Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Nightrunner wrote:congrats, you lucky forker!


:lol: It took me a minute to realize what you were saying.
Last edited by CardinalRules on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:10 pm

Congrats! Anyone else?

User avatar
Dignan
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Dignan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:34 pm

Well, after all these months, we are now down to one final day of admits. With the exception of any lucky souls who are later admitted off the waitlist, tomorrow should be it.

It's a funny feeling to have an (almost literally) 1 in 1,000 chance of getting a phone call. It's like I bet on UC Santa Barbara to win the NCAA basketball tournament and, tomorrow, I'll find out if the Gauchos somehow pulled it off.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:36 pm

Always dream big!

chopsticks3092
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:04 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby chopsticks3092 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:52 pm

Dignan wrote:Well, after all these months, we are now down to one final day of admits. With the exception of any lucky souls who are later admitted off the waitlist, tomorrow should be it.

It's a funny feeling to have an (almost literally) 1 in 1,000 chance of getting a phone call. It's like I bet on UC Santa Barbara to win the NCAA basketball tournament and, tomorrow, I'll find out if the Gauchos somehow pulled it off.


1 in 1,000 might be an overestimate in the UCSB example, although it's an underestimate in your case.

User avatar
Gymnast0206
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Gymnast0206 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:03 pm

theadw wrote:IN HOLY [FORK]




Congrats! And, by the looks of it, you're the only one on LSN to be accepted today.

User avatar
Dignan
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Dignan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:14 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
Dignan wrote:Well, after all these months, we are now down to one final day of admits. With the exception of any lucky souls who are later admitted off the waitlist, tomorrow should be it.

It's a funny feeling to have an (almost literally) 1 in 1,000 chance of getting a phone call. It's like I bet on UC Santa Barbara to win the NCAA basketball tournament and, tomorrow, I'll find out if the Gauchos somehow pulled it off.


1 in 1,000 might be an overestimate in the UCSB example, although it's an underestimate in your case.

Although I remain quite pessimistic about my chances, I think you're probably right. I will rest well tonight, secure in the knowledge that my dwindling chances of being accepted by Yale are still somewhat better than were UCSB's chances of winning the NCAA tournament.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:20 pm

I think I would peg the odds of my getting a call tomorrow at approximately 15:1 — the odds that any one candidate will be admitted to Yale. I'd say my numbers put me in the lower third of applicants, but that the rest of my application puts me in the upper third, thereby balancing out and giving me something around a 5-10 percent shot.

nawktasy
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby nawktasy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:31 pm

Congrats, theadw! :D

Given that theadw appears to be the only acceptance on TLS/LSN, and that said acceptance came at 5:03, I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the majority of the acceptances will be given out tomorrow. I could be wrong, but, hey, it's somewhat logical.

Here's also hoping that WLs and rejections come via e-mail, quick, on Wednesday.

Anyone else also waiting for Stanford? With YS appearing to make their final first round decisions this week, I am extra nervous. It'd be nice, having avoided small thin envelopes heretofore, to get into one of the two. Good luck to all still waiting!

User avatar
Boba Fett
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Boba Fett » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:36 pm

crackberry wrote:I think I would peg the odds of my getting a call tomorrow at approximately 15:1 — the odds that any one candidate will be admitted to Yale. I'd say my numbers put me in the lower third of applicants, but that the rest of my application puts me in the upper third, thereby balancing out and giving me something around a 5-10 percent shot.


such arrogance

User avatar
bloodonthetracks
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby bloodonthetracks » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:49 pm

nawktasy wrote:Congrats, theadw! :D

Given that theadw appears to be the only acceptance on TLS/LSN, and that said acceptance came at 5:03, I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the majority of the acceptances will be given out tomorrow. I could be wrong, but, hey, it's somewhat logical.

Here's also hoping that WLs and rejections come via e-mail, quick, on Wednesday.

Anyone else also waiting for Stanford? With YS appearing to make their final first round decisions this week, I am extra nervous. It'd be nice, having avoided small thin envelopes heretofore, to get into one of the two. Good luck to all still waiting!


Do they WL and reject by email?

User avatar
eagles111
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby eagles111 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:50 pm

really glad I was at work all day and didnt check tls or twitter till just now. My phone rang like 7 or 8 times and i would have pissed myself every one. On that note, looking forward to tomorrow. GL everybody.

nawktasy
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby nawktasy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:56 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:Do they WL and reject by email?


According to someone upthread, they WLed and rejected people via e-mail in mid-April last year. This is also in accord with one of Asha's latest blog posts, which, I believe, stated that non-acceptance decisions would be e-mailed toward the end of the cycle.

Hopefully, you won't have to find out! :)

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Boba Fett wrote:
crackberry wrote:I think I would peg the odds of my getting a call tomorrow at approximately 15:1 — the odds that any one candidate will be admitted to Yale. I'd say my numbers put me in the lower third of applicants, but that the rest of my application puts me in the upper third, thereby balancing out and giving me something around a 5-10 percent shot.


such arrogance

No, actually, just calculated realism.

User avatar
Boba Fett
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Boba Fett » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:03 pm

crackberry wrote:
Boba Fett wrote:
crackberry wrote:I think I would peg the odds of my getting a call tomorrow at approximately 15:1 — the odds that any one candidate will be admitted to Yale. I'd say my numbers put me in the lower third of applicants, but that the rest of my application puts me in the upper third, thereby balancing out and giving me something around a 5-10 percent shot.


such arrogance

No, actually, just calculated realism.


My ass.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Boba Fett wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Boba Fett wrote:
crackberry wrote:I think I would peg the odds of my getting a call tomorrow at approximately 15:1 — the odds that any one candidate will be admitted to Yale. I'd say my numbers put me in the lower third of applicants, but that the rest of my application puts me in the upper third, thereby balancing out and giving me something around a 5-10 percent shot.


such arrogance

No, actually, just calculated realism.


My ass.

Yeah, you're right.

User avatar
chi16
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:12 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby chi16 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:37 pm

per usual, please forgive my ignorance. why does everyone think tomorrow will be the final day for regular decision admits?

User avatar
Boba Fett
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Boba Fett » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:39 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
Boba Fett wrote:
This drudgery reeks of Ding. Please, cut the stank out.


Hey man, we can't all go around quoting the Bible while posting pictures of Vida Guerra's wet ass.


Speaking of wetness and women:

"And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up. And the servant ran to meet her, and said, Let me, I pray thee, drink a little water of thy pitcher. And she said, Drink, my lord: and she hasted, and let down her pitcher upon her hand, and gave him drink." Genesis 24:16-18

May we all be so fortunate as to drink a little water from Vida's pitcher.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:51 pm

Boba Fett wrote:May we all be so fortunate as to drink a little water from Vida's pitcher.


Why?

User avatar
chi16
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:12 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby chi16 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:52 pm

Nightrunner wrote:http://twitter.com/ylsadmissions, plus general paranoia and dread.


I saw the tweet, I'm wondering why people think it's the FINAL day of admits.

Not that it really matters, I've abandoned all hope. It's looking like NYU or potentially Michigan.

nawktasy
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby nawktasy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:57 pm

chi16 wrote:I saw the tweet, I'm wondering why people think it's the FINAL day of admits.


Last year's cycle on LSN would predict that only acceptances off the WL will take place past this week. That, and, this week, Yale will finally be issuing waitlists for the first time all cycle. So it really appears as though they have reviewed each and every application at this point and are ready to fill their class.

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby soonergirl » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:59 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Boba Fett wrote:May we all be so fortunate as to drink a little water from Vida's pitcher.


Why?


I'm guessing he can't get a drink anywhere else?

lta
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby lta » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:05 am

All quiet?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:08 am

They are 4 new members to the FB group so I guess they did call a few people yesterday.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aquinas, blackpi, carlos_danger, cd1945, dala77, fortunecookie1, Google [Bot], jdanz, jtn123, proteinshake, Thomas Hagan, ESQ., Tsubomi93 and 50 guests