Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby owhlcn » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:54 pm

ding via email. expected to be pretty bummed, but to be honest, i'm relieved it's not a wl -- cycle's over! headed to cambridge and thrilled about it. best of luck to any on the WL or still waiting to hear. i can now out myself as a yale UG and say that new haven's wonderful and yale is a fantastic place to spend time in any capacity for three years. i'll miss it, but it's time to move on!

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:09 pm

owhlcn wrote:ding via email. expected to be pretty bummed, but to be honest, i'm relieved it's not a wl -- cycle's over! headed to cambridge and thrilled about it. best of luck to any on the WL or still waiting to hear. i can now out myself as a yale UG and say that new haven's wonderful and yale is a fantastic place to spend time in any capacity for three years. i'll miss it, but it's time to move on!


Sorrry to hear it, but you'll have a fabulous time at HLS! A change of scene has its advantages as well.

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby owhlcn » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:10 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
owhlcn wrote:ding via email. expected to be pretty bummed, but to be honest, i'm relieved it's not a wl -- cycle's over! headed to cambridge and thrilled about it. best of luck to any on the WL or still waiting to hear. i can now out myself as a yale UG and say that new haven's wonderful and yale is a fantastic place to spend time in any capacity for three years. i'll miss it, but it's time to move on!


Sorrry to hear it, but you'll have a fabulous time at HLS! A change of scene has its advantages as well.


thanks, CR, much appreciated -- and you're totally correct, i think another 3 years in new haven might have been a bit much. was thrilled to hear you went with stanford, but it's a bummer we'll never take class together!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:45 pm

owhlcn wrote:ding via email. expected to be pretty bummed, but to be honest, i'm relieved it's not a wl -- cycle's over! headed to cambridge and thrilled about it. best of luck to any on the WL or still waiting to hear. i can now out myself as a yale UG and say that new haven's wonderful and yale is a fantastic place to spend time in any capacity for three years. i'll miss it, but it's time to move on!


Sorry to hear, but you will have fun in Cambridge. People in academia frenquently say a change of perspective is good for one's academic career. I am sure you will appreciate the opportunity to study at the other wonderful institution.

It's so wonderful to see all of you heading off to great law schools.

User avatar
neimanmarxist
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:41 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby neimanmarxist » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:16 pm

sorry to hear that owhlcn but HLS will be marvelous.
You just wait & see. Onward & upward!

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby owhlcn » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:21 pm

thanks for the kind words, guys!

a.shoshana
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:43 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby a.shoshana » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:24 am

Waitlisted, and withdrawing. Good luck, guys. :)

notanumber
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby notanumber » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:42 pm

FYI, from twitter:
ylsadmissions wrote:All decisions have been made! Thank you for your patience this cycle. Best of luck to you wherever you choose to go
Last edited by notanumber on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby tomhobbes » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:45 pm

I DEMAND TO KNOW WHICH OF YOU ARE GOING TO THE ASW.

User avatar
Pausanias
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:38 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Pausanias » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:52 pm

tomhobbes wrote:I DEMAND TO KNOW WHICH OF YOU ARE GOING TO THE ASW.


Moi, the karaoke was too much to resist.

jamesieee
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:14 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby jamesieee » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:53 pm

Pausanias wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:I DEMAND TO KNOW WHICH OF YOU ARE GOING TO THE ASW.


Moi, the karaoke was too much to resist.


Me. There's karaoke???

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:55 pm

Pausanias wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:I DEMAND TO KNOW WHICH OF YOU ARE GOING TO THE ASW.


Moi, the karaoke was too much to resist.

There is going to be karaoke (beat me to it, james)?!?

Also, I'm 80% sure I'm coming. Need to get over this sickness, though.

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby tomhobbes » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:02 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
Pausanias wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:I DEMAND TO KNOW WHICH OF YOU ARE GOING TO THE ASW.


Moi, the karaoke was too much to resist.

There is going to be karaoke (beat me to it, james)?!?

Also, I'm 80% sure I'm coming. Need to get over this sickness, though.


wtf in a PM to me not five minutes ago you were 90% sure you were going! This can only mean that something in the last five minutes caused your willingness to go to decrease by ten percent! Was it the karaoke? You don't have to sing, I'm not going to.

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:05 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:
Pausanias wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:I DEMAND TO KNOW WHICH OF YOU ARE GOING TO THE ASW.


Moi, the karaoke was too much to resist.

There is going to be karaoke (beat me to it, james)?!?

Also, I'm 80% sure I'm coming. Need to get over this sickness, though.


wtf in a PM to me not five minutes ago you were 90% sure you were going! This can only mean that something in the last five minutes caused your willingness to go to decrease by ten percent! Was it the karaoke? You don't have to sing, I'm not going to.

My nose got significantly stuffier in the last few minutes. No joke.

notanumber
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby notanumber » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:27 pm

tomhobbes wrote:I DEMAND TO KNOW WHICH OF YOU ARE GOING TO THE ASW.


I will be at the ASW. But karaoke? Let's just say that "musical aptitude" was not a distinguishing feature of my application.

BioEBear2010 wrote: My nose got significantly stuffier in the last few minutes. No joke.

If you don't go to the ASW you'll probably end up at Stanford. And you dare call yourself "BioEBear?" Oski's gonna hang his head in shame. . . . ;)

westbayguy
Posts: 153
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 6:41 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby westbayguy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:45 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:
Pausanias wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:I DEMAND TO KNOW WHICH OF YOU ARE GOING TO THE ASW.


Moi, the karaoke was too much to resist.

There is going to be karaoke (beat me to it, james)?!?

Also, I'm 80% sure I'm coming. Need to get over this sickness, though.


wtf in a PM to me not five minutes ago you were 90% sure you were going! This can only mean that something in the last five minutes caused your willingness to go to decrease by ten percent! Was it the karaoke? You don't have to sing, I'm not going to.


Actually it decreased by 11%, but who's counting?

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby tomhobbes » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:48 pm

Uhhh I don't think it's 11% unless you would also consider going from 90% to 90% a decrease of 1%. Maybe it is though, I'm just a philosophy major, I dunno.

notanumber
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby notanumber » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:04 pm

tomhobbes wrote:Uhhh I don't think it's 11% unless you would also consider going from 90% to 90% a decrease of 1%. Maybe it is though, I'm just a philosophy major, I dunno.


I think it's just like a decrease from 50% sold on the ASW to 25% sold would be a 50% decrease.

Yeah.

I dunno. I'm also bad at math.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:06 pm

tomhobbes wrote:Uhhh I don't think it's 11% unless you would also consider going from 90% to 90% a decrease of 1%. Maybe it is though, I'm just a philosophy major, I dunno.


80% / 90% = 8/9 = 11%. But we're not going to business school, thankfully.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:07 pm

Oh, and BioEBear, just remember that you'll be much healthier in the Bay Area climate than in damp New Haven. :wink:

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby tomhobbes » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:09 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:Uhhh I don't think it's 11% unless you would also consider going from 90% to 90% a decrease of 1%. Maybe it is though, I'm just a philosophy major, I dunno.


80% / 90% = 8/9 = 11%. But we're not going to business school, thankfully.


Oh we were just talking about it in different senses, then. If I say something like "First you said my interest rate was 5%, now it's 4%, that's a decrease of 1%!" in one sense it would be, and in a different sense it would be a decrease of 20%.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:11 pm

notanumber wrote:FYI, from twitter:
ylsadmissions wrote:All decisions have been made! Thank you for your patience this cycle. Best of luck to you wherever you choose to go


Their follow-up tweet was rather amusing, too.

ylsadmissions wrote:Although, we hope that's YLS for those of you we admitted. :)
[/quote]

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby SanBun » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:17 pm

still haven't heard anything. starting to think the e-mail never reached me. will probably call them tomorrow- or is that a bad idea?

User avatar
dutchstriker
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby dutchstriker » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:37 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:Uhhh I don't think it's 11% unless you would also consider going from 90% to 90% a decrease of 1%. Maybe it is though, I'm just a philosophy major, I dunno.


80% / 90% = 8/9 = 11%. But we're not going to business school, thankfully.


Oh we were just talking about it in different senses, then. If I say something like "First you said my interest rate was 5%, now it's 4%, that's a decrease of 1%!" in one sense it would be, and in a different sense it would be a decrease of 20%.

Percent decrease v. percentage point decrease. Problem solved.

I'm precise with language and would be a great mediator, Yale. Please take me off the WL.

User avatar
dutchstriker
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby dutchstriker » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:38 pm

SanBun wrote:still haven't heard anything. starting to think the e-mail never reached me. will probably call them tomorrow- or is that a bad idea?

Considering they just tweeted that they're done making decisions, it's probably not a bad idea. CHECK YOU SPAM FILTERS FIRST THOUGH.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Bing [Bot], Bob loblaw law blog, BruiseWillis, dreamer_13, jurisdoctor2020, monotonemr, trohara14 and 28 guests