Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pleasepickme

Re: Yale 2010

Postby pleasepickme » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:11 am

It's a weird feeling knowing that this is it, do or die. If the phone doesn't ring today, it will never ring.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:12 am

pleasepickme wrote:It's a weird feeling knowing that this is it, do or die. If the phone doesn't ring today, it will never ring.

There is no reason to destroy a perfectly good phone now...

lta

Postby lta » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:16 am

r6_philly wrote:
pleasepickme wrote:It's a weird feeling knowing that this is it, do or die. If the phone doesn't ring today, it will never ring.

There is no reason to destroy a perfectly good phone now...

poor phone.

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:18 pm

unless this just reflects an acceptance from yesterday, calls have started again:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/PattiLaBelle4eva

*clutches phone*

pleasepickme

Postby pleasepickme » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Phone just rang. My heart jumped to my throat as a lunged for it. It was the pharmacy telling me a prescription is ready.

It's going to be a very very long day.

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:32 pm

pleasepickme wrote:Phone just rang. My heart jumped to my throat as a lunged for it. It was the pharmacy telling me a prescription is ready.

prescription for something regarding anxiety?

pleasepickme

Postby pleasepickme » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:46 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:
pleasepickme wrote:Phone just rang. My heart jumped to my throat as a lunged for it. It was the pharmacy telling me a prescription is ready.

Lolz. No, although that would be a great idea.

theadw

Postby theadw » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:52 pm

pleasepickme wrote:
bloodonthetracks wrote:

Unsurprisingly, I recommend doing exactly what I did: turning your phone off or keeping it away from you. Check it around 6 PM EST; you'll only have one bout of anxiety in lieu of 80.

Best of luck to all still waiting.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:57 pm

So it turns out, Yale hasn't even taken the time to send me a rejection letter after my early February complete. Looks like I'm THAT much of a joke to them. Thanks Yale, feels good to realize you don't even get a ding for $70.

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:57 pm

theadw wrote:Unsurprisingly, I recommend doing exactly what I did: turning your phone off or keeping it away from you.

that sounds far too mature and rational for me, i think.

pleasepickme

Postby pleasepickme » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:59 pm

theadw wrote:
pleasepickme wrote:
bloodonthetracks wrote:

Unsurprisingly, I recommend doing exactly what I did: turning your phone off or keeping it away from you. Check it around 6 PM EST; you'll only have one bout of anxiety in lieu of 80.

Best of luck to all still waiting.

Good call, I did that. It worked while waiting for the Harvard phone call. Here's hoping!

neimanmarxist

Postby neimanmarxist » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:02 pm

owhlcn wrote:
theadw wrote:Unsurprisingly, I recommend doing exactly what I did: turning your phone off or keeping it away from you.

that sounds far too mature and rational for me, i think.

+1. I'm holding out (false) hope 'til the bitter end.
To continue the Titanic metaphor someone trotted out yesterday, I'm playing the violin until I'm engulfed by the icy waves. Yup. That's me.

(OK, IRL I'm probably a lot less dignified, scrabbling about trying to drag people off lifeboats and save myself, but grant me the violin-playing fantasy. It will console me in my time of Rejection From Yale )

kcord002

Postby kcord002 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:04 pm

i'm scared

democrattotheend

Postby democrattotheend » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:19 pm

SanBun wrote:So it turns out, Yale hasn't even taken the time to send me a rejection letter after my early February complete. Looks like I'm THAT much of a joke to them. Thanks Yale, feels good to realize you don't even get a ding for $70.

If you have not gotten a rejection letter, how do you know you've been rejected?

The way I look at it, every day that I don't get rejected is a day I still have a chance. Granted, a very small chance, but I'm not going to give up on a dream until I have to.

Gymnast0206

Postby Gymnast0206 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:24 pm

democrattotheend wrote:
If you have not gotten a rejection letter, how do you know you've been rejected?

The way I look at it, every day that I don't get rejected is a day I still have a chance. Granted, a very small chance, but I'm not going to give up on a dream until I have to.

Amen! That's exactly how I view it too . . . and every time my phone has rang today I tense up in a fit of excitement . . . only to be disappointed. But, I'm still keeping good thoughts!

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:31 pm

democrattotheend wrote:
SanBun wrote:So it turns out, Yale hasn't even taken the time to send me a rejection letter after my early February complete. Looks like I'm THAT much of a joke to them. Thanks Yale, feels good to realize you don't even get a ding for $70.

yeah, but other, much "easier" school have already rejected me, so my hopes are pretty crushed. It's just that i know that statistically, there's a really really big chance I'll be rejected. in that case, i'd really like to get it over with.

do you think i should call them to see what's going on? I feel like i've been complete for a while now

dutchstriker

Postby dutchstriker » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:33 pm

SanBun wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:

yeah, but other, much "easier" school have already rejected me, so my hopes are pretty crushed. It's just that i know that statistically, there's a really really big chance I'll be rejected. in that case, i'd really like to get it over with.

do you think i should call them to see what's going on? I feel like i've been complete for a while now

Uh. No. They tweeted for you; that should be sufficient.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:35 pm

dutchstriker wrote:
SanBun wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:

Uh. No. They tweeted for you; that should be sufficient.

they did? where? link?

a.shoshana

Postby a.shoshana » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Okay, shut up.

I've been complete since October and haven't heard jackshit. Same as some other people. You're lucky by our standards.

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Boba Fett wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Boba Fett wrote:
crackberry wrote:I think I would peg the odds of my getting a call tomorrow at approximately 15:1 — the odds that any one candidate will be admitted to Yale. I'd say my numbers put me in the lower third of applicants, but that the rest of my application puts me in the upper third, thereby balancing out and giving me something around a 5-10 percent shot.

such arrogance

No, actually, just calculated realism.

My ass.

How have all you good people in the Yale thread not yet realized that this is Herb Watchfell?

Herb Watchfell, last post date: March 29
Boba Fett, created on: March 30

Both trolls trying to be "insiders" on the YLS thread. Coincidence? I think not.

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:39 pm

Hey GeePee, I think I saw you at HLS ASW when you asked Dean Minow a question, lol. (yes?)

GeePee

Postby GeePee » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:42 pm

Yeah! That was me! You should have said hi! We had a pretty awesome TLS meetup on Saturday night. Were your impressions as positive as mine?

(Honestly though, after posting the self-tar I got asked by about 10 lurkers if I was GeePee, which I thought was pretty funny. This was in addition to all the posters that recognized me)

a.shoshana

Postby a.shoshana » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:44 pm

Actually, I'm starting to think it is just me... has anyone else been complete since October and not heard anything?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:46 pm

a.shoshana wrote:Actually, I'm starting to think it is just me... has anyone else been complete since October and not heard anything?

There are definitely others. Is YLS a viable option for you? I thought you were set on CLS? Did you not get a Hamilton/Butler?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:48 pm

GeePee wrote:Yeah! That was me! You should have said hi! We had a pretty awesome TLS meetup on Saturday night. Were your impressions as positive as mine?

(Honestly though, after posting the self-tar I got asked by about 10 lurkers if I was GeePee, which I thought was pretty funny. This was in addition to all the posters that recognized me)

I'm going to use this opportunity to ask a question: how does one recognize someone from an Internet forum without having any idea what that person looks like? I'm reminded of when I read books that are subsequently made into movies and the actor the studio picks to play a character from the book looks nothing like what I'd imagined that character would look like. Obviously a self-tar gives you away, but excepting that, how do you pick someone out?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”