Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Hoopster

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Hoopster » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:46 am

I think some people are simply risk/debt-averse. I'm a 1L at YLS also but even with what I know today, I'd still go to YLS. But I would counsel any 0L to take careful inventory when choosing between a full ride at a T10 vs. 180+K at YLS. But I'd still go to YLS, knowing the COAP takes alot of sting out of the debt I will have incurred over the 3 years.

I'd probably feel the same with SLS. However, I would choose a T10 free ride over HLS 200K anytime.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:50 am

Hoopster wrote:I think some people are simply risk/debt-averse. I'm a 1L at YLS also but even with what I know today, I'd still go to YLS. But I would counsel any 0L to take careful inventory when choosing between a full ride at a T10 vs. 180+K at YLS. But I'd still go to YLS, knowing the COAP takes alot of sting out of the debt I will have incurred over the 3 years.

I'd probably feel the same with SLS. However, I would choose a T10 free ride over HLS 200K anytime.

:D :D :D

The Dan

Postby The Dan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:52 am

This suspense is killing me. I've half given up already, but I just can't let go of that last bit of hope.

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:54 am

The Dan wrote:This suspense is killing me. I've half given up already, but I just can't let go of that last bit of hope.

+ 203, the # of times i've checked their twitter this morning is actually shameful.

thestalkmore

Postby thestalkmore » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:02 pm

Thought all Yale-thread patriots should know that Bio keeps his anti-Harvard troll-hand strong even outside of the thread.

HE REEKS OF BITTERNESS ALL THE WAY THROUGH GCHAT.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:16 pm

thestalkmore wrote:Thought all Yale-thread patriots should know that Bio keeps his anti-Harvard troll-hand strong even outside of the thread.

HE REEKS OF BITTERNESS ALL THE WAY THROUGH GCHAT.

Haha thanks for outing me, buddy :D

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:17 pm

I'm confused.

JBentham

Postby JBentham » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:19 pm

hi everyone. I got in a couple of weeks ago and I'm having a hard time deciding between H and Y, S is third in my list. Anybody in the same situation in here?

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:26 pm

JBentham wrote:hi everyone. I got in a couple of weeks ago and I'm having a hard time deciding between H and Y, S is third in my list. Anybody in the same situation in here?

I hope you're using the Felicific Calculus to make your decision.

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:27 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
JBentham wrote:hi everyone. I got in a couple of weeks ago and I'm having a hard time deciding between H and Y, S is third in my list. Anybody in the same situation in here?

Yes! I get an opportunity to use the word fecundity! FECUNDITY

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:31 pm

Who in their right mind wouldn't choose H??? Read the other thread!

More spaces at Y too. Secondary effect.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:34 pm

Thomas Hobbes and Jeremey Bentham in the same thread? Madness.

JBentham

Postby JBentham » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:36 pm

tomhobbes wrote:

Hahaha nice one Hobbes. I'm not a hedonist like he was, but I do enjoy his books.

R6philly, I know a lot of people here think the decision is natural but it's not for me. My interests make me lean towards H, but Y offers a lot that I like. I don't really care about the rankings so I've been doing a lot of research into the two. Still undecided.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:43 pm

JBentham wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:

Hahaha nice one Hobbes. I'm not a hedonist like he was, but I do enjoy his books.

R6philly, I know a lot of people here think the decision is natural but it's not for me. My interests make me lean towards H, but Y offers a lot that I like. I don't really care about the rankings so I've been doing a lot of research into the two. Still undecided.

I, for one, don't think that the decision is natural or obvious. You should think about where your interests and career goals lie before deciding which program best suits those personal factors. There is no wrong choice here, and everyone has a different set of priorities.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:46 pm

JBentham wrote:R6philly, I know a lot of people here think the decision is natural but it's not for me. My interests make me lean towards H, but Y offers a lot that I like. I don't really care about the rankings so I've been doing a lot of research into the two. Still undecided.

I was poking fun at the other thread. Only you know what's best for you. Each school is stellar in its quality and the opportunities that it provides its students. I would be honored and grateful to attend either. While my preference is skewed toward Yale, Harvard will also provide me with a great education that can help me advance my career and achieve my goals. I do believe at this level (HYS) rankings don't really mean much to potential students. Many of you are admitted into all three because you are bright, capable and will be able to do whatever you want with your life. Chose the school that will give you the most pleasant experience for the next three years and the most value in for the next thirty. The truth is you will probably do just as well no matter which one you chose.

I received a unsolicited brochure from Lewis and Clark today. I flipped through the pages and arrived at the faculty section. About half of the professors (not precise, didn't count) went to Yale. None that I remember went to Harvard. My preference. Although, each of the legal scholars that I have the pleasure to read about this semester are from Harvard. You really can't go wrong with either.

JBentham

Postby JBentham » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:46 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
JBentham wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:

I, for one, don't think that the decision is natural or obvious. You should think about where your interests and career goals lie before deciding which program best suits those personal factors. There is no wrong choice here, and everyone has a different set of priorities.

I think we're on the same page Cardinal. Like you said, I can't make a wrong choice. Right now I lean H, but I still have to look into it a bit more. I just need to do my research right and think about everything, including quality of life, etc.

JBentham

Postby JBentham » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:47 pm

r6_philly wrote:
JBentham wrote:R6philly, I know a lot of people here think the decision is natural but it's not for me. My interests make me lean towards H, but Y offers a lot that I like. I don't really care about the rankings so I've been doing a lot of research into the two. Still undecided.

I was poking fun at the other thread. Only you know what's best for you. Each school is stellar in its quality and the opportunities that it provides its students. I would be honored and grateful to attend either. While my preference is skewed toward Yale, Harvard will also provide me with a great education that can help me advance my career and achieve my goals. I do believe at this level (HYS) rankings don't really mean much to potential students. Many of you are admitted into all three because you are bright, capable and will be able to do whatever you want with your life. Chose the school that will give you the most pleasant experience for the next three years and the most value in for the next thirty. The truth is you will probably do just as well no matter which one you chose.

I received a unsolicited brochure from Lewis and Clark today. I flipped through the pages and arrived at the faculty section. About half of the professors (not precise, didn't count) went to Yale. None that I remember went to Harvard. My preference. Although, each of the legal scholars that I have the pleasure to read about this semester are from Harvard. You really can't go wrong with either.

Agreed.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:48 pm

tomhobbes wrote:

:lol:

NERDS!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:50 pm

notanumber wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:

:lol:

NERDS!

Fo Shizzle!

--ImageRemoved--

Edit: fix image

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:03 am

But seriously. TH isn't too far off. Go to whichever school you think would enjoy spending three years at the most. They'll both equip you to achieve whatever the hell you set your mind to after graduation, so the decision should really be based upon fit and feelings. Harvard and Yale seems to have pretty different characteristics.

I dunno. I'm deciding between the two. Not going to sign the check until I visit the places.

goober88

Postby goober88 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:50 pm

Ok, this is getting a bit ridiculous, Yale has had my app for almost half a year!! :evil:

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:52 pm

goober88 wrote:Ok, this is getting a bit ridiculous, Yale has had my app for almost half a year!! :evil:

Give it a week; chances are you'll hear something.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:53 pm

goober88 wrote:Ok, this is getting a bit ridiculous, Yale has had my app for almost half a year!! :evil:

Think positive, they weren't in any hurry to send you a rejection letter.

Where are all the other people in the thread? Everyone in, out or given up?

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:55 pm

r6_philly wrote:

Surprisingly, not that anxious. I predict a waitlist.

soonergirl

Postby soonergirl » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:56 pm

r6_philly wrote:

we should have a resignation thread for all us prospects who have already resigned ourselves to our collective/various fate/s.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”