Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby soonergirl » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:42 pm

wait. the admissions people don't read these threads, do they?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:43 pm

soonergirl wrote:
expat wrote:In a contest I once urinated a distance of more than 15 feet. I bet none of you famous and well-published people could do that...


I peed on a longhorn logo once. (I decline to disclose how much I'd had to drink.)


Not enough if you remember it.

User avatar
rotflawl
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:31 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby rotflawl » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:43 pm

Gymnast0206 wrote:
rotflawl wrote:Based on current discussion, how much will my having been on The Ellen Show increase my chances?



About as much as me being chosen as a "Woman to Watch" in a magazine next the stars from The Sex and the City


Is that code for "a lot"?

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby soonergirl » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:43 pm

wow. I've heard of pissing contests before, but this takes the cake. (Please note: this is not an invitation to admit that you once peed on a cake.)

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:44 pm

soonergirl wrote:wait. the admissions people don't read these threads, do they?


We are all fun loving people, some older than others :D

This is the best thread in this forum. We are so serious.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:44 pm

soonergirl wrote:wait. the admissions people don't read these threads, do they?


Asha reads everything that is written in this thread.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:44 pm

r6_philly wrote:
crackberry wrote:
expat wrote:In a contest I once urinated a distance of more than 15 feet. I bet none of you famous and well-published people could do that...

I pissed off the edge of Half Dome once, so that went like 2,000 feet.


I pissed at over 140 mph so it went well over 2000 feet. Horizontal.


Is there a formula involved here to calculate the distance?

User avatar
Gymnast0206
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Gymnast0206 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:45 pm

rotflawl wrote:
Gymnast0206 wrote:
rotflawl wrote:Based on current discussion, how much will my having been on The Ellen Show increase my chances?



About as much as me being chosen as a "Woman to Watch" in a magazine next the stars from The Sex and the City


Is that code for "a lot"?


I guess we'll see when my admissions decision comes out, but I hope so.

expat
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:56 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby expat » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:45 pm

I believe you may all have interpreted that a bit too literally. Clearly I was implying that my pissing ability is superior to yours assuming a level playing field and an objective criterion, namely distance.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:46 pm

Sometimes I :lol: at the thought of people who wouldn't dare to click on the Yale thread because of the elevated discussion that must be going on here.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:47 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
crackberry wrote:
expat wrote:In a contest I once urinated a distance of more than 15 feet. I bet none of you famous and well-published people could do that...

I pissed off the edge of Half Dome once, so that went like 2,000 feet.


I pissed at over 140 mph so it went well over 2000 feet. Horizontal.


Is there a formula involved here to calculate the distance?


140 x 5280 / 3600 = 205.333 feet/sec. So if it takes over 10 secs.

Here is your scientific content.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:48 pm

expat wrote:I believe you may all have interpreted that a bit too literally. Clearly I was implying that my pissing ability is superior to yours assuming a level playing field and an objective criterion, namely distance.


I think we are simply going for the larger number here.

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby soonergirl » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:52 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
soonergirl wrote:wait. the admissions people don't read these threads, do they?


Asha reads everything that is written in this thread.


Hi, Asha. I regret to report that I didn't apply to your school. But after thorough consideration of Yale's credentials, I concluded that you just weren't soonergirl material. This should not be seen as a reflection of Yale's potential, as competition this year was considerable, and many qualified schools did not receive applications. But please accept my congratulations on all your applicants, and my sincere wishes for a stellar incoming class.
Last edited by soonergirl on Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

expat
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:56 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby expat » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:52 pm

r6_philly wrote:
expat wrote:I believe you may all have interpreted that a bit too literally. Clearly I was implying that my pissing ability is superior to yours assuming a level playing field and an objective criterion, namely distance.


I think we are simply going for the larger number here.

In that case, I hearby invoke the pics or it didn't happen rule for all claims involving performance-enhancing situational factors.

User avatar
Gymnast0206
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Gymnast0206 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:53 pm

soonergirl wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
soonergirl wrote:wait. the admissions people don't read these threads, do they?


Asha reads everything that is written in this thread.


Hi, Asha. I regret to report that I didn't apply to your school. But after thorough consideration of Yale's credentials, I concluded that you just weren't soonergirl material. This should not be seen as a reflection of Yale's potential, as competition this year was considerable, and many qualified schools did not receive applications. But please accept my congratulations on all your applicants, and my sincere wishes for a stellar incoming class.



lol, this is fantastic.

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby soonergirl » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:57 pm

Gymnast0206 wrote:lol, this is fantastic.



See, Harvard!? I'm really super witty! And I have fantastic aim when I pee. And plus my entire wardrobe is already crimson. You should accept me. You know you want to....

notanumber
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:28 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby notanumber » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:59 pm

I'm not famous and my only "blog" was a livejournal in high school that nobody ever read (or so I desperately hope).

But I do like puppies.

That's gotta count for something.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:00 pm

notanumber wrote:I'm not famous and my only "blog" was a livejournal in high school that nobody ever read (or so I desperately hope).

But I do like puppies.

That's gotta count for something.


Apparently it does / did. :D

Lysis
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Lysis » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:00 pm

notanumber wrote:I'm not famous and my only "blog" was a livejournal in high school that nobody ever read (or so I desperately hope).

But I do like puppies.

That's gotta count for something.


+1

Also, someone just changed their LSN profile...can't tell if it's a new acceptance or not.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:01 pm

Lysis wrote:
notanumber wrote:I'm not famous and my only "blog" was a livejournal in high school that nobody ever read (or so I desperately hope).

But I do like puppies.

That's gotta count for something.


+1

Also, someone just changed their LSN profile...can't tell if it's a new acceptance or not.


No, they always tell us on Twitter when they're making calls.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:03 pm

Lysis wrote:Also, someone just changed their LSN profile...can't tell if it's a new acceptance or not.


The account was just created so it doesn't have to reflect a recent acceptance.

Lysis
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Lysis » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:03 pm

Good point.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
soonergirl wrote:wow. I've heard of pissing contests before, but this takes the cake. (Please note: this is not an invitation to admit that you once peed on a cake.)


what if I mixed and baked a cake, where one of the ingredients was urine?



That's just mean. And nasty. You could have said "what if SOMEONE mixed and baked ...", I am afraid to read more into it.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:44 pm

Nightrunner wrote:It is already phrased hypothetically.


I donno... :lol:

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby tomhobbes » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:37 pm

My Personal Statement wrote:I once made a World of Warcraft PVP video that gained a cult following in America and was soon illegally appropriated and distributed on a number of Chinese websites. This is why I would like to study international law at your prestigious institution.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”