Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
existenz

Re: Yale 2010

Postby existenz » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:31 pm

CardinalRules wrote:I forgot to mention it with all of the drama happening around here, but I withdrew a little while ago.

Congrats on Stanford! I do have to say, CR has always come across as a really nice guy considering that with his cycle and numbers he could have been the biggest douche on TLS.

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:35 pm

existenz wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:I forgot to mention it with all of the drama happening around here, but I withdrew a little while ago.

Congrats on Stanford! I do have to say, CR has always come across as a really nice guy considering that with his cycle and numbers he could have been the biggest douche on TLS.

This is questionable ;)

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:41 pm

ConMan345 wrote:
existenz wrote:

This is questionable ;)

To be fair, I don't recall any posts where CardinalRules seemed like anything other than a nice guy :)

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:44 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
ConMan345 wrote:
existenz wrote:

This is questionable ;)

To be fair, I don't recall any posts where CardinalRules seemed like anything other than a nice guy :)

So if I shoot someone then change my name, I'm good, right?
:wink: :wink: :wink:

neimanmarxist

Postby neimanmarxist » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:15 pm

:shock:

That's very....Maslow. (in a nice way.)

congrats on making your decision :)

existenz

Postby existenz » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:27 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:To be fair, I don't recall any posts where CardinalRules seemed like anything other than a nice guy :)

I'm assuming I must have missed something pertinent from the Managamy days. Did he used to troll the CCN threads telling everyone "Better luck next life, suckas!" or something?

lawyering

Postby lawyering » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:42 pm

existenz wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:To be fair, I don't recall any posts where CardinalRules seemed like anything other than a nice guy :)

I'm assuming I must have missed something pertinent from the Managamy days. Did he used to troll the CCN threads telling everyone "Better luck next life, suckas!" or something?

no but he was the first to brag oh so modestly (read: obnoxiously) about his own HYS trifecta (some of us don't feel the need to rub in the hys sweep)

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Anything, anyone, yet?

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone! I'm really content with the decision and am excited about the next three years. :D

"A little while ago" = a few days ago. Probably I should have withdrawn sooner, but I had a hard time pulling the trigger. I didn't see CB's previous posts, so I'm glad that Kretzy pointed everyone towards the LSN. If Yale doesn't deliver for you, I hope to see both of you on campus in August.

It's gratifying to hear the thoughts of those like existenz, since I had a quite different reputation around here some time ago. Since that time, though, I've tried to reacquire people's respect, and I'm glad to know that it's working and that it can happen. :)

dudester

Postby dudester » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:38 pm

crackberry wrote:

Can you define "a little while ago"?

Also, you never answered my question about which way you're leaning, which I took to mean you didn't want to answer it, which is fine. If, however, it was because you never saw it, please either post or PM.

Are you still considering Harvard's offer?

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:41 pm

dudester wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Also, you never answered my question about which way you're leaning, which I took to mean you didn't want to answer it, which is fine. If, however, it was because you never saw it, please either post or PM.

Congrats on HLS, CB! :D I didn't know about it.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:03 pm

dudester wrote:
crackberry wrote:

No, just curious to see what CR chose. As soon as I officially get WLed or rejected by YLS, I will commit to SLS.

CardinalRules wrote:
Congrats on HLS, CB! :D I didn't know about it.

Thanks

pleasepickme

Postby pleasepickme » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:17 pm

Okay, so Yale is definitely still actively making decisions between waitlists and acceptances. I got an email from Craig a few days ago telling me I was one or the other, but he couldn't say which, because I had a scholly deadline coming up. I just emailed again and asked for an update, and he told me they just finished with me a few minutes ago, and I am officially waitlisted.

Disappointed, but mostly relieved to have a final decision.

For those still waiting, they are still actively deciding though, and acceptances are still coming!!!!

nawktasy

Postby nawktasy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:23 pm

pleasepickme wrote:Okay, so Yale is definitely still actively making decisions between waitlists and acceptances. I got an email from Craig a few days ago telling me I was one or the other, but he couldn't say which, because I had a scholly deadline coming up. I just emailed again and asked for an update, and he told me they just finished with me a few minutes ago, and I am officially waitlisted.

For those still waiting, they are still actively deciding though, and acceptances are still coming!!!!

Thanks for that info, pleasepickme, my friend in YS waiting. If I hadn't already bothered S, I would call to try to get more info for us, but in any case, I'm rooting for you on the Stanford front!

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:24 pm

pleasepickme wrote:Okay, so Yale is definitely still actively making decisions between waitlists and acceptances. I got an email from Craig a few days ago telling me I was one or the other, but he couldn't say which, because I had a scholly deadline coming up. I just emailed again and asked for an update, and he told me they just finished with me a few minutes ago, and I am officially waitlisted.

I'm sorry to muddy the waters, but I called this morning (also because I have an upcoming scholarship deadline), and I was specifically told that YLS was done with acceptances as of Tuesday. According to the person I spoke with, the only decisions yet to be made are regarding who will be waitlisted and who will be rejected.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Here's the official information on decision notifications: rejections and wait list offers will be sent by e-mail, to be followed later by letters via regular mail.

pleasepickme

Postby pleasepickme » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Dignan wrote:

I'm sorry to muddy the waters, but I called this morning (also because I have an upcoming scholarship deadline), and I was specifically told that YLS was done with acceptances as of Tuesday. According to the person I spoke with, the only decisions yet to be made are regarding who will be waitlisted and who will be rejected.

Well, maybe I'm misinterpreting, but that wasn't the impression I got from Craig. He told me Monday I was either accepted or waitlisted, but they hadn't decided which. At 2pm CST today, he said they had just made my decision "minutes ago" and I was waitlisted. Maybe he led me astray on monday, or maybe the phone person is just trying to be consistent with twitter. I don't know...

pleasepickme

Postby pleasepickme » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:28 pm

nawktasy wrote:

Thanks for that info, pleasepickme, my friend in YS waiting. If I hadn't already bothered S, I would call to try to get more info for us, but in any case, I'm rooting for you on the Stanford front!

Thanks, and good luck to you too!!

Heather85

Postby Heather85 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:45 pm

Just rejected by email.

neimanmarxist

Postby neimanmarxist » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:45 pm

I'm sorry NR. I'll join you shortly. (((( hug))))

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Nightrunner wrote:Rejections are coming out now, via email.

Ask me how I know. :?

Sorry NR. :(

tamlyric

Postby tamlyric » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:48 pm

neimanmarxist wrote:I'm sorry NR. I'll join you shortly. (((( hug))))

Careful about making promises you can't keep, Neiman. :wink:

gerghk

Postby gerghk » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:52 pm

Rejected via email too :-/

lta

Postby lta » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:53 pm

Sorry Nightrunner and all others... just waiting for mine to come thru any second now... :(

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Sorry to all the news coming out now... but, I know you all have a lot of other great options (as do I).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”