Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mss455

Bronze

Re: Reverse-Splitters Unite! - The 2010 Reverse-Splitter Thread

Post by mss455 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:42 pm

<25 LSAT
>75 GPA

IN at LSU !!!
Last edited by mss455 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gov

Bronze

Post by gov » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:43 pm

mss455 wrote:LSAT 150
UG 3.92
Grad 4.0

IN at LSU !!!!!!
Awesome! Congrats!

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:44 pm

Congrats on getting into LSU!

mss455

Bronze

Post by mss455 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:47 pm

LSU is T1 and I got accepted directly, no waitlists whatsoever .... the point of me saying this is that there is a reason an Application is not just an LSAT score... I have the firm belief that they look at the whole file - your GPA counts, your personal statement counts, your work and world experience counts ... that's what reputable Faculty of Top National Universities told me - so hang in there, and stop listening to negative comments about the dim chances of an average 150 ... you will succeed just put your best effort in those apps !!!!

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:51 pm

Forgot to update. I got into Penn State on Friday. 154 and a 3.93

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:56 pm

More congrats!

mss455

Bronze

Post by mss455 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:57 pm

jaydizzle wrote:Forgot to update. I got into Penn State on Friday. 154 and a 3.93
Congratulations on Penn State ... I applied there too couple of weeks ago.

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:59 pm

mss455 wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:Forgot to update. I got into Penn State on Friday. 154 and a 3.93
Congratulations on Penn State ... I applied there too couple of weeks ago.

Thanks! Top choice so far unless I get accepted to UCONN. I am waiting on financial aid. This is the big factor for me.

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:39 pm

$5,000/year scholarship with 3.15 stipulation at W&L. Very happy I at least got a little money, especially with tuition going up. Combined with their LRAP program, I am now 80% sure this is where I will be in the fall.

I do need to visit first though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:41 pm

How exciting! I'm jealous that you're so sure already.

YankeesFan

Silver

Post by YankeesFan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:41 pm

In at Wake Forest (161, 3.8]

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:45 pm

queenlizzie13 wrote:$5,000/year scholarship with 3.15 stipulation at W&L. Very happy I at least got a little money, especially with tuition going up. Combined with their LRAP program, I am now 80% sure this is where I will be in the fall.

I do need to visit first though.
Nice! I got accepted there last cycle. One thing I like is that they have a real honor system and you get your own carrel in the library. Really cool!

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:49 pm

YankeesFan wrote:In at Wake Forest (161, 3.8]
Congrats! YankeesFan what is your top choice?

And subtle, I'm still debating :)

Loyola might be hard to turn down, but the part of me that desperately wants out of So Cal is saying to turn it down. We will see though.

Gemini, I love the idea of the honor system! UCI was pretty good with the leaving stuff in the library as well. I lost a wallet and got it back with everything in it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gemini

Gold

Post by Gemini » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:51 pm

AND you get to take finals home! Lucky!

YankeesFan

Silver

Post by YankeesFan » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:53 pm

Thanks queenlizzie13! Right now Im leaning towards the large scholarship that Villanova gave me, but there is still two months in the cycle and I am still waiting to here from several schools.

And congrats on the scholarship to W&L!

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:54 pm

QL, what are your thoughts?

I'm realizing that I got so focused on applying (and thinking I wouldn't get in anywhere) that I didn't think about choosing a school. That was just super far in the future that is now here.

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:00 pm

subtle wrote:QL, what are your thoughts?

I'm realizing that I got so focused on applying (and thinking I wouldn't get in anywhere) that I didn't think about choosing a school. That was just super far in the future that is now here.
Well, I know that I want to do PI. As a competitive runner, I need time to run. That won't happen with big law. Hence, I narrowed down law schools by good running areas (CA, DC, Boston, and Colorado) are definitely some of the best.

Next, I narrowed it down by LRAP programs and COL. Hence GMU>American. Finally, I just wanted something that would not be such a competitive environment. I wanted a strong alumni network, that my undergrad just doesn't have. W&L fits most/all my criteria.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:07 pm

Hmm. Interesting. I'd never even thought about something like running factoring in the decision where to go.

I'm kind of indifferent to all of my schools (maybe indifferent is a bad word choice, like them all equally?) except for my number one. After that, I feel like I could throw a dart at them. I'm waiting to get in to do more research so that i don't fall in love with another school before finding out whether or not going will be a possibility.

Anyway, you said that you're still debating? What is making you unsure? Money?

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:19 pm

subtle wrote:Hmm. Interesting. I'd never even thought about something like running factoring in the decision where to go.

I'm kind of indifferent to all of my schools (maybe indifferent is a bad word choice, like them all equally?) except for my number one. After that, I feel like I could throw a dart at them. I'm waiting to get in to do more research so that i don't fall in love with another school before finding out whether or not going will be a possibility.

Definitely money. I've never been in debt, so it is a scary proposition to suddenly have to pay back $150,000+ in loans when I graduate.

Visiting helps. I fell in love with W&M, and fell out of love with UNC on my trip back east in November. But I still have yet to hear from W&M which makes me think I was wait listed, or that would probably be my number one, unless I somehow miraculously get into Boalt or USC.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:28 pm

When did you apply? I submitted all of my applications in late November, and they all went complete (with the exception of Cornell) in early December. It makes me kind super impatient that so many waves of decisions have gone out from one of my safeties, but I haven't heard.

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:31 pm

subtle wrote:When did you apply? I submitted all of my applications in late November, and they all went complete (with the exception of Cornell) in early December. It makes me kind super impatient that so many waves of decisions have gone out from one of my safeties, but I haven't heard.
Late Oct/Early Nov. A couple were late November. I wasn't sure about applying to those.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:00 am

subtle wrote:Hmm. Interesting. I'd never even thought about something like running factoring in the decision where to go.

I think this is funny. I kind of feel the same way. I'm in love with GW/UVa/UNC. The rest of the places I applied are all kind of equal to me, I think before I take any of the others seriously I'll have to visit.

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:16 am

DCLaw11 wrote:

I think this is funny. I kind of feel the same way. I'm in love with GW/UVa/UNC. The rest of the places I applied are all kind of equal to me, I think before I take any of the others seriously I'll have to visit.

I know I shouldn't be in this thread but I was lurking. Anyway, DC you should at the very least be a lock at UNC. You're in state right?

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:19 am

SupraVln180 wrote:
DCLaw11 wrote:

I know I shouldn't be in this thread but I was lurking. Anyway, DC you should at the very least be a lock at UNC. You're in state right?
Yep, in state. Not sure if I'll def get in, I think it's more of a 50-50 shot :( . UNC would be my most rational choice if I don't get money at other schools since tuition is 17k/yr, and I love Chapel Hill. Aren't you applying there, too?

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:30 am

I feel like your chances are more than 50/50. I feel like as long as you put together a well-thought out application, you should get in. You're in range.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”