Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Pausanias
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:38 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Pausanias » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:15 am

Veritas wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGn3-RW8Ajk

I know it's for UG, but still <3



Granted this is coming from someone who will be attending Yale, but I thought that was amazing. I shed a single tear during some of the harmonies...

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby GeePee » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:48 am

Kulax22 wrote:Personally, I would imagine they must give some preference, even if it's small, to earlier applicants. To me, that would show the person cares about applying and has their act together. Not to excuse any hasty application in favor of a later, better one...

EDIT:
admitted in roughly equal numbers throughout the admissions season.


So does this mean if you submit early and don't hear anything by now, you're screwed :shock: :x

No. Faculty review probably only started recently, so if you're not considered an auto-admit by the committee, then your app has likely only gotten to "the right places" of late.

pinkhearts
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:19 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby pinkhearts » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:14 pm

thanks guys! maybe i'll send one along, although clock is ticking now.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Kretzy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:17 pm

pinkhearts wrote:thanks guys! maybe i'll send one along, although clock is ticking now.


FINALLY sent in my app. Complete email and everything. Not particularly happy with my 250 though...

pinkhearts
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:19 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby pinkhearts » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:23 pm

Kretzy wrote:
pinkhearts wrote:thanks guys! maybe i'll send one along, although clock is ticking now.


FINALLY sent my app in. Complete email and everything. Not particularly happy with my 250 though...


last year mine was about the Simpsons, they may not have been impressed. idk what to do now.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Kretzy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:47 pm

pinkhearts wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
pinkhearts wrote:thanks guys! maybe i'll send one along, although clock is ticking now.


FINALLY sent my app in. Complete email and everything. Not particularly happy with my 250 though...


last year mine was about the Simpsons, they may not have been impressed. idk what to do now.


That's alright, mine juxtaposes zombie films and gay rights.

pinkhearts
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:19 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby pinkhearts » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:54 pm

Kretzy wrote:
pinkhearts wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
pinkhearts wrote:thanks guys! maybe i'll send one along, although clock is ticking now.


FINALLY sent my app in. Complete email and everything. Not particularly happy with my 250 though...


last year mine was about the Simpsons, they may not have been impressed. idk what to do now.


That's alright, mine juxtaposes zombie films and gay rights.


rad.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby tamlyric » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:00 pm

Kretzy wrote:
pinkhearts wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
pinkhearts wrote:thanks guys! maybe i'll send one along, although clock is ticking now.


FINALLY sent my app in. Complete email and everything. Not particularly happy with my 250 though...


last year mine was about the Simpsons, they may not have been impressed. idk what to do now.


That's alright, mine juxtaposes zombie films and gay rights.


ftw! :mrgreen:

Kulax22
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:23 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Kulax22 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:44 pm

So... when can we expect to hear back from them? Is it all at once in late February? Do they gradually release things? Anyone know the approximate day or time period?

User avatar
Veritas2010
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Veritas2010 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:11 pm

I have a friend who heard in the 2nd last week of Jan last year. She had a low 160, and a 3.9+ GPA, so I'm not sure if she was auto-admit or went through faculty-review. And she applied like Oct/Nov.

I wish they had more seats :(

User avatar
natalie123
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby natalie123 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:20 pm

I just got a call!!! OMG I am in!!!!

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27894
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Kronk » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:21 pm

natalie123 wrote:I just got a call!!! OMG I am in!!!!


HOLY S CONGRATS!

User avatar
fidesverita
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby fidesverita » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:30 pm

Veritas2010 wrote:I have a friend who heard in the 2nd last week of Jan last year. She had a low 160, and a 3.9+ GPA, so I'm not sure if she was auto-admit or went through faculty-review. And she applied like Oct/Nov.

I wish they had more seats :(


Wow that's incredible! Did she happen to be URM?

User avatar
Veritas2010
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Veritas2010 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:10 pm

fidesverita wrote:
Veritas2010 wrote:I have a friend who heard in the 2nd last week of Jan last year. She had a low 160, and a 3.9+ GPA, so I'm not sure if she was auto-admit or went through faculty-review. And she applied like Oct/Nov.

I wish they had more seats :(


Wow that's incredible! Did she happen to be URM?



Yup she's African-American.

User avatar
Veritas2010
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Veritas2010 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:10 pm

natalie123 wrote:I just got a call!!! OMG I am in!!!!



Congrats!!!!! ( I didn't know they worked on Saturdays! )

Oh and if you don't mind my asking, when did you apply/go complete? Thanks!

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby tamlyric » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:16 pm

natalie123 wrote:I just got a call!!! OMG I am in!!!!


HOLY WOW! Congrats. :mrgreen:

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:55 pm

I got the +1 today, completing an HYS sweep!

EDIT: My application was complete on November 19 after submission in the last week of October.

User avatar
DallasCowboy
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:47 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby DallasCowboy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:07 pm

well, I guess your work here is done, managamy. farewell.

User avatar
World B. Free
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:34 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby World B. Free » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:08 pm

good night now!

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:12 pm

Time to migrate over to the CLS and Chicago threads. :wink:

User avatar
Laina
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Laina » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:20 pm

In all seriousness, is Yale it for you managamy?

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:22 pm

Laina wrote:In all seriousness, is Yale it for you managamy?


No, it's unlikely that I'll be spending three years in New Haven.

User avatar
Laina
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Laina » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:25 pm

managamy wrote:
Laina wrote:In all seriousness, is Yale it for you managamy?


No, it's unlikely that I'll be spending three years in New Haven.


Oh, well, congratulations anyway! You deserve to celebrate your HYS sweep.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:27 pm

managamy wrote:
Laina wrote:In all seriousness, is Yale it for you managamy?


No, it's unlikely that I'll be spending three years in New Haven.


congrats on Yale though. Best of luck trying to choose between the best schools. To choices? Stanford, Harvard, Yale, Columbia?

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:37 pm

Laina wrote:
managamy wrote:
Laina wrote:In all seriousness, is Yale it for you managamy?


No, it's unlikely that I'll be spending three years in New Haven.


Oh, well, congratulations anyway! You deserve to celebrate your HYS sweep.


Yale is my family's favorite school, so I'm looking forward to telling them the news tonight. :D It's going to be another great weekend indeed!

In response to the other question, I haven't secured CLS yet, but the odds are that it'll be H or S for me in the fall.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, Google Adsense [Bot], Long shot hero, malysh, studyingeveryday and 17 guests