Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby beef wellington » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:29 am

Katerina wrote:
beef wellington wrote:171 3.2 in at Minnesota, super special double secret priority preferred WL at GULC.

Today was a good day. :D


Hey number twin- congrats on Minn! You just gave me some serious hope about GULC. Thanks for the holiday pick-me-up!


Glad I could help!

User avatar
Chupavida
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby Chupavida » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:59 pm

.
Last edited by Chupavida on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Katerina
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby Katerina » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:27 pm

In at BC with a 3.2/171 :mrgreen:

Sweet Splitter Success.

Delinquent
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:49 pm

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby Delinquent » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:31 pm

Katerina wrote:In at BC with a 3.2/171 :mrgreen:

Sweet Splitter Success.


Congrats!

User avatar
Katerina
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby Katerina » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:33 pm

Delinquent wrote:
Katerina wrote:In at BC with a 3.2/171 :mrgreen:

Sweet Splitter Success.


Congrats!


Thank you!

mxc
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:19 am

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby mxc » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:37 pm

Dbottoms23 wrote:In at WUSTL, with money!!! 3.4/169 :-)

WUSTL already told you how much they're giving you?

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby 02082010 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:40 pm

Delinquent wrote:
Katerina wrote:In at BC with a 3.2/171 :mrgreen:

Sweet Splitter Success.


Congrats!


+1.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:42 pm

Katerina wrote:In at BC with a 3.2/171 :mrgreen:

Sweet Splitter Success.


Grats, twin.

jbriggs
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:28 pm

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby jbriggs » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:30 pm

3.1 176 in ED at UVA today hope there were lots of others!

User avatar
Stringer Bell
Posts: 1914
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby Stringer Bell » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:01 am

jbriggs wrote:3.1 176 in ED at UVA today hope there were lots of others!


Nice. We have very similar numbers and it looks like we'll be going to the same place.

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby beef wellington » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:09 am

shadowfrost000 wrote:
Katerina wrote:In at BC with a 3.2/171 :mrgreen:

Sweet Splitter Success.


Grats, twin.


+1 congratulations kat!
Last edited by beef wellington on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lurkster
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:00 am

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby Lurkster » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:11 am

Deferral at Penn today, invitation to interview with Georgetown alum also. Really bummed about the deferral. I now have other apps that I need to get out ASAP...

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:22 pm

In at UMN yesterday.

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby missvik218 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:23 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:In at UMN yesterday.

Congrats!!

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:29 pm

missvik218 wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:In at UMN yesterday.

Congrats!!


Thanks!

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:34 pm

Congrats to those with good news. Now if I could just get ONE acceptance to tide me over for the holidays...

User avatar
Encyclopedia Brown
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:25 am

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:36 pm

Also, just noticed the Reverse-Splitter thread was on the front page also. I think we should engage them in some sort of recreational competition, like field day when I was in elementary school. I think splitters would dominate the three-legged race.

User avatar
Stringer Bell
Posts: 1914
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby Stringer Bell » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:Also, just noticed the Reverse-Splitter thread was on the front page also. I think we should engage them in some sort of recreational competition, like field day when I was in elementary school. I think splitters would dominate the three-legged race.


Count me in. I'd also be game to challenge them to a game of tandem badmitton.

User avatar
xanderdellus
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:58 am

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby xanderdellus » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:58 am

Splitter love from George Mason yesterday! No word on $$.

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby missvik218 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:29 am

Stringer Bell wrote:
Encyclopedia Brown wrote:Also, just noticed the Reverse-Splitter thread was on the front page also. I think we should engage them in some sort of recreational competition, like field day when I was in elementary school. I think splitters would dominate the three-legged race.


Count me in. I'd also be game to challenge them to a game of tandem badmitton.

I want in on the three-legged race FOR SURE!

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby 02082010 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:29 am

First rejection of the cycle... at Illinois. :?

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby 09042014 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:32 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:First rejection of the cycle... at Illinois. :?


170, 3.0? Yuck I would have bet on you getting in with some small $.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby 02082010 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:34 am

Desert Fox wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:First rejection of the cycle... at Illinois. :?


170, 3.0? Yuck I would have bet on you getting in with some small $.


172 2.7 URM.

168 2.3 URM last cycle w/ a January application and I was WL'ed.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby 09042014 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:41 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:First rejection of the cycle... at Illinois. :?


170, 3.0? Yuck I would have bet on you getting in with some small $.


172 2.7 URM.

168 2.3 URM last cycle w/ a January application and I was WL'ed.


172 2.7 URM? Yield Protection maybe, but YP usually includes a waitlist not a reject. Maybe he thought it wasn't fair to wl you and string you along for another year. Although I wouldn't YP someone who was waitlisted and then upped his lsat, and gpa and applied again. That's just not fair.

172 2.7 whitest guy in the world usually gets UIUC.

I wouldn't take it personally you should have no problem getting into northwestern, and without checking LSN probably several T10's.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Splitters Unite! - Official 2010 Splitter Thread

Postby 02082010 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:14 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:First rejection of the cycle... at Illinois. :?


170, 3.0? Yuck I would have bet on you getting in with some small $.


172 2.7 URM.

168 2.3 URM last cycle w/ a January application and I was WL'ed.


172 2.7 URM? Yield Protection maybe, but YP usually includes a waitlist not a reject. Maybe he thought it wasn't fair to wl you and string you along for another year. Although I wouldn't YP someone who was waitlisted and then upped his lsat, and gpa and applied again. That's just not fair.

172 2.7 whitest guy in the world usually gets UIUC.

I wouldn't take it personally you should have no problem getting into northwestern, and without checking LSN probably several T10's.


Thanks. I'm in at UVA already, so I'm not that worried about this rejection. My cycle is pretty much solely focused on the rest of the T14, Vanderbilt and seeing if I can get ND w/ $$$$.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”