Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
soonergirl

Re: Yale 2010

Postby soonergirl » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:42 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
My Personal Statement wrote:I once made a World of Warcraft PVP video that gained a cult following in America and was soon illegally appropriated and distributed on a number of Chinese websites. This is why I would like to study international law at your prestigious institution.

Your personal statement wrote itself? NO FAIR!! No wonder you got in everywhere. Friggin' wizard.

Boba Fett

Postby Boba Fett » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:58 am

soonergirl wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:
My Personal Statement wrote:I once made a World of Warcraft PVP video that gained a cult following in America and was soon illegally appropriated and distributed on a number of Chinese websites. This is why I would like to study international law at your prestigious institution.

Your personal statement wrote itself? NO FAIR!! No wonder you got in everywhere. Friggin' wizard.

:arrow:
Last edited by Boba Fett on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

eagles111

Postby eagles111 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:58 am

soonergirl wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:

Your personal statement wrote itself? NO FAIR!! No wonder you got in everywhere. Friggin' [strike]wizard[/strike] affliction-spec blood-elf warlock

ftfy

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:08 am

eagles111 wrote:
soonergirl wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:

Your personal statement wrote itself? NO FAIR!! No wonder you got in everywhere. Friggin' [strike]wizard[/strike] affliction-spec blood-elf warlock

ftfy

ummm... shadowstep undead rogue... :roll:

Ranita

Postby Ranita » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:57 am

soonergirl wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:I run a Twitter account with hundreds of international followers, though, and also I write a blog that is fairly well circulated in some circles. Both of these activities are better suited to my interests than FB.

how funny. For two years I blogged and ran a political forum with thousands of users, but I have no interest in fb. I don't even have an account. I do want to meet my fellow future classmates, but I'm not sure it's worth giving up my fb-free status for.

I had no FB account until 15 March 2009. Then Craig called.

Meeting future classmates, networking, and just plain staying in touch with family and friends are all good reasons to use FB. There are downsides, but all in all I do not regret making the switch.

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:36 am

eagles111 wrote:
soonergirl wrote:[strike]wizard[/strike] affliction-spec blood-elf warlock
ftfy
tomhobbes wrote:ummm... shadowstep undead rogue... :roll:

Nightrunner wrote:swampwalking thrull?

CoaltoNewCastle

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:02 pm

I like technology and I like communicating with people so I like Facebook.

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Ranita wrote:I had no FB account until 15 March 2009. Then Craig called.

Meeting future classmates, networking, and just plain staying in touch with family and friends are all good reasons to use FB. There are downsides, but all in all I do not regret making the switch.

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:I like technology and I like communicating with people so I like Facebook.

I rather doubt that anyone's trying to vilify facebook. It probably just suits some better than others.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:46 pm

Remember in one Futurama episode Bender got brain washed and joined an anti-technology movement and replaced all his body parts with bamboo and wood? That's how I feel. My favorite place on earth would be a quiet beach away from humanity with a wooden shed as shelter... like a Hindu reclusive, only near the sea. Oh I can dream...

Constructive use of FB and the like is fine. Many kids today overuse social media. It is detrimental to their development IMO. Many kids at my school lacks personal skills face-to-face, they gravitate toward FB as the preferred mode of communication.

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:05 pm

r6_philly wrote:Remember in one Futurama episode Bender got brain washed and joined an anti-technology movement and replaced all his body parts with bamboo and wood? That's how I feel. My favorite place on earth would be a quiet beach away from humanity with a wooden shed as shelter... like a Hindu reclusive, only near the sea. Oh I can dream...

OR you can go to Cornell.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:39 pm

soonergirl wrote:
Ranita wrote:I had no FB account until 15 March 2009. Then Craig called.

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:I like technology and I like communicating with people so I like Facebook.

I rather doubt that anyone's trying to vilify facebook. It probably just suits some better than others.

+1. I wasn't trying to criticize it in general, just saying that it doesn't serve much purpose for my personal interests.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:
OR you can go to Cornell.

It's neither near the sea nor warm.

CoaltoNewCastle

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:10 pm

Yeah, sorry, Cardinal, I know you weren't saying that Facebook sucks or technology sucks. My comment sounded kind of snotty, sorry. I just get annoyed at wannabe intellectuals my age talking about how Facebook sucks and technology is bringing people apart. There are definitely things I dislike about Facebook and other services, like how sloppy people have gotten with spelling and grammar, but overall I really like technology and the internet and how easy it is to communicate with people now.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:19 pm

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:Yeah, sorry, Cardinal, I know you weren't saying that Facebook sucks or technology sucks. My comment sounded kind of snotty, sorry. I just get annoyed at wannabe intellectuals my age talking about how Facebook sucks and technology is bringing people apart. There are definitely things I dislike about Facebook and other services, like how sloppy people have gotten with spelling and grammar, but overall I really like technology and the internet and how easy it is to communicate with people now.

Both effects exist. Many people prefer online communication over in-person communication due to a variety of reasons. Online personas are also frequently different from the real ones. One doesn't have to be a wannabe intellectual to observe such things.

What does one's age have to do with the validity of one's ideas? You are young aren't you?

adameus

Postby adameus » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:30 pm

ITT: People on an internet forum argue about the validity of online communication.

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:40 pm

adameus wrote:ITT: People on an internet forum argue about the validity of online communication.

nonono, you've got it all wrong. ITT people who spend all their time online argue that other people spend too much time online.

CoaltoNewCastle

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:59 am

r6_philly wrote:
CoaltoNewCastle wrote:Yeah, sorry, Cardinal, I know you weren't saying that Facebook sucks or technology sucks. My comment sounded kind of snotty, sorry. I just get annoyed at wannabe intellectuals my age talking about how Facebook sucks and technology is bringing people apart. There are definitely things I dislike about Facebook and other services, like how sloppy people have gotten with spelling and grammar, but overall I really like technology and the internet and how easy it is to communicate with people now.

Both effects exist. Many people prefer online communication over in-person communication due to a variety of reasons. Online personas are also frequently different from the real ones. One doesn't have to be a wannabe intellectual to observe such things.

What does one's age have to do with the validity of one's ideas? You are young aren't you?

I'm just saying that in my time as a college student in New York City (Staten Island, but I go to the other islands a lot), I've talked to a lot of pretentious pseudo-intellectuals who make a big stink about how technology brings people apart, and these people are annoying. It's just a cliche with hipsters that they hate Facebook and technology. Also they don't seem to care about all the lives information technology saves, and how much easier it makes things. I'm not saying everybody who criticizes the internet is a pseudo-intellectual though.

Boba Fett

Postby Boba Fett » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:22 am

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:I've talked to a lot of pretentious pseudo-intellectuals who make a big stink about how technology brings people apart

It does both, though I've yet to figure out the net. Pun unintended.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:10 am

soonergirl wrote:
adameus wrote:ITT: People on an internet forum argue about the validity of online communication.

nonono, you've got it all wrong. ITT people who spend all their time online argue that other people spend too much time online.

Nonono, you got it all wrong too. Online != social networking. Remember the Internet was invented as means to further research and information sharing, social use is a by product. Coal is actually arguing for the productive use and I am against the overly abused social use.

I look forward to the time that I don't have to be connected to the Internet but unfortunately I can't perform ANY work without being online, which explains why I am on here all the time... sad but necessary. On top of that I can't do a lot of my work before midnight :| .

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:34 am

What do you say, Asha? How 'bout some calls this week?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:36 am

crackberry wrote:What do you say, Asha? How 'bout some calls this week?

It's been almost two weeks, I think they are going to hold to traditions and let most decisions out before the 15th. Maybe they will start tomorrow? I hope Wed at the latest. Good luck everyone!

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:00 am

Also, where did Herb go? Did he get banned?

dovetail

Postby dovetail » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:37 pm

New twitter post... it's happening!

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:39 pm

THANK GOD

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:41 pm

So basically if your phone doesn't sing 203 today and tomorrow it's all over?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”