Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:16 pm

Add another... waitlisted today @ BC.

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:18 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Add another... waitlisted today @ BC.
:( :(

Send that LOCI!!!

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:19 pm

Gemini Hopeful wrote:

Send that LOCI!!!
Oh I will for all the good it'll do me. Just another couple points on this stupid LSAT would probably have gotten me in. Ugh.

ziggie

Bronze

Post by ziggie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:42 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:

Send that LOCI!!!
Oh I will for all the good it'll do me. Just another couple points on this stupid LSAT would probably have gotten me in. Ugh.
Sorry to hear that, Aggie! Keep riding the waitlists, you'll get in somewhere soon :)

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:06 am

ziggie wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
Gemini Hopeful wrote:

Send that LOCI!!!
Sorry to hear that, Aggie! Keep riding the waitlists, you'll get in somewhere soon :)
Oh I'm sure, but it'll probably be another barely-T2.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

weejonbu

Bronze

Post by weejonbu » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:46 am

emorystud2010 wrote:Hey Reverse Splitters! Some of you guys are in for a road that can be long and hard (that's what she said. i know). I was once somewhat in your shoes (3.6 with a low 160's lsat), and I spent month after month waiting. I set my sights pretty high and applied to basically every top 25 plus some others. Rejection after waitlist after rejection came. I checked my email every day...check that....every hour for months. I'm here to tell u 2 things: 1) Don't do that. I know yall are excited to find out where you will be going this fall, but you will drive yourself crazy overchecking. Set a schedule so that you check maybe once every couple days or even once a week. Find other things to keep your mind occupied, or you will spend months on edge. 2) Never give up hope. I was getting let go from waitlist after waitlist, and thought I would either have to re-apply or go to a 40-50th ranked law school at full price. It wasn't until JULY that I got the call that I had been accepted to Emory Law. Have faith that the phone call will come. You've done the work. Now it's in the hands of God/fate/Tom Cruise/etc. Good luck.
No offense emory, but not sure if a 3.6 GPA is high enough to be considered a true reverse splitter.

Still, congrats on Emory! And thanks for the reality check.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:41 pm

Dinged at Cornell.

So much good news this cycle I can hardly contain myself.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:53 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Dinged at Cornell.

=(

i expect the same from my cycle. there's still hope, you've only heard back from 3 right??

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:55 pm

Gotti wrote:

=(

i expect the same from my cycle. there's still hope, you've only heard back from 3 right??
So far I've got:

2 admit (TT only)
1 WL
1 hold
1 ding

The "hold" at BC really bugs me because LSP suggests I'm "Admit" there... I know it's not a ding but it feels like it might as well be. The only admits to TT thing is really making me sad.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

NJcollegestudent

Bronze

Post by NJcollegestudent » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:57 pm

So far for me:

WL Hofstra

In Phoenix

Pending: Elsewhere

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:09 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

=(

So far I've got:

2 admit (TT only)
1 WL
1 hold
1 ding

The "hold" at BC really bugs me because LSP suggests I'm "Admit" there... I know it's not a ding but it feels like it might as well be. The only admits to TT thing is really making me sad.

Well send a LOCI to BC! Don't worry I'm sure you'll hear good news soon. What are your stats again if you don't mind/where did you apply?

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:11 pm

162 (ughhhhh) and a 4.01 GPA (probably 4.02 after this quarter's grades post).

I sent my LOCIs and request for visit / meeting the asst dean to both UCLA and BC so... I'm being an active participant but it's just devestating to me, I've always been top dog in college and now it's like, "Bottom of the pile for youuuuu!" Ugh mediocrity. :(

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:13 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:162 (ughhhhh) and a 4.01 GPA (probably 4.02 after this quarter's grades post).

I sent my LOCIs and request for visit / meeting the asst dean to both UCLA and BC so... I'm being an active participant but it's just devestating to me, I've always been top dog in college and now it's like, "Bottom of the pile for youuuuu!" Ugh mediocrity. :(
Keep your head up, aggiegrad. Your cycle will be fine. Did you submit "Why X" essays with your applications?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:15 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:162 (ughhhhh) and a 4.01 GPA (probably 4.02 after this quarter's grades post).

Aggie, did you retake? Even 2-3 points higher and you would have prolly been an admit to UCLA ED with that fantastic GPA! But I know how you feel…I’m 3.95 and 164 and I’m getting told that I’m not going to have any job prospects and will have to pay sticker for a lower ranked school. FML.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Gotti wrote:

Aggie, did you retake? Even 2-3 points higher and you would have prolly been an admit to UCLA ED with that fantastic GPA! But I know how you feel…I’m 3.95 and 164 and I’m getting told that I’m not going to have any job prospects and will have to pay sticker for a lower ranked school. FML.
The LSAT and I are like oil and water. I don't like the test, the test doesn't like me. Although I might have no alternative to retaking, besides just going with my GRE score and doing a Ph.D like I had planned to before, I really do not want to.

I got accepted to McGeorge with what would be a full scholarship in conjunction with my veteran's benefits, so I guess it MAY come down to McGeorge for very little money or retake or just abandon the idea altogether (very sad face there). I do have to remind myself, though, that lots of schools remain on my list and so I guess I should just wait. I know the WLs and Holds can turn into accepts as easily as they can rejects, but I dunno.

I have a hard time finding a way to be optimistic about this any more.

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

The LSAT and I are like oil and water. I don't like the test, the test doesn't like me. Although I might have no alternative to retaking, besides just going with my GRE score and doing a Ph.D like I had planned to before, I really do not want to.

I got accepted to McGeorge with what would be a full scholarship in conjunction with my veteran's benefits, so I guess it MAY come down to McGeorge for very little money or retake or just abandon the idea altogether (very sad face there). I do have to remind myself, though, that lots of schools remain on my list and so I guess I should just wait. I know the WLs and Holds can turn into accepts as easily as they can rejects, but I dunno.

I have a hard time finding a way to be optimistic about this any more.

No dude don’t quit…I took it in sept 09 and got a 163…but I was PTing around there so it was expected. I studied differently for the Oct 2010 test and I was PTing between 166-173. Although my story isn’t really a success story cuz I got a 164 (I just bombed the first LR section), I really think it’s worth a try. Someone on TLS went from 157 to 172 or 173. Trust me…don’t give up even if you have to wait a year. Even if you don’t go from 162 to 170+, a 3-4 point increase can make the world of difference…that’s you going to McGeorge vs. you going to UCLA. Don't waste that beautiful 4.0!!!

That being said, your cycle is not over yet and I'm sure you'll get into a T30 :D

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:29 pm

The problem is, waiting a year means I do what... Work for minimum wage somewhere with my highest honors degree on my wall? Heh. I don't want to sound elitist but that is kind of silly. Last thing I want to do is THIS process ALL over again. Oh hell no.

Really I want is a T25-30. I threw apps to higher schools on the thought that maybe they'd like my veteran status and my mile-long list of academic accomplishments, including national publication in a scholarly work, but nope, not enough to overcome one bad day. I love it. 4 years of hard work < 1 bad fucking day on a ridiculously dumb test.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:42 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:The problem is, waiting a year means I do what... Work for minimum wage somewhere with my highest honors degree on my wall? Heh. I don't want to sound elitist but that is kind of silly. Last thing I want to do is THIS process ALL over again. Oh hell no.

Really I want is a T25-30. I threw apps to higher schools on the thought that maybe they'd like my veteran status and my mile-long list of academic accomplishments, including national publication in a scholarly work, but nope, not enough to overcome one bad day. I love it. 4 years of hard work < 1 bad fucking day on a ridiculously dumb test.

Minimum wage? Lol I have plenty of friends who make $35-40k straight out of college with no special math/econ/business degree. I have 2 soc sci degrees and make $15/hour (not a lot, I know, but it pays the bills and I’m loyal to my company)…you can definitely make more than enough to survive and have fun at the same time!

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:47 pm

Gotti wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:The problem is, waiting a year means I do what... Work for minimum wage somewhere with my highest honors degree on my wall? Heh. I don't want to sound elitist but that is kind of silly. Last thing I want to do is THIS process ALL over again. Oh hell no.

Minimum wage? Lol I have plenty of friends who make $35-40k straight out of college with no special math/econ/business degree. I have 2 soc sci degrees and make $15/hour (not a lot, I know, but it pays the bills and I’m loyal to my company)…you can definitely make more than enough to survive and have fun at the same time!
Eh, I'll pass on that. I have been courted by Teach for America, I should look into that if it becomes a necessity. But, if my alma mater refuses to let me into law school, then I'll really cry. LOL.

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Eh, I'll pass on that. I have been courted by Teach for America, I should look into that if it becomes a necessity. But, if my alma mater refuses to let me into law school, then I'll really cry. LOL.
What exactly are you passing on? A $40k job oportunity if it comes up? ITE?

Gotti

Gold

Post by Gotti » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:00 pm

RJ127 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

+1...ESPECIALLY if you decide to stay in Davis...COL is so cheap out there compared to where I live in socal. And I def make more than enough for all my bills at $15/hr which is not even $30k a year

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:06 pm

I think you'll ultimately receive favorable news, hang in there.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:23 pm

RJ127 wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Yep. Don't think a lot of thought and planning hasn't gone into it, but you don't know the state of finance in our household, etc, so for you passing on a $40k job opportunity might be an awful idea but I am fortunate enough to be in a position where that isn't necessary due to excellent foresight and discipline.

Ultimately, the decision to retake is the big one.
Last edited by Aggiegrad2011 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:25 pm

JOThompson wrote:

I think you'll ultimately receive favorable news, hang in there.
I really hope so. I really do. I think most of all, the BC hold was the most surprising gut check for me. I rather expected a wl or ding @ UCLA and Cornell, that's fine, I know my LSAT is a under par for them, but BC I should've been right in the wheelhouse for. I'll hold you to it!!! ;)

Aggiegrad2011

Gold

Post by Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:29 pm

Davis is really expensive. It's JUST a college town, and everyone knows it - They have a captive audience here. Sacramento and Dixon are a bit too far to drive from, and UCD discourages commuting by making the parking passes limited in number and *really* hard to get and expensive, so you kind of have to stay in town. We pay about 1400 bucks a month for our 900 ft^2 apt. Groceries and gasoline are crazy expensive, we JUST got a Target but Target isn't exactly super cheap compared to WalMart, which most cities have now. The city council voted against Target for years and years, and they will never let a WM in.

I guess compared to LA, where I might find this apt for $2,000 a month, it's "cheap", but to me, cheap COL is like what I had growing up in Nebraska, where the mortgage on our 3,200 ft^2 house sitting on 4 acres of land was 1100 bucks.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”