Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:21 pm

picaresco wrote:Today, I was sick, so I stayed home from class. During what would've been my philosophy class, I got a call.

In at Yale.

My response: "hahahaha...are you serious?"

Congrats. That's an HYS sweep no? Or no Stanford (yet)?

picaresco
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby picaresco » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:26 pm

crackberry wrote:
picaresco wrote:Today, I was sick, so I stayed home from class. During what would've been my philosophy class, I got a call.

In at Yale.

My response: "hahahaha...are you serious?"

Congrats. That's an HYS sweep no? Or no Stanford (yet)?


No Stanford, I went complete in January because my undergraduate school messed up sending my Dean's Cert. Still, I am now somewhat more confident about the whole thing.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28130
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Looks like I missed the YLS slaughter this week.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:31 pm

VoidSix wrote:Looks like I missed the YLS slaughter this week.

It's only Monday, my friend. Long week ahead of us.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28130
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:32 pm

crackberry wrote:
VoidSix wrote:Looks like I missed the YLS slaughter this week.

It's only Monday, my friend. Long week ahead of us.


Should've said last week.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:34 pm

Congrats to the new admits! :D

Did anyone else get a second call today? I was surprised to see their number on my caller ID again, but I wasn't able to take the call. :?

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby tamlyric » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:37 pm

managamy wrote:Congrats to the new admits! :D

Did anyone else get a second call today? I was surprised to see their number on my caller ID again, but I wasn't able to take the call. :?


+1 on the congrats! Good stuff, people.

Hmmm. Must have been trying to call me. Damn. :wink:
Last edited by tamlyric on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Snoopy1216
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Snoopy1216 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:37 pm

managamy wrote:Congrats to the new admits! :D

Did anyone else get a second call today? I was surprised to see their number on my caller ID again, but I wasn't able to take the call. :?



Yeah, about that.... Can we just work on a first?

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2779
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby forza » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:37 pm

managamy wrote:Congrats to the new admits! :D

Did anyone else get a second call today? I was surprised to see their number on my caller ID again, but I wasn't able to take the call. :?


... :|

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby BenJ » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:39 pm

managamy wrote:Congrats to the new admits! :D

Did anyone else get a second call today? I was surprised to see their number on my caller ID again, but I wasn't able to take the call. :?


Dear managamy,

J/k about that admit. Sucker.

<3 <3 <3,
Yale

gobucks8284
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby gobucks8284 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:41 pm

Congrats to all the other admits! I just got my call around 4 EST from Craig Janecek. Couldn't be more pleased and honored to get in.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:48 pm

BenJ wrote:
managamy wrote:Congrats to the new admits! :D

Did anyone else get a second call today? I was surprised to see their number on my caller ID again, but I wasn't able to take the call. :?


Dear managamy,

J/k about that admit. Sucker.

<3 <3 <3,
Yale


:lol: I had the same thought.

Kulax22
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:23 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Kulax22 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Got dinged. :evil: Pissed because the applicant pool hasn't shut yet. Are we really that bad?

I figured I'd hopefully get WLed or at least rejected later in the game. :(

User avatar
skynet
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:40 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby skynet » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Dinged via snailmail today. Kind of a relief, really.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28130
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:00 pm

skynet wrote:Dinged via snailmail today. Kind of a relief, really.


I imagine it being kind of a relief. Sorry to hear, though.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:02 pm

skynet wrote:Dinged via snailmail today. Kind of a relief, really.

Hard to sting too much with HLS and SLS in the bag, huh?

User avatar
skynet
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:40 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby skynet » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:05 pm

crackberry wrote:
skynet wrote:Dinged via snailmail today. Kind of a relief, really.

Hard to sting too much with HLS and SLS in the bag, huh?

Yeah...
at risk of sounding ridiculous, I have sort of a lot of factors going into my decision as it is, so having one variable eliminated makes things a bit easier, even if I have to pay a small price in ego-equity.

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby tomhobbes » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:06 pm

skynet wrote:Dinged via snailmail today. Kind of a relief, really.


Even Yale does what it can to stop Judgment Day. No fate but what we make.

Kulax22
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:23 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Kulax22 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:10 pm

Maybe we could all pull a "Rudy" and enroll at the local New Haven community school and hang with the YLSers and gradually get welcomed into the fold until a transfer is accepted :mrgreen:

User avatar
skynet
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:40 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby skynet » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:16 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
skynet wrote:Dinged via snailmail today. Kind of a relief, really.


Even Yale does what it can to stop Judgment Day. No fate but what we make.

The Leviathan is a sort of 17c Terminator, n'est pas?

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:20 pm

skynet wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:
skynet wrote:Dinged via snailmail today. Kind of a relief, really.


Even Yale does what it can to stop Judgment Day. No fate but what we make.

The Leviathan is a sort of 17c Terminator, n'est pas?


I've been curious about TH's choice of username too.

User avatar
Inches
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:07 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Inches » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:37 pm

ding dang dong, no Yale for me.

good luck to all the rest, and here are my details:

Applied: 10/08/09
Complete: 10/17/09

LSAT: 172
GPA: 3.94

Strong recs, rare softs and a weak, weak, weak 250.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Veritas » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Inches wrote:ding dang dong, no Yale for me.

good luck to all the rest, and here are my details:

Applied: 10/08/09
Complete: 10/17/09

LSAT: 172
GPA: 3.94

Strong recs, rare softs and a weak, weak, weak 250.

why would you submit a weak x 3 250 if you are applying to yale? Don't you want to make your application as good as possible? Seems like a waste of time/money to apply knowing your materials are below your own estimation of par.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Veritas wrote:
Inches wrote:ding dang dong, no Yale for me.

good luck to all the rest, and here are my details:

Applied: 10/08/09
Complete: 10/17/09

LSAT: 172
GPA: 3.94

Strong recs, rare softs and a weak, weak, weak 250.

why would you submit a weak x 3 250 if you are applying to yale? Don't you want to make your application as good as possible? Seems like a waste of time/money to apply knowing your materials are below your own estimation of par.


Point taken, but I don't think that anyone feels very enthusiastic about their 250 after they submit it (like the JR1). The more that I thought about mine, the worse that it seemed in retrospect.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Veritas » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:48 pm

managamy wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Inches wrote:ding dang dong, no Yale for me.

good luck to all the rest, and here are my details:

Applied: 10/08/09
Complete: 10/17/09

LSAT: 172
GPA: 3.94

Strong recs, rare softs and a weak, weak, weak 250.

why would you submit a weak x 3 250 if you are applying to yale? Don't you want to make your application as good as possible? Seems like a waste of time/money to apply knowing your materials are below your own estimation of par.


Point taken, but I don't think that anyone feels very enthusiastic about their 250 after they submit it (like the JR1). The more that I thought about mine, the worse that it seemed in retrospect.

I don't believe in retrospect.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”