Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
akili

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Postby akili » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:19 pm

160/3.8

In:
Wake Forest
Gonzaga
Oregon

W/L:
American
Washington and Lee
Lewis and Clark (weird hold thing wtf?)

Pending:
Notre Dame
UW
W&M
Baylor
UC-Boulder
UNC

caneman13

Postby caneman13 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:23 pm

162/3.91

Reverse-Splitter= a lot of waitlists :(

W/L

Penn
UVA
BC
BU

Accepted

Temple
Villanova
Pitt
American

JennBNYC

Postby JennBNYC » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:23 pm

I know this thread has been inactive for a while, but since the June scores just came out I figure there are new people who can relate to this thread..unfortunately, lol.

3.99, 162 (149 the first time..ouch)...probably could have been higher but could only study so much while working FT
3 years of FT work experience
Great letters of recommendation
Probably unwarranted hope of getting in top 20, lol.

texasforever

Postby texasforever » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm

For the next year's bunch in the high 150's who were like me, here was my cycle for 09-10. I am a Texas resident, white male. 157, 3.98. Three undergrad summers working for a small firm.

IN:
SMU
Baylor
George Mason
IU-Bloomington
Iowa
Miami
South Texas, full schol

W/L:
Washington & Lee
Houston

OUT:
Georgia
Illinois

Good luck to everybody who worked their ass off in college. Knowing how to outstudy people who can simply take a test and get into law school will prove to be a valuable tool once you are actually there. I have no doubts about that.

JennBNYC

Postby JennBNYC » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:11 pm

texasforever wrote:Good luck to everybody who worked their ass off in college. Knowing how to outstudy people who can simply take a test and get into law school will prove to be a valuable tool once you are actually there. I have no doubts about that.

My feelings/hopes exactly...

aulburch

Postby aulburch » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:37 pm

3.9 / 158 / 2 years WE as an investment banker and state judicial clerk

In:
UPenn (WL Accepted, 7/01)
George Washington (WL Accepted, May)
William and Mary

Out:
NYU
Cornell
USC
UCLA
Emory

WL:
Yale (Rejected)
Columbia (Rejected)
UVA (Withdrew)
Duke (Rejected)
Georgetown (Rejected)
Vanderbilt (Withdrew)
Notre Dame (Withdrew)
Washington and Lee (Withdrew)

Wheretogo2013

Postby Wheretogo2013 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:16 pm

JennBNYC wrote:
texasforever wrote:Good luck to everybody who worked their ass off in college. Knowing how to outstudy people who can simply take a test and get into law school will prove to be a valuable tool once you are actually there. I have no doubts about that.

My feelings/hopes exactly...

+999999999999999999999999

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:34 pm

aulburch wrote:3.9 / 158 / 2 years WE as an investment banker and state judicial clerk

In:
William and Mary

Out:
NYU
Cornell
USC
UCLA
Emory

WL:
Yale (Rejected)
Columbia (Rejected)
UVA (Withdrew)
Duke (Rejected)
Georgetown (Rejected)
Vanderbilt (Withdrew)
Notre Dame (Withdrew)

I'm looking at your numbers and feeling a tad confused. You were accepted at Penn, and waitlisted at Yale and Columbia with a 158? Simply out of curiousity, are you a URM?

loveprofusion2

Postby loveprofusion2 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:09 pm

Signing into this thread. GPA: 3.95, LSAT: 160.

In:
Wake
Charlotte School of Law (scholarship)

W/L:
UNC (still waiting)
UVA (still waiting)
Emory (rejected)

Out:
Duke

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:24 pm

159/163, 3.84 GPA
37 years-old
Non-violent, expunged, drug possession felony from 2002.
Jan. 12- 14 completion dates.

In:
UC Davis (off WL in June)... attending.
UC Hastings (off WL in June)
Cardozo (off WL in June)
American
Santa Clara

WL:
Georgetown (then rejected in June)
UVA (then rejected in June)
UCLA
UNC —Chapel Hill
W&M
Brooklyn!! (withdrew from that incredible lameness).

Out:
Boalt
Duke
USC
BC
BU
GW
Fordham
Washington & Lee

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:29 pm

3.8x/163

In:
WUSTL (attending)
SMU
Washington & Lee
UC Davis
UC Hastings
Houston
American
Oklahoma
Illinois

WL:
William and Mary (withdrew)
BU

Out:
Notre Dame
Berkeley
Texas
BC

tommytahoe

Postby tommytahoe » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:3.8x/163

In:
WUSTL (attending)
SMU
Washington & Lee
UC Davis
UC Hastings
Houston
American
Oklahoma
Illinois

WL:
BU

Out:
Notre Dame
Berkeley
Texas
BC

Hey, Stepahanie13! I remember you from LSN. Nuber twins. You got a much better shake on the cycle than I did overall.
Yours and mine make for interesting juxtapositions... you must have had some strong softs or W/E. Maybe very early applications.

aulburch

Postby aulburch » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:51 pm

aPosseAdEsse wrote:
aulburch wrote:3.9 / 158 / 2 years WE as an investment banker and state judicial clerk

In:
William and Mary

Out:
NYU
Cornell
USC
UCLA
Emory

WL:
Yale (Rejected)
Columbia (Rejected)
UVA (Withdrew)
Duke (Rejected)
Georgetown (Rejected)
Vanderbilt (Withdrew)
Notre Dame (Withdrew)

I'm looking at your numbers and feeling a tad confused. You were accepted at Penn, and waitlisted at Yale and Columbia with a 158? Simply out of curiousity, are you a URM?

Ummm, no. Thanks for looking at my numbers and not thinking that I'm qualified to go to Penn based on my own merits. I'm so tired of everyone on TLS thinking it's impossible to go a top law school with one blemish on your academic record. For a 23 year old, I've done quite a few things in and outside of the classroom that more than justify going to Penn (fundraising over $4 million in DC, working for an investment bank and private equity group for 2 years, helping found a start-up company to assist NGOs, scoring a pre-law school state judicial clerkship, graduating MCL/PBK from a Top 5 school). It just goes to show that you shouldn't be discouraged from applying to schools because of the opinion of others. If you know you have the ability to excel and a record that demonstrates it, apply wherever you deem fit.

FYI: People with LSATs as low as 152 got into Yale last year. Regardless of race, those people were qualified to attend the top law school in the country.

Enjoy the online rat race. I'm resting up before 1L.

aPosseAdEsse

Postby aPosseAdEsse » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:21 pm

aulburch wrote:
aPosseAdEsse wrote:

In:
William and Mary

Out:
NYU
Cornell
USC
UCLA
Emory

WL:
Yale (Rejected)
Columbia (Rejected)
UVA (Withdrew)
Duke (Rejected)
Georgetown (Rejected)
Vanderbilt (Withdrew)
Notre Dame (Withdrew)

Ummm, no. Thanks for looking at my numbers and not thinking that I'm qualified to go to Penn based on my own merits. I'm so tired of everyone on TLS thinking it's impossible to go a top law school with one blemish on your academic record. For a 23 year old, I've done quite a few things in and outside of the classroom that more than justify going to Penn (fundraising over $4 million in DC, working for an investment bank and private equity group for 2 years, helping found a start-up company to assist NGOs, scoring a pre-law school state judicial clerkship, graduating MCL/PBK from a Top 5 school). It just goes to show that you shouldn't be discouraged from applying to schools because of the opinion of others. If you know you have the ability to excel and a record that demonstrates it, apply wherever you deem fit.

FYI: People with LSATs as low as 152 got into Yale last year. Regardless of race, those people were qualified to attend the top law school in the country.

Enjoy the online rat race. I'm resting up before 1L.

I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you.
However, I am compelled to point out that my post was not offensive. You only made your numbers available, and I don’t know you, so I had only your numbers your cycle results to consult. That simply led to a fair question about another relevant aspect of your application. (Whether or not race should be relevant is a different debate, but it is relevant.) As a matter of fact, asking that question is NOT the same thing as saying something like “you aren’t qualified on the merits, so you had to get in some other way.” JUST like you mention, those who got into Yale with a 152 were qualified regardless of their race. But for purposes of admissions statistics and making predictions for the future, the race on the application is still relevant (and fair to inquire about).
If everything you say is so, then you sure are accomplished. Congrats. I do hope you recognize that your participation on the “top law schools” forum, knee jerk reaction to my question, and decision to enumerate all your accomplishments for strangers online mean that you in fact are engaging in the online rat race.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:47 pm

tommytahoe wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:3.8x/163

In:
WUSTL (attending)
SMU
Washington & Lee
UC Davis
UC Hastings
Houston
American
Oklahoma
Illinois

WL:
BU

Out:
Notre Dame
Berkeley
Texas
BC

Hey, Stepahanie13! I remember you from LSN. Nuber twins. You got a much better shake on the cycle than I did overall.
Yours and mine make for interesting juxtapositions... you must have had some strong softs or W/E. Maybe very early applications.

Haha yay number twins! Yea I think I might have gotten my applications in a bit earlier than you, as you can see from my LSN profile but most did not go complete until I received my December LSAT score. Its funny, thinking about my numbers and my cycle lately, I went to check LSP to see what how my cycle SHOULD have turned out and funnily enough it was mostly accurate. EXCEPT about BC, it says "admit" and I was straight out rejected. Funny how that is.

AJW

Postby AJW » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:19 pm

I followed this thread a couple months back and it gave me hope!

161 / 3.99

UVA (accepted ED yesterday via a call from Jason Dugas) I am a VA resident which helped.

Don't give up hope, just because we didn't crush the LSAT doesn't mean we can't get into top schools! Best of luck to all of us reverse splitters in the near future.

JennBNYC

Postby JennBNYC » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:28 pm

AJW wrote:I followed this thread a couple months back and it gave me hope!

161 / 3.99

UVA (accepted ED yesterday via a call from Jason Dugas) I am a VA resident which helped.

Don't give up hope, just because we didn't crush the LSAT doesn't mean we can't get into top schools! Best of luck to all of us reverse splitters in the near future.

Wow! Congrats. I applied to UVa, too, but haven't heard back yet. I have a 162/3.99, but I'm not a Va resident. Can't wait to start hearing back from places :-).

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:10 am

JennBNYC wrote:
AJW wrote:I followed this thread a couple months back and it gave me hope!

161 / 3.99

Wow! Congrats. I applied to UVa, too, but haven't heard back yet. I have a 162/3.99, but I'm not a Va resident. Can't wait to start hearing back from places :-).

Me too - UVA is my ED. I am not a resident, however, so that may hurt my chances.

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:38 pm

Hang in there, fellow reverse splitters. If retaking isn't an option then bolster every other part of your application and apply early. It's still an uphill battle but good things do happen. I was ridiculed for my low score (by TLS standards) and told that I would barely crack into T2 but I ended up at a T30 with $$$.

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:36 pm

I will throw my name in here too I guess. I am a 3.5/157 (although I wrote an addendum b/c my GPA really should be more in the 3.7 range...I had a bad semester the first semester after I transferred to a different school).

I really would like to go to Pitt, Case, PSU, or OSU....I am ED at Pitt...doubt I'll make it without some improvement in LSAT.

CTCP11

Postby CTCP11 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Best thread, ever! I am a 3.66/NLG (Not Looking Good) - haha, with some pretty solid softs if I do say so myself. October LSAT will determine if BC or Cooley is in my future. (Just kidding on the Cooley part - obviously!)

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:37 pm

You guys should seriously consider retaking. Here are my results from last cycle (ECs included):

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/gatorlion

JennBNYC

Postby JennBNYC » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:43 pm

gatorlion wrote:You guys should seriously consider retaking. Here are my results from last cycle (ECs included):

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/gatorlion

Sorry if I'm just missing it, but where did you decide to go? Or did you take the year off?

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:46 pm

I decided to stay and finish the PhD instead of going into major debt to attend even a top 30 school.

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:55 pm

gatorlion wrote:I decided to stay and finish the PhD instead of going into major debt to attend even a top 30 school.

Thats cool. I hope you get in next cycle in which you apply.

PS: Did you actually apply to Pitt or just got a fee waiver?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”