Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:46 pm

So the word on the street was all decisions were made as of yesterday, right?

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:55 pm

crackberry wrote:So the word on the street was all decisions were made as of yesterday, right?


Such was Yale's intention, at any rate. We don't know whether they succeeded in following this timetable.

User avatar
neimanmarxist
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:41 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby neimanmarxist » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:57 pm

:shock:

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Kretzy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Does the waitlist come via email or snail mail?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:06 pm

Kretzy wrote:Does the waitlist come via email or snail mail?

I don't think we know because no one has been WLed yet. I'd imagine snail mail, though.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Kretzy » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:07 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kretzy wrote:Does the waitlist come via email or snail mail?

I don't think we know because no one has been WLed yet. I'd imagine snail mail, though.


Gotcha. Didn't know what happened in years' past.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:08 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
crackberry wrote:So the word on the street was all decisions were made as of yesterday, right?


Such was Yale's intention, at any rate. We don't know whether they succeeded in following this timetable.


What happened yesterday? Nothing came out right? I thought they didn't notify anyone of anything until the 14th last year.

User avatar
Boba Fett
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Boba Fett » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:10 pm

Kretzy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Kretzy wrote:Does the waitlist come via email or snail mail?

I don't think we know because no one has been WLed yet. I'd imagine snail mail, though.


Gotcha. Didn't know what happened in years' past.


I'm pretty sure they were sent last year via e-mail. Around the 15th of April or so.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:11 pm

Dutchstriker said that someone in the admissions office told him they planned to have all decisions made by April 9.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:11 pm

Kretzy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Kretzy wrote:Does the waitlist come via email or snail mail?

I don't think we know because no one has been WLed yet. I'd imagine snail mail, though.


Gotcha. Didn't know what happened in years' past.


Last year a bunch of decisions came on 4/14 by way of emails. WL and Rejections by emails too.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:13 pm

crackberry wrote:Dutchstriker said that someone in the admissions office told him they planned to have all decisions made by April 9.


No one got calls or received any mail yet right? Maybe it took a little longer. If they have finished we should have heard something from someone. Nothing on LSN either.

User avatar
T14_Scholly
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby T14_Scholly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:17 pm

Kretzy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Kretzy wrote:Does the waitlist come via email or snail mail?

I don't think we know because no one has been WLed yet. I'd imagine snail mail, though.


Gotcha. Didn't know what happened in years' past.


This was an incorrect use of an apostrophe. Looks like you would make a poor Yale student.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:20 pm

r6_philly wrote:
crackberry wrote:Dutchstriker said that someone in the admissions office told him they planned to have all decisions made by April 9.


No one got calls or received any mail yet right? Maybe it took a little longer. If they have finished we should have heard something from someone. Nothing on LSN either.


There's a difference between making decisions and releasing decisions. Probably the notifications will occur en masse on one day next week.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:22 pm

Nightrunner wrote:Are we assuming that all of these decisions are in the WL/rejection categories?


No, but the vast majority will be, judging from former years.

However, we know via Dutchstriker that some acceptances remain; he was told that a decision wouldn't be made until April 9 and that he would be either accepted or WLed.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:25 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
crackberry wrote:Dutchstriker said that someone in the admissions office told him they planned to have all decisions made by April 9.


No one got calls or received any mail yet right? Maybe it took a little longer. If they have finished we should have heard something from someone. Nothing on LSN either.


There's a difference between making decisions and releasing decisions. Probably the notifications will occur en masse on one day next week.


Yes but would it make more sense for the admissions office to tell someone when they are making decision or when they are releasing decisions? They could make the decisions then hold on to it for a few days or a week, and that info wouldn't be too useful to anyone.

Even if they were making decisions, what reason would they have to hold for a few more days?

User avatar
dutchstriker
Posts: 276
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby dutchstriker » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:26 pm

I was told that they expected to have most decisions made by April 9. Maybe they didn't meet their own expectations, or maybe they just haven't notified anyone of the decisions made.

I personally hope they email for waitlists...

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:28 pm

dutchstriker wrote:I was told that they expected to have most decisions made by April 9. Maybe they didn't meet their own expectations, or maybe they just haven't notified anyone of the decisions made.

I personally hope they email for waitlists...


Thanks for the confirmation!

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:30 pm

r6_philly wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
crackberry wrote:Dutchstriker said that someone in the admissions office told him they planned to have all decisions made by April 9.


No one got calls or received any mail yet right? Maybe it took a little longer. If they have finished we should have heard something from someone. Nothing on LSN either.


There's a difference between making decisions and releasing decisions. Probably the notifications will occur en masse on one day next week.


Yes but would it make more sense for the admissions office to tell someone when they are making decision or when they are releasing decisions? They could make the decisions then hold on to it for a few days or a week, and that info wouldn't be too useful to anyone.

Even if they were making decisions, what reason would they have to hold for a few more days?


By saying when decisions are made rather than released, they don't commit themselves to a specific time at which applicants expect to hear from them. It allows them greater flexibility.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:31 pm

Thanks for the clarification. Either way a few more days to wait.

This year's FB student group has 190 members, last year's has 260. Are they still pushing everyone to join? Does the 190 represent some seats still unoccupied?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:32 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
By saying when decisions are made rather than released, they don't commit themselves to a specific time at which applicants expect to hear from them. It allows them greater flexibility.


But that's the whole point of his inquiry ;)

User avatar
Gymnast0206
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 am

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Gymnast0206 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:38 pm

I keep checking their twitter (pathetic, I know) and nothing has changed since 3/30 . . . this wait is killing me, especially when I have deadlines next Friday

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:40 pm

Gymnast0206 wrote:I keep checking their twitter (pathetic, I know) and nothing has changed since 3/30 . . . this wait is killing me, especially when I have deadlines next Friday


I suspect that you'll know before those deadlines.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:41 pm

r6_philly wrote:Thanks for the clarification. Either way a few more days to wait.

This year's FB student group has 190 members, last year's has 260. Are they still pushing everyone to join? Does the 190 represent some seats still unoccupied?


I don't do FB, and it's reasonable to suppose that others don't either.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby crackberry » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:44 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Thanks for the clarification. Either way a few more days to wait.

This year's FB student group has 190 members, last year's has 260. Are they still pushing everyone to join? Does the 190 represent some seats still unoccupied?


I don't do FB, and it's reasonable to suppose that others don't either.

Yeah but if the percentages are relatively similar from year-to-year, then there's a ways to go. There will be some acceptances next week, I think — just not very many.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Yale 2010

Postby r6_philly » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:46 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Thanks for the clarification. Either way a few more days to wait.

This year's FB student group has 190 members, last year's has 260. Are they still pushing everyone to join? Does the 190 represent some seats still unoccupied?


I don't do FB, and it's reasonable to suppose that others don't either.


Really? Good for you. I wish they would block it at my school... Did they send you an invite? I have to think there are less than 50 Yale admits that don't use FB. However, I am just grasping for straws on a couple of days before decisions come out, so please be gentle :oops: .




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”