rupert.pupkin wrote: BenJ wrote: lawyering wrote:
BenJ wrote:Got my rejection letter today after my undergrad finally delivered the mail, dated 3/16. No surprise.
You're having a rockin' cycle though. I'm sure you'll get either H or S, and worst case, NYU for free??
I wish I had NYU for free. Only $15k a year, and I wasn't even a finalist for the environmental law scholars program. But I think I'm going with NYU anyway. I just don't have enough time to get into H or S before having to commit to NYU, and I'm really happy with NYU as a school, probably enough to give up the top three even if I got in at this point. Stanford needs to act fast if they want me. I've had a good enough cycle to be very satisfied, definitely.
I basically knew the rejection letter would be there, so this isn't a disappointment, really.
From what I can tell, the NYU intent to enroll only requires that you withdraw acceptances. If you're still waiting on H/S, I don't think you'll need to give up yet on Friday. Worst case you just eat the 500 bucks.
At this point, I just want things to be over. I know Harvard is going to waitlist me, and my begging at Stanford is probably not enough to overcome my GPA and mediocre softs. Plus, NYU was amazing at the ASD. I think I'd be really happy at NYU, something I doubt at Harvard (and Columbia). I could also see myself happy at Stanford, but I need closure. Stanford, unless they act quickly, isn't giving me that, and the uncertainty of depositing at NYU and then still waiting would be really painful.
This assumes I don't get a deadline extension at NYU, of course.
This concludes our interlude on the life and times of BenJ. Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming of the few and the proud still in contention at Yale. (Sorry about the threadjack.)