Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tomhobbes

Re: Yale 2010

Postby tomhobbes » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:12 pm

crackberry wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:
crackberry wrote:Wait a second, both Stanford and Yale are so much more "sporadic" than Harvard is. Where do you get the opposite impression? Yale certainly is the most snarky of the three with their admissions tweets, and I think not everyone agrees with you that it's unbecoming. I think a lot of us find them funny. But anyway, Yale and Stanford are more "notorious" (to use your word) for taking forever to WL and reject a ton of applicants (and to provide some late acceptances) than Harvard is. I think that's pretty well backed up by LSN.

And I am totally, completely hellbent on Harvard. Harvard is the best. It is incredible. It has so much lay prestige. In fact, I don't even want to be a lawyer; I just want to pick up girls at bars and being able to say I go to Harvard Law School is clearly the best way to do that. I want Harvard and nothing else.

So are you saying that you would easily pick HLS over YLS :) ?

In a heartbeat. Come on! It's Harvard! Have the bums on the street in Berkeley ever heard of Yale Law School? I think not. But I bet they've heard of Harvard Law School! See, Harvard has so much more lay prestige than any other school; it must be the best choice.

Wait are you trying to pick up the bums on the street?

dutchstriker

Postby dutchstriker » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:12 pm

crackberry wrote:
Peter North wrote:LOL!!! Good catch, crackberry. :D

The thing is... HLS is notorious for being sporadic, when it comes to dings and JR1s/JR2s. YLS, however, with all their tweets drumming up excitement (including taking futile jabs @ HLS with all that acceptances during ASW and all) is becoming rather comical. Pretty 'unbecoming' for the # school, IMO. :)

Btw, crackberry, I've been meaning to ask you... why don't you go to your alma mater Stanford? Or are you hellbent on H/Y? Just wondering...

Wait a second, both Stanford and Yale are so much more "sporadic" than Harvard is. Where do you get the opposite impression? Yale certainly is the most snarky of the three with their admissions tweets, and I think not everyone agrees with you that it's unbecoming. I think a lot of us find them funny. But anyway, Yale and Stanford are more "notorious" (to use your word) for taking forever to WL and reject a ton of applicants (and to provide some late acceptances) than Harvard is. I think that's pretty well backed up by LSN.

And I am totally, completely hellbent on Harvard. Harvard is the best. It is incredible. It has so much lay prestige. In fact, I don't even want to be a lawyer; I just want to pick up girls at bars and being able to say I go to Harvard Law School is clearly the best way to do that. I want Harvard and nothing else.

PN loves to take on an authoritative tone when speaking about admissions policies, which is ironic given that he is almost always wrong.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:13 pm

I must be weird. I always thought of Yale as being more impressive because the school is smaller so it is more exclusive. "Select group" always sounds more impressive than a bigger group.

dutchstriker

Postby dutchstriker » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Dignan wrote:
crackberry wrote:In a heartbeat. Come on! It's Harvard! Have the bums on the street in Berkeley ever heard of Yale Law School? I think not. But I bet they've heard of Harvard Law School! See, Harvard has so much more lay prestige than any other school; it must be the best choice.

+1. Harvard is the best. When I told my grandmother that I was applying to law school, did she first ask if I was applying to Stanford? No. Did she ask if I was applying to Yale? No way. She wanted to know if I was heading to the most prestigious law school in the history of the world. This proves that H > Y/S.

My grandma was not impressed at all by my Harvard acceptance. :(

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:15 pm

dutchstriker wrote:
Dignan wrote:
crackberry wrote:In a heartbeat. Come on! It's Harvard! Have the bums on the street in Berkeley ever heard of Yale Law School? I think not. But I bet they've heard of Harvard Law School! See, Harvard has so much more lay prestige than any other school; it must be the best choice.

+1. Harvard is the best. When I told my grandmother that I was applying to law school, did she first ask if I was applying to Stanford? No. Did she ask if I was applying to Yale? No way. She wanted to know if I was heading to the most prestigious law school in the history of the world. This proves that H > Y/S.

My grandma was not impressed at all by my Harvard acceptance. :(

I strongly advise your grandmother to refrain from posting in the Harvard thread.

dutchstriker

Postby dutchstriker » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:15 pm

r6_philly wrote:I must be weird. I always thought of Yale as being more impressive because the school is smaller so it is more exclusive. "Select group" always sounds more impressive than a bigger group.

Maybe because you're not a girl in a bar that CB is trying to pick up? Or a bum on the street? (Sorry if you are either of these.)

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:19 pm

Quoted from a thread I read way back in the day:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=81212

"Harvard is the best law school in the land because it has always been the best law school in the land since it was the best law school in the land way back when it was the best law school out of all of the best law schools in the land that made up the best law schools in the land. That's why Harvard is the best law school in the land.

As the best law school in the land out of the best law schools in the land, Harvard has always attracted the best faculty in the land that have been the best faculty in the land because they learned from those who were the best faculty in the land. And because it has always had the best faculty in the land, it has always attracted the best employers in the land who have always been the best employers in the land since way back when they were the best employers in the land...which has always attracted the best students in the land who have always been the best students in the land because their parents were the best students in the land even way back when their parents were the best students in the land...

thus the best students in the land will go on to work for the best emplyers in the land and make the most money in the land and run the land and raise children who will go on to become the best students in the land because they will attend the best schools in the land that have always been the best schools in the land even way back when they were the best schools in the land. They will go on to Harvard, the best law school in the land and run the best nation in the world. :wink:"

duodora

Postby duodora » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:22 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
Pausanias wrote:
crackberry wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:Seriously. My rent in the Bay Area is only $750/month.

TBF, you live in the EasTTT Bay.

Hilaaarious!

You live in BalTTTimore :D If I recall, Wallace died there (spoiler alert).

Soo...I just wanted to second living in BalTTTimore.

*sigh*

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:24 pm

tbf, imagine Harvard's student body if you only counted the top 200 students in the class.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Kronk wrote:tbf, imagine Harvard's student body if you only counted the 200 in the class.

Doesn't it kinda depend on which 200 you count?

clyde_barrow

Postby clyde_barrow » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Pausanias wrote:only the illuminati know just how impressive.

Image Image Image

UnitarySpace

Postby UnitarySpace » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:33 pm

Kronk wrote:tbf, imagine Harvard's student body if you only counted the top 200 students in the class.

Dignan wrote:
Kronk wrote:tbf, imagine Harvard's student body if you only counted the 200 in the class.

Doesn't it kinda depend on which 200 you count?

uhohs trixy edit

MissCongeniality

Postby MissCongeniality » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:34 pm

duodora wrote:

*sigh*

Yeah...ditto.

Pausanias

Postby Pausanias » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:39 pm

MissCongeniality wrote:
duodora wrote:

*sigh*

Yeah...ditto.

Come on Bawlmer pride, crabcakes and football, that's what we do!

MissCongeniality

Postby MissCongeniality » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:47 pm

Pausanias wrote:
MissCongeniality wrote:
duodora wrote:

*sigh*

Yeah...ditto.

Come on Bawlmer pride, crabcakes and [strike]football[/strike] lacrosse, that's what we do!

FTFY :)

tinman

Postby tinman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:49 pm

Pausanias wrote:But all joking aside, I think that one o f Yale's benefits is that it is by far number one, but at the same time doesn't have that overpowering effect on the laity, which requires a sort of douchey faux humility like the H-bomb does. It's vaguely impressive, but only the illuminati know just how impressive.

Yes, you don't have to talk about going to "school in Boston." The H bomb is a conversation killer. I've seen it in action many a time.
Last edited by tinman on Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ali & ali

Postby ali & ali » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:59 pm

Has Yale been handing out waitlists this whole time, as well? Or will they generally wait till mid/late April to fling our helpless law school souls into admissions purgatory?

owhlcn

Postby owhlcn » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:01 pm

ali & ali wrote:Has Yale been handing out waitlists this whole time, as well? Or will they generally wait till mid/late April to fling our helpless law school souls into admissions purgatory?

the latter.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:02 pm

ali & ali wrote:Has Yale been handing out waitlists this whole time, as well? Or will they generally wait till mid/late April to fling our helpless law school souls into admissions purgatory?

No waitlists yet. Your second sentence is credited.

ali & ali

Postby ali & ali » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:40 pm

Well, shit.

sayan

Postby sayan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:15 pm

tinman wrote:
Pausanias wrote:But all joking aside, I think that one o f Yale's benefits is that it is by far number one, but at the same time doesn't have that overpowering effect on the laity, which requires a sort of douchey faux humility like the H-bomb does. It's vaguely impressive, but only the illuminati know just how impressive.

Yes, you don't have to talk about going to "school in Boston." The H bomb is a conversation killer. I've seen it in action many a time.

I love how you spin inspiring awe into a negative. :lol:

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:23 pm

sayan wrote:
tinman wrote:

TBF, the reaction I have when someone tells me they go/went to Harvard is far from awe.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:40 pm

tomhobbes wrote:Wait are you trying to pick up the bums on the street?

I'll tell you what I'd really like tom: a nice, pretty Southern belle from, oh I don't know, maybe Tuscaloosa? Problem is, I don't think she and I would see eye-to-eye on very many things.

sayan

Postby sayan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:12 pm

crackberry wrote:
sayan wrote:
tinman wrote:

TBF, the reaction I have when someone tells me they go/went to Harvard is far from awe.

Why?

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:31 pm

crackberry wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:Wait are you trying to pick up the bums on the street?

I'll tell you what I'd really like tom: a nice, pretty Southern belle from, oh I don't know, maybe Tuscaloosa? Problem is, I don't think she and I would see eye-to-eye on very many things.

Hmm even though I'm already admitted I should edit this. Basically what I said is that the young ladies at Alabama are fine, upstanding, well-mannered girls who are sound of body and quick of mind.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”