Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Unitas

Re: Yale 2010

Postby Unitas » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:25 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:
Unitas wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:Poor Herb picked the one wrong day on which to announce his "acceptance." You have to feel sorry for his misfortune.

What did the update say? Just that they didn't make any calls? It's odd that they would bother writing something to that effect.

The current update doesn't make much sense to me; I don't think that it implies calls today, though.

The other update said something like: "Got pulled into meetings yesterday... Didn't make any calls - sorry. But will make calls today"

Then the whole: he's watching you post.

Now they deleted the tweet, methinks they are screwing with us on all levels.

if you follow ylsadmissions, you can still see the deleted tweet on your twitter homepage.

Yea, thats cause it is like a text and can't be unsent... (From what I understand about twitter) But they deleted it off their page.

dudester

Postby dudester » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:26 pm

Unitas wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:Poor Herb picked the one wrong day on which to announce his "acceptance." You have to feel sorry for his misfortune.

What did the update say? Just that they didn't make any calls? It's odd that they would bother writing something to that effect.

The current update doesn't make much sense to me; I don't think that it implies calls today, though.

The other update said something like: "Got pulled into meetings yesterday... Didn't make any calls - sorry. But will make calls today"

(203) got pulled into meetings and didn't call anyone yesterday. Giving a few of you good news to start your weekends off right. Promise!

I can still see that tweet.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:28 pm

dudester wrote:
Unitas wrote:

(203) got pulled into meetings and didn't call anyone yesterday. Giving a few of you good news to start your weekends off right. Promise!

You follow them on twitter? If so that is different, they can't unsend them.. But log out and go to their twitter page and it won't be there.

dudester

Postby dudester » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:31 pm

Unitas wrote:
dudester wrote:
Unitas wrote:

You follow them on twitter? If so that is different, they can't unsend them.. But log out and go to their twitter page and it won't be there.

Yes, I follow them on Twitter. I ain't got nothing to hide from no ex-FBI agent.

dudester

Postby dudester » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Sweet hell. YLS Twitter: Twitter ate our tweet from earlier today. Bad Twitter, bad twitter.

They've reposted the MIA tweet.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:39 pm

dudester wrote:Sweet hell. YLS Twitter: Twitter ate our tweet from earlier today. Bad Twitter, bad twitter.

They've reposted the MIA tweet.

Wow, do they read TLS a lot... I wonder if they have any thoughts on my earlier theory they would like to tweet about? :lol:

Pausanias

Postby Pausanias » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:49 pm

Peter North wrote:Also, despite what the ill-informed massive on TLS will have you believe, quite a few "late-admits" in the cycle will get admitted to both YLS and HLS absent a call from the Dean of Admissions.

One of our favorite posters opining on one of his favorite topics! What a day! (Would Asha say "massive"?)

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Peter North wrote:If this cycle is indicative of anything, calls go out on Saturdays.

Also, despite what the ill-informed massive on TLS will have you believe, quite a few "late-admits" in the cycle will get admitted to both YLS and HLS absent a call from the Dean of Admissions.

They're working past closing time (4:30 there), it appears. Perhaps the "few calls" will go out tomorrow instead of today. I don't buy the second part of your comment, though, unless Asha says otherwise.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:39 pm

This continues to be my favorite thread and is the only reason I still visit TLS.

Hilarity.

adameus

Postby adameus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:45 pm

notanumber wrote:This continues to be my favorite thread and is the only reason I still visit TLS.

Hilarity.

tbh, I think Herb is the only funny one here...

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:46 pm

adameus wrote:
notanumber wrote:This continues to be my favorite thread and is the only reason I still visit TLS.

Hilarity.

TBF, tomhobbes is also hilarious. And so is Peter North, though he doesn't post here regularly.

Gymnast0206

Postby Gymnast0206 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:46 pm

So, my application wasn't considered complete until March 8th. Any idea where they're at in the cycle?

adameus

Postby adameus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:49 pm

crackberry wrote:
adameus wrote:

Hilarity.

TBF, tomhobbes is also hilarious. And so is Peter North, though he doesn't post here regularly.

yeah, you're all funny, Herb just stands out to me as being the funniest. I couldn't stand him before yesterday, but that whole episode with him adding the Yale "Y" to his 'tar and then acting all nice as if he was so happy for getting into Yale, that followed by him being outed by the 203 and then again changing his 'tar to reflect this was a hilarious sequence of events. It still makes me laugh.

MichelledeMontaigne

Postby MichelledeMontaigne » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:51 pm

adameus wrote:
crackberry wrote:
adameus wrote:

Hilarity.

yeah, you're all funny, Herb just stands out to me as being the funniest. I couldn't stand him before yesterday, but that whole episode with him adding the Yale "Y" to his 'tar and then acting all nice as if he was so happy for getting into Yale, that followed by him being outed by the 203 and then again changing his 'tar to reflect this was a hilarious sequence of events. It still makes me laugh.

Probably the greatest and most hilarious thing that has ever happened in this forum.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:58 pm

MichelledeMontaigne wrote:
adameus wrote:yeah, you're all funny, Herb just stands out to me as being the funniest. I couldn't stand him before yesterday, but that whole episode with him adding the Yale "Y" to his 'tar and then acting all nice as if he was so happy for getting into Yale, that followed by him being outed by the 203 and then again changing his 'tar to reflect this was a hilarious sequence of events. It still makes me laugh.

Probably the greatest and most hilarious thing that has ever happened in this forum.

Yeah that and the Peter North = Asha cult that broke out earlier this week have made TLS pretty interesting the past few days.

adameus

Postby adameus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:00 pm

crackberry wrote:
adameus wrote:yeah, you're all funny, Herb just stands out to me as being the funniest. I couldn't stand him before yesterday, but that whole episode with him adding the Yale "Y" to his 'tar and then acting all nice as if he was so happy for getting into Yale, that followed by him being outed by the 203 and then again changing his 'tar to reflect this was a hilarious sequence of events. It still makes me laugh.

Yeah that and the Peter North = Asha cult that broke out earlier this week have made TLS pretty interesting the past few days.

yes that was also hilarious. I do find Peter North funny, but not really in this thread. It's mostly just the random threads he starts up with absurd scenarios he wants advice on.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:05 pm

crackberry wrote:

Adding cult founder/leader to any future LOCI's...

crackberry wrote:TBF, tomhobbes is also hilarious. And so is Peter North, though he doesn't post here regularly.

BTW you seem to have changed your tune on North from hating him to he is funny..

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:07 pm

Unitas wrote:
crackberry wrote:TBF, tomhobbes is also hilarious. And so is Peter North, though he doesn't post here regularly.

BTW you seem to have changed your tune on North from hating him to he is funny..

Just because he is amusing with some of his outlandish scenarios doesn't mean I don't get annoyed by his dogged persistence that HLS (and apparently now YLS as well) admits people without interviews, which has been said to be false by the admissions dean himself.

Sorry, run on sentence.

adameus

Postby adameus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:10 pm

crackberry wrote:
Unitas wrote:

Just because he is amusing with some of his outlandish scenarios doesn't mean I don't get annoyed by his dogged persistence that HLS (and apparently now YLS as well) admits people without interviews, which has been said to be false by the admissions dean himself.

Sorry, run on sentence.

well he's right about YLS.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:15 pm

adameus wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Unitas wrote:

Sorry, run on sentence.

well he's right about YLS.

Oh right, sorry I meant phone calls for YLS. Interviews and phone calls for HLS.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:15 pm

Peter North wrote:Nah, crackberry and I are cool. No beef whatsoever. I think all of us have some disagreements to some extent every now and then. And that's fine.

I actually like each and every one of you on this hilariously witty thread. :oops: Good to know that underneath all the serious talk, we all can exchange in pointless banter every now and then. :D Funnily enough, most of you clowns are also active in the HLS thread.

Wouldn't it be hilarious is some (or most) of us ended up in the same 1L section @ YLS or HLS come August/September? :shock:

PS -- btw, no to derail this thread with HLS chatter... with all due respect, and not to revive that old argument, but crackberry and I disagreed about the so called mandatory nature of the JR1 call as a precursor to any successful application. Others have also agreed with me on this. I was basing my position on the consensus of 3 previous applicants (1 non-trad, 1 international and 1 JD/MBA) who were not interviewed - and all three were late summer admits. (The JD/MBA individual had a face-to-face interview with HBS; HLS accepted that in lieu of his phone interview). Mind you, all this is water under the bridge. This is JR's first-term as dean and therefore anything is possible. The HLS white paper on admission doesn't allude to the notion that all applicants (those likely to be successful ones at least) will be interviewed, but as crackberry correctly pointed out, JR's blog post says otherwise. We'll just have to wait and see how things play out this cycle. It's still way to early.

What is a HLS white paper???

BTW what the hell happened to your writing?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:17 pm

Unitas wrote:BTW what the hell happened to your writing?

Your theory just got shot to shit, huh?

tinman

Postby tinman » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:17 pm

adameus wrote:
crackberry wrote:
adameus wrote:

Hilarity.

How did 203 out him? I feel like I missed some inside information to which you all are privy.

It's funny that they outed him. Even funnier if they did it deliberate. Though he did know the financial aid summer contribution at YLS. Maybe Herb and not North is Asha.

Gymnast0206

Postby Gymnast0206 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Well...I think all of you should petition for a reality show. Honestly, good stuff.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:21 pm

tinman wrote:How did 203 out him? I feel like I missed some inside information to which you all are privy.

It's funny that they outed him. Even funnier if they did it deliberate. Though he did know the financial aid summer contribution at YLS. Maybe Herb and not North is Asha.

He claimed to be accepted yesterday when they posted on Twitter that they were going to call admits. Today, they posted to say that actually they didn't call anyone yesterday.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”