Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ranita

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Ranita » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:17 pm

notanumber wrote:This conversation makes no sense to me.

To bring this thread back to Yale and other more important topics: New Haven is in between NY and Boston. If I go to school there will I be surrounded by insufferable Red Sox zombies?

Can't wait for Opening Day next week. . . .

New Haven is closer to NYC than Boston, and the southern CT strip seems tied more to the New York metro area than Providence, Boston, or other such places where people speak funny and have poor taste in sports teams.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:19 pm

Ranita wrote:

To bring this thread back to Yale and other more important topics: New Haven is in between NY and Boston. If I go to school there will I be surrounded by insufferable Red Sox zombies?

New Haven is closer to NYC than Boston, and the southern CT strip seems tied more to the New York metro area than Providence, Boston, or other such places where people speak funny and have poor taste in sports teams.

You mean like the Jets, Knicks, Islanders, Rangers, Mets, Giants?

Hoopster

Postby Hoopster » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:50 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Ranita wrote:

You mean like the Jets, Knicks, Islanders, Rangers, Mets, Giants?

Don't forget the Yankees, Nets and Red Bulls.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:53 pm

Hoopster wrote:

Don't like the Yankees, but faith is not misplaced there. Nets isn't a NYC team by name, and the good people in Jersey suffer enough. I don't see/hear anyone mentioning Red Bulls.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:08 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Hoopster wrote:

Don't like the Yankees, but faith is not misplaced there. Nets isn't a NYC team by name, and the good people in Jersey suffer enough. I don't see/hear anyone mentioning Red Bulls.

Aren't the Nets finally moving to Brooklyn in 2 years? What a downward spiral for that franchise (and I speak from experience, being a Pittsburgh Pirates fan).

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:09 pm

Anything worthwhile happen here today? I'm guessing not after reading some of the comments above.

adameus

Postby adameus » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:10 pm

CardinalRules wrote:Anything worthwhile happen here today? I'm guessing not after reading some of the comments above.

plenty of worthwhile things, just nothing to do with Yale Law or Yale Law Admissions.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:11 pm

Kretzy wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Hoopster wrote:

Aren't the Nets finally moving to Brooklyn in 2 years? What a downward spiral for that franchise (and I speak from experience, being a Pittsburgh Pirates fan).

I think so. At least the Devils were good. Don't complain about the Pirates, just watch the other 2 sports, can't have everything :P I have been watching Philly sports for 17 years.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:12 pm

adameus wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:Anything worthwhile happen here today? I'm guessing not after reading some of the comments above.

plenty of worthwhile things, just nothing to do with Yale Law or Yale Law Admissions.

We did talk briefly about the potential direction that Yale Law could be taking.

What happened to the last night and today's admits? I can't believe so few Yale applicants are on LSN even though the overall pool is supposed to be really large.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:14 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
Hoopster wrote:

I think so. At least the Devils were good. Don't complain about the Pirates, just watch the other 2 sports, can't have everything :P I have been watching Philly sports for 17 years.

Oh I love the Pirates. And with the Pens and Steelers, plus Pitt sports, plus Riverhounds soccer for a while, Pittsburgh remains a really kickass sports city.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:27 pm

Kretzy wrote:Oh I love the Pirates. And with the Pens and Steelers, plus Pitt sports, plus Riverhounds soccer for a while, Pittsburgh remains a really kickass sports city.

The best, by some estimates.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:33 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kretzy wrote:Oh I love the Pirates. And with the Pens and Steelers, plus Pitt sports, plus Riverhounds soccer for a while, Pittsburgh remains a really kickass sports city.

Well they sucked all the mojo out of philly because we are arguably the worst.

Pausanias

Postby Pausanias » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:34 pm

crackberry wrote:

Despite myself, I may half to agree. You guys were probably even rooting for Canada for gold b/c of Crosby.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:35 pm

Pausanias wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Despite myself, I may half to agree. You guys were probably even rooting for Canada for gold b/c of Crosby.

That is an incredible typo for a Yale admit. Asha!!!

adameus

Postby adameus » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:37 pm

r6_philly wrote:
adameus wrote:

We did talk briefly about the potential direction that Yale Law could be taking.

What happened to the last night and today's admits? I can't believe so few Yale applicants are on LSN even though the overall pool is supposed to be really large.

I think the Legend of Yale on TLS and the general TLS consensus that Yale is incredibly difficult to get into discourages a lot of TLSers from applying at Yale. While the general public thinks, wow I'm above their 25%, I'm in forsure!

Pausanias

Postby Pausanias » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:22 pm

crackberry wrote:
Pausanias wrote:
crackberry wrote:

That is an incredible typo for a Yale admit. Asha!!!

No apologies, no regrets.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:25 pm

Pausanias wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Oh gosh no. The Olympics are the only time I get to be dogmatically pro-US. These colors don't run :mrgreen:

Crosby actually got a lesser standing ovation than Ryan Miller during the first game back. I loved that.

And, to answer Nightrunner, if Ben assaulted that girl, I hope he's run out of PGH on a stake. We have too good a history of solid people coming out of our teams (Bettis, Franco Harris, Lemieux, etc.). I hope it's untrue, but if it is, I'll be appalled, and I don't think they Rooney's will be too keen either..

clyde_barrow

Postby clyde_barrow » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:33 pm

Kretzy wrote:if Ben assaulted that girl, I hope he's run out of PGH on a stake. We have too good a history of solid people coming out of our teams (Bettis, Franco Harris, Lemieux, etc.). I hope it's untrue, but if it is, I'll be appalled, and I don't think they Rooney's will be too keen either..

i thought you were from colorado?

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:40 pm

clyde_barrow wrote:
Kretzy wrote:if Ben assaulted that girl, I hope he's run out of PGH on a stake. We have too good a history of solid people coming out of our teams (Bettis, Franco Harris, Lemieux, etc.). I hope it's untrue, but if it is, I'll be appalled, and I don't think they Rooney's will be too keen either..

Born in Pittsburgh, grew up in southern CO, thus I also root for the Nuggets. My family has lived in PGH for a few hundred years, so that loyalty is pretty all-encompassing.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:39 pm

Kretzy wrote:
clyde_barrow wrote:

Born in Pittsburgh, grew up in southern CO, thus I also root for the Nuggets. My family has lived in PGH for a few hundred years, so that loyalty is pretty all-encompassing.

Nuggets fans aren't walking with their usual swagger nowadays...I think you guys finally realized how futile it is to have high hopes (at least for this season). If you give me any lip service about injuries, beware that I will take you down!

Caution: Words of an intensely committed LAKER fan

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:02 pm

Just happened upon a new admit:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/klein/jd

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:08 pm

ConMan345 wrote:Just happened upon a new admit:

Another almost-Conman numbers twin :D

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:12 pm

Kretzy wrote:

Iknorite?!

ugh. x_x

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:13 pm

ConMan345 wrote:
Kretzy wrote:

Iknorite?!

ugh. x_x

Just think of it as the ConMan batch. All folks who have one thing in common with you, with them ending the day with your admit call.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:14 pm

Kretzy wrote:

Only 3 weeks in review! It's time to get really anxious!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”