Yale 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CardinalRules

Re: Yale 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:18 pm

crackberry wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:I kind of wish I could go to Stanford's ASW, but I just don't think I should take the time off from school to do it, especially since I'm so sure about Yale. If I were trying to ID you, I'd just head towards the Stanford-UG guy who was most loudly singing Stanford's praises. Or maybe I'd be more subtle and diss Stanford to draw you out.

The latter would definitely work better than the former, but I'd like to think I can blend in with a crowd if necessary. There are a few people on here (BioE and Kretzy most notably) who will know who I am for various reasons, but other than them, I wonder how well I could keep myself hidden.

I think that I would know who you are.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:18 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:Hey Crack, would it be in poor taste to come fully adorned in Cal gear?

Also, this is sort of unfair, given that UCB's admit weekend is before Stanford's. Cause I'd have no problem showing up to BoalTTT in Stanford swag if I saw you at Stanford wearing Cal gear. Unfortunately, you get the last laugh in this situation.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:20 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
crackberry wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:I kind of wish I could go to Stanford's ASW, but I just don't think I should take the time off from school to do it, especially since I'm so sure about Yale. If I were trying to ID you, I'd just head towards the Stanford-UG guy who was most loudly singing Stanford's praises. Or maybe I'd be more subtle and diss Stanford to draw you out.

The latter would definitely work better than the former, but I'd like to think I can blend in with a crowd if necessary. There are a few people on here (BioE and Kretzy most notably) who will know who I am for various reasons, but other than them, I wonder how well I could keep myself hidden.

I think that I would know who you are.

Yeah, you could probably figure it out as well. Though I think you'll be in Cambridge anyway, so it won't matter.

lawyering

Postby lawyering » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:25 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
crackberry wrote:Could Herb have grabbed those names off the website, or did those of you who were actually admitted get such calls as well?

Hmm, I am actually starting to believe him in spite of myself. He's got Barbara's name right, and I don't think that it's on their website.

First of all, he said "some Pat Barnes lady"--c'mon. Second, Barbara Brangi is mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=96&start=175. Third, there's just NO way.

chi16

Postby chi16 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:34 pm

lawyering wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
crackberry wrote:Could Herb have grabbed those names off the website, or did those of you who were actually admitted get such calls as well?

Hmm, I am actually starting to believe him in spite of myself. He's got Barbara's name right, and I don't think that it's on their website.

First of all, he said "some Pat Barnes lady"--c'mon. Second, Barbara Brangi is mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=96&start=175. Third, there's just NO way.

I feel like a total chump for believing him. But I'm new to this whole TLS so I don't really know how to separate the chaff from the wheat like you seasoned pros.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:45 pm

See everyone, believe no one.

lawyering

Postby lawyering » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:30 pm

Herb Watchfell wrote:Yo, I just got off the phone with Barbara Brangi of Admissions and she told me that some "Pat Barnes" lady should have my financial aid award finalized within the coming weeks. Have any of you received your package yet?

PS I updated my profile today to reflect my actual gpa/lsat/undergrad. I figured I should out myself now that YLS has let me in. Hopefully they won't change their minds!

I look forward to meeting you all!

all right Herb. if you REALLY got admitted to YLS...tell me...what are the documents currently available on the YLS facebook group?

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:36 pm

honestly?

i am dumbfounded that anyone would believe for a second that herb applied to and got into yale. i doubt he's even an applicant this year, he's just an unfunny trollish douche. at best, he's someone's shitty alt. come on people, Image

btw herb you should have kept that old creepy looking guy as your avatar, he suits you much better IMO

tenui

Postby tenui » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:30 pm

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:43 pm

Herb - you are an enigma.

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:23 am

crackberry wrote:Herb - you are an enigma.

no, he's not. nothing about him is enigmatic, he just sucks. i'm a little baffled and amused. he's a lame troll for his first 100 posts, then suddenly he pretends he's gotten into yale and everyone's on his nuts? tsk tsk, TLS

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:38 am

I don't really understand the TLS obsession with calling everything a flame and not wanting to fall victim to trolls. I understand why you might go out of your way to avoid a conman in real life, but why work so hard not to be fooled by someone online? What's the harm if I believe that Herb Watchfell got into Yale and he's really just lying? Is he gonna say "ha, fooled you!" one day and make me feel stupid? Is he gonna PM me and say "TH, I just don't have enough money for my seat deposit at Yale, think you could spot me?" If he does, I'll just revise my opinion.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:42 am

Lmao Zedong wrote:

no, he's not. nothing about him is enigmatic, he just sucks. i'm a little baffled and amused. he's a lame troll for his first 100 posts, then suddenly he pretends he's gotten into yale and everyone's on his nuts? tsk tsk, TLS

TLS is a troll's paradise. People argue with the trolls, compliment the trolls, and even start threads about the trolls. A needy troll will never go hungry on TLS.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:49 am

tomhobbes wrote:I don't really understand the TLS obsession with calling everything a flame and not wanting to fall victim to trolls. I understand why you might go out of your way to avoid a conman in real life, but why work so hard not to be fooled by someone online? What's the harm if I believe that Herb Watchfell got into Yale and he's really just lying?

No harm at all. In fact, I would prefer that people just ignored possible trolls and/or treated them like anyone else. Instead, we get hundreds of posts by people speculating whether person X is really a troll or whether person Y is actually that guy from Hastings who got banned last year. In its most extreme form, troll obsession leads to this:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111997

Herb Watchfell

Postby Herb Watchfell » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:36 am

Had you given me this opportunity a year or so ago, I might very well have claimed to be an enigma wrapped in a riddle, shrouded in a mystery, enveloped in an éclair, gently bathed in the lightest of whipping creams, topped with an Acerola cherry, and blanketed by a wafer paper so fine that even the saintest of grandmothers cannot help but to drop her panties for.

But one cannot both be that which he once was and what he currently is, lest he indulge in complacency.

I am no longer who I once was, nor am I what I long to be. I am wedged between two lonely cheeks. I am three left turns from a colon, two peristaltic pulsations from a putrid pond. I am half a meter from your heart and one billion six-hundred and seven million miles from--alas--Uranus.

What has become of me?

Turd.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:47 am

tomhobbes wrote:I don't really understand the TLS obsession with calling everything a flame and not wanting to fall victim to trolls. I understand why you might go out of your way to avoid a conman in real life, but why work so hard not to be fooled by someone online? What's the harm if I believe that Herb Watchfell got into Yale and he's really just lying? Is he gonna say "ha, fooled you!" one day and make me feel stupid? Is he gonna PM me and say "TH, I just don't have enough money for my seat deposit at Yale, think you could spot me?" If he does, I'll just revise my opinion.

You worked pretty hard thinking I had an alt when I didn't. I didn't quite understand either. Just saying.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:59 am

Herb Watchfell wrote:

Had you given me this opportunity a year or so ago, I might very well have claimed to be an enigma wrapped in a riddle, shrouded in a mystery, enveloped in an éclair, gently bathed in the lightest of whipping creams, topped with an Acerola cherry, and blanketed by a wafer paper so fine that even the saintest of grandmothers cannot help but to drop her panties for.

But one cannot both be that which he once was and what he currently is, lest he indulge in complacency.

I am no longer who I once was, nor am I what I long to be. I am wedged between two lonely cheeks. I am three left turns from a colon, two peristaltic pulsations from a putrid pond. I am half a meter from your heart and one billion six-hundred and seven million miles from--alas--Uranus.

What has become of me?

Turd.

Reading this post, I can see how you might have gone to HYS. It's your best creation yet.

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:03 am

r6_philly wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:I don't really understand the TLS obsession with calling everything a flame and not wanting to fall victim to trolls. I understand why you might go out of your way to avoid a conman in real life, but why work so hard not to be fooled by someone online? What's the harm if I believe that Herb Watchfell got into Yale and he's really just lying? Is he gonna say "ha, fooled you!" one day and make me feel stupid? Is he gonna PM me and say "TH, I just don't have enough money for my seat deposit at Yale, think you could spot me?" If he does, I'll just revise my opinion.

You worked pretty hard thinking I had an alt when I didn't. I didn't quite understand either. Just saying.

That was different. I was motivated by curiosity. The people I'm criticizing are motivated by suspicion.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:20 am

tomhobbes wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

That was different. I was motivated by curiosity. The people I'm criticizing are motivated by suspicion.

I think troll hunting is just as fun as trolling. It is like reverse trolling. The motivation may be the same.

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:29 am

</3

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:50 am

r6_philly wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

I think troll hunting is just as fun as trolling. It is like reverse trolling. The motivation may be the same.

I think that you're on to something there. Trolls enjoy playing the criminal, but others equally enjoy playing detective.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:38 am

CardinalRules wrote:I think that you're on to something there. Trolls enjoy playing the criminal, but others equally enjoy playing detective.

It is a mutually beneficial relationship, thus it thrives on the fertile grounds of TLS. Ecotrollogy, the internectual way of life.

Lysis

Postby Lysis » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:35 pm

Hah...Twitter confirms that Herb is a loser. Priceless.

Good luck today guys!

ConMan345

Postby ConMan345 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:36 pm

Lysis wrote:Hah...Twitter confirms that Herb is a loser. Priceless.

Good luck today guys!

+1

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:37 pm

Lysis wrote:Hah...Twitter confirms that Herb is a loser. Priceless.

Good luck today guys!

Hehe. Good luck on calls today folks!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”