Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Boba Fett

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Boba Fett » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:39 pm

tomhobbes wrote:They do have plenty of nice, pretty Southern belles, but unfortunately sleeping with most of those would be pretty close to bestiality. Imagine a really hot, humanoid-looking cow. You just imagined a Communications major from Alabama.

Ok. Well, on that note, I'd like to introduce myself. YLS 1L here.

If you guys have any questions about the law school, feel free to shoot me a PM.
Last edited by Boba Fett on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

duodora

Postby duodora » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:42 pm

Pausanias wrote:
MissCongeniality wrote:
duodora wrote:
Soo...I just wanted to second living in BalTTTimore.

*sigh*

Yeah...ditto.

Come on Bawlmer pride, crabcakes and football, that's what we do!

I second MissCongeniality on lacrosse :) At least if you go to Hopkins.

And I'm sure there are nice parts of Baltimore, I just never see them, because I still haven't figured out where they are. Sad.

MissCongeniality

Postby MissCongeniality » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:01 am

duodora wrote:I second MissCongeniality on lacrosse :) At least if you go to Hopkins.

And I'm sure there are nice parts of Baltimore, I just never see them, because I still haven't figured out where they are. Sad.

North of Coldspring, essentially, between Falls and York. :)

rabbit9198

Postby rabbit9198 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:03 am

duodora wrote:I second MissCongeniality on lacrosse :) At least if you go to Hopkins.

There are *plenty* of nice places in Baltimore - Hampden, Canton, Fells Point, Mount Vernon, Federal Hill. The city's not just the Inner Harbor/Aquarium and The Wire (though I love both of those, too!). :)

MissCongeniality

Postby MissCongeniality » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:05 am

rabbit9198 wrote:

There are *plenty* of nice places in Baltimore - Hampden, Canton, Fells Point, Mount Vernon, Federal Hill. The city's not just the Inner Harbor/Aquarium and The Wire (though I love both of those, too!). :)

Residentially, I'll add Roland Park, Homeland, Guilford, and the Lake Avenue stretch, but there's nothing quite "to do" up here.

rabbit9198

Postby rabbit9198 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:07 am

MissCongeniality wrote:
Residentially, I'll add Roland Park, Homeland, Guilford, and the Lake Avenue stretch, but there's nothing quite "to do" up here.

Ooo...except walk around and look at the pretty houses and tulips (in the spring). Not bad, in moderation. :)

duodora

Postby duodora » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:18 am

rabbit9198 wrote:

All right all right you two ;) I actually do know that, it's just easy to forget sometimes--some of those places can be tough to get to without a car.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:18 am

rabbit9198 wrote:

One of my best friends went to Towson, it's pretty fun around there.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:22 am

rabbit9198 wrote:

Agreed. Baltimore is an underrated city with several cool neighborhoods. In a lot of ways, I prefer Baltimore to DC.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:24 am

Dignan wrote:
rabbit9198 wrote:

Agreed. Baltimore is an underrated city with several cool neighborhoods. In a lot of ways, I prefer Baltimore to DC.

Baltimore isn't so bad. I was just giving Pausanias some jive. It's far better than my neighbor city, Oakland :?

duodora

Postby duodora » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:26 am

Dignan wrote:
rabbit9198 wrote:

The problem is that the nice places are separated by wide swaths of sketch. Most are ok during the day, but at night it can be a very bad idea to walk (even in groups). The public transportation system is also pretty bad--so if you don't have a car, or the money to be constantly dropping on a cab, it can be very tough to get around, and actually see the nice places. *shrug* DC, in contrast, has the metro system--which just on that alone puts it way higher than Baltimore in my book.

(sorry, venting several years of frustration here, please ignore me and carry on)

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:34 am

duodora wrote:
The problem is that the nice places are separated by wide swaths of sketch. Most are ok during the day, but at night it can be a very bad idea to walk (even in groups). The public transportation system is also pretty bad--so if you don't have a car, or the money to be constantly dropping on a cab, it can be very tough to get around, and actually see the nice places. *shrug* DC, in contrast, has the metro system--which just on that alone puts it way higher than Baltimore in my book.

(sorry, venting several years of frustration here, please ignore me and carry on)

Fair enough. And there are things I like better about DC. As you say, the public transportation system is much better. And DC has nicer parks, better restaurants (though Baltimore has some nice restaurants too), and better law schools. :D

Still, DC is relatively sterile and boring; Baltimore has a lot more character, imo.

duodora

Postby duodora » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:45 am

Dignan wrote:
duodora wrote:

Fair enough. And there are things I like better about DC. As you say, the public transportation system is much better. And DC has nicer parks, better restaurants (though Baltimore has some nice restaurants too), and better law schools. :D

Still, DC is relatively sterile and boring; Baltimore has a lot more character, imo.

All true :) (and you're right--Baltimore does have some fantastic restaurants! :))

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:28 am

sayan wrote:
crackberry wrote:TBF, the reaction I have when someone tells me they go/went to Harvard is far from awe.

Why?

PMed.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:30 am

Nightrunner wrote:I preferred the original post, crack.

I'm sure you did. I edited it for that exact reason.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:39 am

Nightrunner wrote:I'll do my best not to take that personally.

Sorry, didn't mean you in particular. I just meant the people who made it their mission to eat me alive in the Harvard thread. I didn't want to start a flame war in this, my favorite thread.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:40 am

crackberry wrote:

Sorry, didn't mean you in particular. I just meant the people who made it their mission to eat me alive in the Harvard thread. I didn't want to start a flame war in this, my favorite thread.

Seriously. This thread is just too pure. I especially like how we only talk about Yale-specific issues, such as Baltimore.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:40 am

crackberry wrote:

Ya don't you bring that over here. This is one thread I know I can look forward to reading. Even when it is about irrelevant stuff.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:41 am

BioEBear2010 wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Seriously. This thread is just too pure. I especially like how we only talk about Yale-specific issues, such as Baltimore.

Don't you know Yale wants to open a satellite campus next to Hopkins?

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:46 am

r6_philly wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Don't you know Yale wants to open a satellite campus next to Hopkins?

You pretty much beat me to it. I was going to say something about John Hopkins Law overtaking YLS as #1 next year. John Hopkins Law is definitely in the top three--PJD--of imaginary law schools.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:52 am

Dignan wrote:You pretty much beat me to it. I was going to say something about John Hopkins Law overtaking YLS as #1 next year. John Hopkins Law is definitely in the top three--PJD--of imaginary law schools.

I'd apply before they are even accredited.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:54 am

Nightrunner wrote:Mostly, I just lurk the thread and wait for Tom Hobbes to say something dryly hilarious.

if (tomhobbes == peternorth) return true;

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:00 am

Nightrunner wrote::lol:

Honestly, PN is vastly overrated. TH is vastly underrated.

if (PN.says().valueOf().comparesTo(TH.says().valueOf()) > 0) {
system.out.println( " :shock: " );
} else {
system.out.println( " :lol: ");
}

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:05 am

Nightrunner wrote::lol:

Honestly, PN is vastly overrated. TH is vastly underrated.

TBF, tomhobbes is not underrated, he just resides almost exclusively in this thread and there are so few regular posters in here that so few people are aware of his genius. In contrast, there are way more people who follow the Harvard thread (where PN often inserts himself :lol: :lol: ) so PN (who I agree is overrated) has a larger audience.

r6_philly wrote:Ya don't you bring that over here. This is one thread I know I can look forward to reading. Even when it is about irrelevant stuff.

I agree 100 percent. That's why I deleted my post and sent a PM instead.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:18 am

Peter North wrote:Hahaha! You guys are all nuts. I think mostly everyone knows when I'm kidding around as opposed to when I do in fact author a serious post every now and then. Above all, you guys -- every single one of you regulars posting in the HLS/YLS threads -- have the best sense of humour. But hey, sometimes we might argue and bicker about the most inane stuff, but in reality, you guys are all hilarious. All of you. Shit, I am gonna miss you guys after this cycle. :(

Even if "we" (as a collective or individually) end up at H/Y, for personal reasons (that I have only disclosed to r6_philly) I will have to defer enrollment by at least a year.

It'd be hilarious if we ended at the same school (tomhobbes leaning 99.9% towards YLS notwithstanding).

Haha I agree, these threads (and all you guys/gals posting) are great.

Also, PN, is that 99.9% with a vinculum, or 99.90%? This question is of utmost importance.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”