but I just keep telling myself I still scored better than 71% of people taking it and that makes me feel a little better. I would like to retake the LSAT but I really want to start law school next fall and if I retake, it will be next summer. I considered taking it in December but I want to have the advantage of getting my apps in early and this is the busiest time of year for my work so I wouldn't be able to be completely dedicated to studying over next 6 weeks and if I retake I want to give it everything I have. My top choice is SMU. I talked to others with numbers similar to mine, applied early, and got accepted right away, so there is hope. :) I sent in my application yesterday!

I'm also applying to Texas Tech and Baylor. Not really sure why because if I'm not accepted to SMU I will most likely post-pone school for a year.

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:17 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:3.9 163 at a top 35 university. So far I'm in at U Texas Austin!

Good luck on the rest of your apps, but UT at Austin would be an awesome school to end up at.

THANKS! I'm definitely stoked and would be delighted to end up there! I think my lors and "softs" really got me in.

Are a lot of you applying to Boalt? I hear they tend to favor reverse splitters.

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:45 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:now I can join yall....

So you got 165 earlier and now just got a 156 on the October LSAT?

I honestly would have just kept the 165. It is good and will get you into to a lot of schools, especially with a high GPA.

I wasn't going to retake if I got 165+. I ended up with 161 and decided against it at the very last possible date you could cancel and get the refund.

I am kind of glad I did. It seems that this October LSAT was deceptively difficult. I just concentrated on making the rest of my application as best as I could.

ok.....I'm glad thats what you would have done but I cant go back and I already feel awful about it. Hope you do well in your applications.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:23 pm

swimmergirl1303 wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:

THANKS! I'm definitely stoked and would be delighted to end up there! I think my lors and "softs" really got me in.

Are a lot of you applying to Boalt? I hear they tend to favor reverse splitters.

Yes definitely applying to Boalt. My twin went there for her undergrad and I am also a CA resident so I hope that helps.

and crossingforHYS, I think most schools will just look at the higher score, so don't feel too bad.

crossingforHYS

Postby crossingforHYS » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:29 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:
swimmergirl1303 wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:

Yes definitely applying to Boalt. My twin went there for her undergrad and I am also a CA resident so I hope that helps.

and crossingforHYS, I think most schools will just look at the higher score, so don't feel too bad.

I think I'm being overdramatic...sorry :) I'm a socaller too by the way!

LSATNightmares

Postby LSATNightmares » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:39 pm

I have a 3.85 GPA (top 5% at a top 20 university, my program is ranked #1 in the country) but a 162 LSAT. Boo! I've been so depressed since Saturday thinking how I won't get in anywhere.

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:48 pm

LSATNightmares wrote:I have a 3.85 GPA (top 5% at a top 20 university, my program is ranked #1 in the country) but a 162 LSAT. Boo! I've been so depressed since Saturday thinking how I won't get in anywhere.

You will get in somewhere, trust me. Keep the faith! Or you could always retake...

I was top 3% of my class...but yeah, if you don't get in anywhere you really want to go, I would retake and then reapply next year.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:56 pm

Reverse splitter cycles are notoriously difficult to predict. Apply broadly. Focus as much effort as reasonable on the other aspects of your application. You may be very pleasantly surprised. If not, retake.

gracieb

Postby gracieb » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:00 pm

man, I belong here. I have a 3.95 and a 155...after a retake. yeah. I definitely applied to 30 schools and several part time programs. I just want to get in somewhere...I definitely worry that will not happen. I applied early decision to the part time program at American. But I know it's a long shot. More realistically, I'm hoping to get into Marquette, DePaul or perhaps Lewis and Clark part time. I did well on the GRE so I applied to Rutger's Camden because I heard that take that into consideration. Good luck to everyone!

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:08 pm

gracieb wrote:man, I belong here. I have a 3.95 and a 155...after a retake. yeah. I definitely applied to 30 schools and several part time programs. I just want to get in somewhere...I definitely worry that will not happen. I applied early decision to the part time program at American. But I know it's a long shot. More realistically, I'm hoping to get into Marquette, DePaul or perhaps Lewis and Clark part time. I did well on the GRE so I applied to Rutger's Camden because I heard that take that into consideration. Good luck to everyone!

Of those options, I think that Lewis and Clark part time is your best bet. It's easy to transition to the full time program. LC also has the Portland market locked down (as much as a local school can), whereas the other schools on your list, especially American, suffer from stiff local and national competition.

jeff5170

Postby jeff5170 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:58 pm

3.95/162

Apps out to:

Vandy
W&L
UK
Louisville

Going to send apps to:

GWU
Notre Dame
UVA
IU

Wish me luck!

swimmergirl1303

Postby swimmergirl1303 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:21 pm

Hey has anyone found the thread for last year? I want to see when the reverse splitters got into various schools last admissions cycle. Thanks!!!

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:53 am

swimmergirl1303 wrote:Hey has anyone found the thread for last year? I want to see when the reverse splitters got into various schools last admissions cycle. Thanks!!!

I think if you look at earlier posts in this thread then it shows where reverse splitters got in.

This should really be the 2011 Reverse Splitter Thread now...

And yes, I am applying broadly - as low as the 70s and 80s (apps out to Kentucky and Oregon) and as high as #5 Berkeley.

I kind of regret using the $ to apply to American now, but oh well. Got lots of fee waivers so throwing out apps to places such as Northwestern, or I wouldn't have bothered as that costs $100 just to apply.

Btw Jeff you should really consider ED to UVA...it will help given you have a high GPA and lower LSAT.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:31 am

jeff5170 wrote:3.95/162

Apps out to:

Vandy
W&L
UK
Louisville

Going to send apps to:

GWU
Notre Dame
UVA
IU

Wish me luck!

Arrange an interview with Vanderbilt. I think the interview pushed me from reject to waitlist territory, and my stats were lower than yours. Good luck.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”